Sam Rush and Flagman trying too hard?

you-rams

I can't help but feel all of the effort made by Sam Rush and Flagman to create a better atmosphere is a wasted effort.

The board need to sort out the team first. Once we have something to compete for then the atmosphere and the fans returns. Our season was over after the Forest game.

I appreciate the effort you've made Flagman, but tell Sam Rush to sort the performances of the players.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally feel some are not trying at all for atmosphere at games, often I'm told to sit down, to stop swearing (which is fair enough), frowned upon by certain folk if I sing, it's too much of a family day out now from the older days of before my time, every thing that happens at pride park now is family orientated! Can't fault those who put the effort in for atmosphere, but when 75% just sit there and can't wait for a cup of tea at half time you aren't going to get much of an atmosphere eh..

Atmosphere is created by good performances, or so insanely **** performances that we can collectively take the piss (worst team in history?)

Recently the atmosphere is dead, because there is nothing to play for - not that I will make excuses about our fans though, who can proclaim to be something special, but we're not. The most annoying thing about Derby and Forest fans alike, along with Leeds and West Ham fans (when they were down here) is the attitude we have because we support a so called 'big club' - really gets on my tits that one! 

Atmosphere is created by good performances, or so insanely **** performances that we can collectively take the piss (worst team in history?)

Recently the atmosphere is dead, because there is nothing to play for - not that I will make excuses about our fans though, who can proclaim to be something special, but we're not. The most annoying thing about Derby and Forest fans alike, along with Leeds and West Ham fans (when they were down here) is the attitude we have because we support a so called 'big club' - really gets on my tits that one!

tis annoying with the big club attitude! I love the "how can teams like Doncaster and Ssausagehorpe beat us?" Quite easily actually as they showed us. Nobody has a Devine right for a win. And when we sing "is that all you bring away?" When our away support is well.. Dire! Definitely need a play off push this season (unlikely I know) or next to improve atmosphere otherwise attendances will shoot further down.

I've given up on singing myself. I used to join in every song no matter how ***** or how few people sung it. Now I just can't be bothered.

Pride Park is a massive dump. I detest the place. It's nothing like 'home'. In fact the only time it makes noise is when it's booing or moaning.

Football died when it started catering and pampering to people who thought they'd jump on a bandwagon.

I can't believe grown men wave when they're on a big screen. "Look I'm on telly".... What are you doing? How old are you people? Next it'll be the love heart where it zooms in on couples.

Why are you going home at 1-1 with 10 mins to play? To beat traffic? Have a think about it?

Put your phone down, stop talking to your mate about Gareth Bale's goal v WHU. Put the same effort into backing the team as you do I to booing.

Stop encouraging that **** in the Ram costume to dance around like a pi55ed Uncle at a wedding. Support the bloody team. Every year there's a thread on how many people enjoyed the atmosphere v Forest (except this year because even Forest and Leeds are rubbish now). But the very next week you're sat down waiting for somebody else to do something. Get up. Sing. Don't sit and moan about everything.

We're a mid table Championship side. No it's not a constant funfair but its not worth sitting staring into your lap. It makes it worse. If you don't want to sing then that's fine. There's a whole stand that's built for spectating. But the majority of people are stuck in a brain dead routine that has sucked whatever life was in that pantomime ground.

Me too now. It's done me. I can't be arsed. Friday was the last straw. Forest atmosphere - garbage. Leeds - garbage. Friday night - Crystal Palace - "is this a library?" ...... Wait, what's that? Booing? The loudest noise of the night?

We played good football at the start of the season. We were sniffing around the play offs. Yet it's been terrible this season for noise. What will wake the dump up? Top of the league? Free flowing direct on the floor football? Bloody hell.

I don't think I'll get an ST next year now. The casual fans and the ridiculous American experience have killed it for me. I realise I might sound mardy, I am, but it's because it's something I value. It's the passionate and tribal side of football that identifies Derby to me and those days are gone. It doesn't give me any enjoyment any more. I admire Nick and Co who keep trying against the odds. I hate everything about modern football. We don't celebrate anything anymore. We don't take pride in ourselves as fans. We sit and wait for something to inspire us. Why not try inspiring. But the minute a pass goes astray suddenly there's some passion? What's that about?

I won't miss pop music, two minute warning, ball kids, Kids reading names, ironic chants, casual fans, goal music and "we pay your wages" arrogance. I won't miss a thing from the dead Coventry City FC bowl. It's a terrible sequel to the BBG. Worse days could be ahead. Take pride in the support even if the football is Zzzz. It's just not 'home'.

To be honest I guess it all depends what kind of supporter you are...

