Ashamed of our fans tonight

rad1919

Didnt go to the game tonight as I was doing charity work. Gave my season tickets to a friend he said it was an excellent game and we could have got 2 or 3 without the penalty.

But as we say, it's always could have and if and but and maybe. We need some experienced players.

I have questions:

Did Martin play well?

Was the goal we conceded good attacking or poor defending?

Was it the whole ground that booed Sammon, or just a minority?

Was it poor tactics from the staff or did the gameplan work?

He was alright

Neither twas a fluke

Most of the ground

Nothing wrong with the tactics

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The booing at Sammon, amongst other things,is prob just a general frustration that yet another season is just petering out. People who live abroad or don't spend their time and money going to games do not pick up on the annoyance and frustration just seeping through the stands at the moment, so it's easy for them to have a pop.

Sammon might not have wanted to cost 1.2 mill but he did. He might not have wanted to miss the peno but he did. He might not have wanted to waste possession the majority of the time he had it, but he did. I'm afraid a half fit Chris Martin showed him up. And I'm someone whose defended Sammon to the hilt so far this season.

So no, I wouldn't say our fans are a disgrace. Though I would urge those who moan constantly not to buy a season ticket next year because I'm not convinced its going to be any better.

Didnt go to the game tonight as I was doing charity work. Gave my season tickets to a friend he said it was an excellent game and we could have got 2 or 3 without the penalty.

But as we say, it's always could have and if and but and maybe. We need some experienced players.

I have questions:

Did Martin play well?

Yes, think he played well

But of both, he got some luck but the keepers positioning was questionable and bolasie finished it well

It wasn't the whole ground at all, by the time his missed penalty was cleared, half the ground had walked out in disgust!

Tactics and gameplan were fine, final ball and shooting were not, got ourselves in plenty of good positions but take far too long and too many touches

I have questions:

Did Martin play well?

considering Martin isn't fully fit i was very impressed, looked after the ball well and held the ball until midfielders and others arrived. a couple of lovely reverse passes, looks like he needs someone running in and around him. 

the gameplan worked to a point, and that point was Speroni.

Martin is what I expected Sammon to be. Except I knew Sammon was fast so I was really excited when we signed him. Martin looks like he does the easy stuff easily. Looking forward to seeing what else he's got?

Or is he built to have a poacher to feed??

There is, He played the full90 despite being the worst player on the pitch.

Didn't see him win a single header? He runs, slows down then runs again wtf? How many chances does he need? Should have scored a bloody hat trick today alone.

If I was Coutts, Brayford and ward I'd be fuming at the amount of chances created on a plate, in which He failed to convert.

Mikkel beck was dire, but Sammon cannot be far off.

I know Holloway can be a bit random but his comments about how Derby are great role models, with a fantastic youth set up, with youngsters that will go on to be heroes, probably sums up how outsiders see our club.

And our "fans" boo their own players and continue to demand the mangement team who have spent four years getting us to this point should leave.

Perhaps you would prefer to be in Leicester's position and have our ground bought by a bunch of Malaysians?

Be very, very careful what you wish for.

I tend to ignore the vast majority of Derby 'fans', most are clueless ****** who have uneducated rants/opinions.

Yes Sammon was poor, but so were others. A striker who is clearly trying to rectify his drought and lack of confidence doesn't need berating and abuse.

'well he cost 1.2 million' he didn't decide his price, hes our player, and as bad as he has been playing he needs at least an ounce of support.

The blokes confidence is shot and the constant boos and jeers are killing him, he needs dropping just so he can have a break from the constant abuse.

He shouldn't of had the pen yes but like I said on the matchday thread instead of going noooo, encourage him.

I feel really sorry for him.

Question: is he getting more abuse than stern john.

Jeez I carnt stand Sammon as a signing but wouldnt boo him during the game....but saying his confidence is shot to bits off late is off beam...the issue is that his confidence has been shot to bits since he left Killie, due to the fact he is playing in leagues that are above his level...his record at Wigan (1 in 32) & his meagre return for us show this...So although I pity the fish at the moment & wont boo him at the games I would gladly drive him to any other club free of charge...

There is, He played the full90 despite being the worst player on the pitch.

Didn't see him win a single header? He runs, slows down then runs again wtf? How many chances does he need? Should have scored a bloody hat trick today alone.

If I was Coutts, Brayford and ward I'd be fuming at the amount of chances created on a plate, in which He failed to convert.

Mikkel beck was dire, but Sammon cannot be far off.

Well i saw him win a few headers, he also held the ball up a few times and certainly skinned their full backs on a few occasions, worst player for me was Jacobs, did nothing for me at all.

See what I mean about the hating most Derby fans except the hardcore like this forum?

Some are fed up of Sammon.

Some will persist with him.

But at least everyone on here can understand that abuse doesn't help at all.

"We pay your wages, play 442" ....... I'd like to pay your wages and demand you play on the M1

Archived