I never went to games for the atmosphere.. If there was one, great, if there wasn't one, great.. It was the same for me..

I happily sat near the top trying to enjoy a game of football whilst telling my Dad where things could be improved or what they could do differently etc.

When I had a ST 5 years ago it was pretty quiet then.. Have things really changed that much?

I can see where you're coming from Alpha.. But it all depends on who is complaining.. If there are guys on here moaning about the atmosphere or let's the poor atmosphere affect them then they really should do something about it.. Like me, I don't care if it's rocking or if it is a library.. Like I mentioned, I just watch the football (Although I love how vocal German and Italian supporters are) I don't love it that much that I would start campaigning for it..

I just feel sorry for the guys who genuinely grew up on the terraces of the BBG and witnessed the fantastic atmosphere and got used to it.. All I've ever known is a quiet PP atmosphere so I can't complain or say that I miss something that I never had..

Guess I should be honored to have a thread under my name!  :lol:

Listen Alpha you have hit the nail on the head their pal, you really have! Fully agree with your comments.

I must admit even I am losing the will to live with it all. Maybe I am spending too much time on it all and a tweet made me laugh on saturday night! Was out on the lash as you do and ended up talking to a fan in the toilets for about 30 minutes South Stand related. Anyways another Derby fan heard this and tweeted me saying you'd expect to hear it at PPS not Walkabout toilet! Made me chuckle! Its always on my mind is what I am saying.

Palace fans are I guess are a good example with their ultra setup. Not that we should ever go down that route but the reason they got it all sorted for the better was because they admitted their fans were ****. Maybe we should do the same I dont know.

Safe Standing that the club support is round the corner, maybe 3 years away before it will be allowed. Will this improve the atmosphere, yes it will but its not happening anytime soon. I have another visit to Germany end of season for some more promotional work, after my trip to Hannover very much looking forward to it! Flag will be there of course!!  :p

To be fair to the club they have tried to improve the atmosphere. We have the South Stand open for next season. I have had many conversations with Sam and phone calls and yes I was disappointed about the away fans not being housed in the SE Corner next season but I have Sam's word, under his regime now, that this will be seriously looked into for season 14-15. Regardless of what the club do though its not down to them to sort, its up to us fans. 

I really dont know what to say that I haven't said already on other threads. I have an area for next season in the South Stand Block E where my name has to be quoted to be in this area, this is to avoid any fans moving to this little area for cheaper ST prices. If you want to make a difference move your ticket to here. Simple as that. Just want to continue to discuss and not do anything about it then that's your choice!

In my honest opinion the sooner the SE Corner is broken up the better. Pride Park needs a fresh approach. Will be interesting to see next season how the SE Corner take to the South Stand. I imagine it will be political like it is now.

I do actually think next season will be good for atmosphere. Just bear in mind South Stand Block E is right next to the away fans so exchanging of songs will be more than ever. We will have no choice but to sing.

My final comment will be a thumbs up to Nigel Clough. He is very interested in the atmosphere at Derby. I mean come on, what other football manager will sit down with a fan and discuss ideas about how to improve things, get the best out of players etc

Lets see how we get on next season.

And remember South Stand Block E  ;) (an area where like minded individuals will be) 

Nick

Why don't you push forward the 'repeat the surname after the tannoy' that the Italians and Germans do when they score a goal..

Goalscorer for Bayern Munchen number 7..

Franck RIBERY

Franck RIBERY

Frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraanck RIBERY

It sounds feckin awesome.. Better than the usual 'And the goalscorer for DCFC Jamie Ward followed by a girly YEYYYYYY and a few claps

I was thinking of a st in the south stand next season but when I mentioned it to my lad he said no.

It comes to something when a 13 year old wont go to the football because the whole 'match day experience' is boring.

Totally agree.....

1. Turn the fkn music down

2. Get rid of that 'welcome to the jungle' bllx

3. Kill all the stage managed pantomine

4. Get rid of sponge head

Allow us to hear our own fans above the din

Less is more

I went to watch a match at Ajax a couple of years ago whilst Derby were losing at home to Doncaster Rovers

Their fans produced a fantastic atmosphere

There was none of the disney land stuff and you could actually enjoy a pint whilst sat in the stand.

And it cost 15 euros to get in as opposed to the £35 my ticket cost v wolves.

Totally agree.....

1. Turn the fkn music down

2. Get rid of that 'welcome to the jungle' bllx

3. Kill all the stage managed pantomine

4. Get rid of sponge head

Allow us to hear our own fans above the din

Less is more

I went to watch a match at Ajax a couple of years ago whilst Derby were losing at home to Doncaster Rovers

Their fans produced a fantastic atmosphere

There was none of the disney land stuff and you could actually enjoy a pint whilst sat in the stand.

And it cost 15 euros to get in as opposed to the £35 my ticket cost v wolves.

Therein lies a massive part of the problem. To get a ticket to watch a team like Rochdale (£20) will cost you more than a ticket to go and watch Ajax, Dortmund, Bayern and many of the top European clubs from our brethren the Dutch and Germans. No idea of ticket prices in Spain and Italy, but I'm sure it's better value for money than it is over here.

People who can actually afford to shell out the amount of money it costs to watch Derby will largely (not everyone) be older people without any responsibilities to take care of first. Their children have grown up and left home, or are old enough to pay for themselves. In the case of my Uncle and Aunt, they've been going for about 50 years since the days of value for money and it's now just a habit. I know for a fact my Uncle goes just to shout at the 'linesman' or call players 'useless'.

The music, as at most grounds, is complete ***** and I really don't know what group of people they are even aiming it at. The oldies aren't interested in it, the families aren't interested in it, the younger people aren't interested in it and the kids sure as hell won't be interested in it. What two bit moron ever thought that was a good idea? It's not even the American model, it's a 5th rate version of it that will never reach out to English society, never mind Derby.

Even the radio commentary team complain about the music, particularly 'welcome to the jungle'. Welcome to the Countdown pre entertainment show would be more apt.

English football is on it's arse. It's not competitive any more, it's not about the fan experience. English fans used to prize themselves on the atmosphere they created, even Americans are better than us at it now.

Guess I should be honored to have a thread under my name!  :lol:

Listen Alpha you have hit the nail on the head their pal, you really have! Fully agree with your comments.

I must admit even I am losing the will to live with it all. Maybe I am spending too much time on it all and a tweet made me laugh on saturday night! Was out on the lash as you do and ended up talking to a fan in the toilets for about 30 minutes South Stand related. Anyways another Derby fan heard this and tweeted me saying you'd expect to hear it at PPS not Walkabout toilet! Made me chuckle! Its always on my mind is what I am saying.

Palace fans are I guess are a good example with their ultra setup. Not that we should ever go down that route but the reason they got it all sorted for the better was because they admitted their fans were ****. Maybe we should do the same I dont know.

Safe Standing that the club support is round the corner, maybe 3 years away before it will be allowed. Will this improve the atmosphere, yes it will but its not happening anytime soon. I have another visit to Germany end of season for some more promotional work, after my trip to Hannover very much looking forward to it! Flag will be there of course!!  :p

To be fair to the club they have tried to improve the atmosphere. We have the South Stand open for next season. I have had many conversations with Sam and phone calls and yes I was disappointed about the away fans not being housed in the SE Corner next season but I have Sam's word, under his regime now, that this will be seriously looked into for season 14-15. Regardless of what the club do though its not down to them to sort, its up to us fans. 

I really dont know what to say that I haven't said already on other threads. I have an area for next season in the South Stand Block E where my name has to be quoted to be in this area, this is to avoid any fans moving to this little area for cheaper ST prices. If you want to make a difference move your ticket to here. Simple as that. Just want to continue to discuss and not do anything about it then that's your choice!

In my honest opinion the sooner the SE Corner is broken up the better. Pride Park needs a fresh approach. Will be interesting to see next season how the SE Corner take to the South Stand. I imagine it will be political like it is now.

I do actually think next season will be good for atmosphere. Just bear in mind South Stand Block E is right next to the away fans so exchanging of songs will be more than ever. We will have no choice but to sing.

My final comment will be a thumbs up to Nigel Clough. He is very interested in the atmosphere at Derby. I mean come on, what other football manager will sit down with a fan and discuss ideas about how to improve things, get the best out of players etc

Lets see how we get on next season.

And remember South Stand Block E  ;) (an area where like minded individuals will be) 

Nick

I've already moved from the corner to Block E Nick! Looking forward to something different.

The only thing is I cant help but think it isn't going to make a difference until we have something to play for. 

Maybe those of us who can't go very often for various reasons are just so pleased to be there that we don't notice the atmosphere so much!

I go with my son and his 3 daughters. We shout a lot and don't notice what everyone else is doing!

Mind you,this season when we've played some good football, I get so involved watching it, I forget to shout - but then I am old!

I've already moved from the corner to Block E Nick! Looking forward to something different.

The only thing is I cant help but think it isn't going to make a difference until we have something to play for. 

Good lad!

This is where over time I hope the mentality changes.

We manage it away from home so why not Pride Park.

Get the like minded individuals together and all of a sudden others start joining in.

Lets get into the mentality that it doesn't matter what the score is but show other fans who visit how good our fans are! They may have battered us 0-4 but let them talk about how good Derby fans were on their journey home...

BTW Yes I do care about the score before I get jumped on with that comment!

Music has always been played at football, and even was at the BBG, so those rose-tinted glasses can come off.

It's the type of music that's the key. You need it prior to KO to wind up and inspire the supporters. Sunderland had the Dance of the Knights before everyone copied it and the Apprentice nicked it, and it was awesome. Set the hairs on the back of the neck up.  

I've given up on singing myself. I used to join in every song no matter how ***** or how few people sung it. Now I just can't be bothered.

Pride Park is a massive dump. I detest the place. It's nothing like 'home'. In fact the only time it makes noise is when it's booing or moaning.

Football died when it started catering and pampering to people who thought they'd jump on a bandwagon.

I can't believe grown men wave when they're on a big screen. "Look I'm on telly".... What are you doing? How old are you people? Next it'll be the love heart where it zooms in on couples.

Why are you going home at 1-1 with 10 mins to play? To beat traffic? Have a think about it?

Put your phone down, stop talking to your mate about Gareth Bale's goal v WHU. Put the same effort into backing the team as you do I to booing.

Stop encouraging that **** in the Ram costume to dance around like a pi55ed Uncle at a wedding. Support the bloody team. Every year there's a thread on how many people enjoyed the atmosphere v Forest (except this year because even Forest and Leeds are rubbish now). But the very next week you're sat down waiting for somebody else to do something. Get up. Sing. Don't sit and moan about everything.

We're a mid table Championship side. No it's not a constant funfair but its not worth sitting staring into your lap. It makes it worse. If you don't want to sing then that's fine. There's a whole stand that's built for spectating. But the majority of people are stuck in a brain dead routine that has sucked whatever life was in that pantomime ground.

Me too now. It's done me. I can't be arsed. Friday was the last straw. Forest atmosphere - garbage. Leeds - garbage. Friday night - Crystal Palace - "is this a library?" ...... Wait, what's that? Booing? The loudest noise of the night?

We played good football at the start of the season. We were sniffing around the play offs. Yet it's been terrible this season for noise. What will wake the dump up? Top of the league? Free flowing direct on the floor football? Bloody hell.

I don't think I'll get an ST next year now. The casual fans and the ridiculous American experience have killed it for me. I realise I might sound mardy, I am, but it's because it's something I value. It's the passionate and tribal side of football that identifies Derby to me and those days are gone. It doesn't give me any enjoyment any more. I admire Nick and Co who keep trying against the odds. I hate everything about modern football. We don't celebrate anything anymore. We don't take pride in ourselves as fans. We sit and wait for something to inspire us. Why not try inspiring. But the minute a pass goes astray suddenly there's some passion? What's that about?

I won't miss pop music, two minute warning, ball kids, Kids reading names, ironic chants, casual fans, goal music and "we pay your wages" arrogance. I won't miss a thing from the dead Coventry City FC bowl. It's a terrible sequel to the BBG. Worse days could be ahead. Take pride in the support even if the football is Zzzz. It's just not 'home'.

I've barely been to Pride Park in the last couple of years. Went to the Brighton game and couldnt really believe what was going on. I dont mind music being played before the game, HT etc but a) put some decent tunes on and b) does it really need to be so f*cking loud, can barely hear the person next to you.

I actually think if they played the right music in the lead up it could improve the atmosphere throughout the game. The club need to get a poll going and get a playlist, keep it the same every game, that should be something to push through Nick. As Vulcan said, the Apprentice music is quite powerful, not saying to copy that but I can see that getting people pumped. Plus it's a good way to get a club anthem going, it will encourage it to get sung during the game.

If the club scrapped the bloke who's on the pitch near the dugouts speaking on the tannoy that would improve things massively. The bloke's an absolute iron, just embarasses himself and the club. Is he on twitter cos someone needs to tell him?

My other half is a Bradford fan, so I get to see them quite regularly. When we go to home games, we sit in the "kop" behind the gol at Valley Parade. Capital One Cup aside, attendances are around 10k-11k, and the atmosphere there appears much better than at Pride Park (I sit fairly centrally in the East Stand). The main reason for this is that all the home singers at Valley Parade sit in that stand, so it sounds like the whole ground is loud.

Interestingly, at Wembley last week, where there were 32,000 Bradford fans, the noise wasn't anywhere near at Valley Parade!!! I assume this is for a variety of reasons: 1. The singers got split up; 2. There were lots of extra hangers on that were non-vocal; 3. Bradford fans were a little in awe of the occasion, were waiting for their team to do something on the pitch, and eventually, for the last 20 minutes, they thought f*** it and they all sang!!!

Make of that what you will!!

Archived