Ashamed of our fans tonight

rad1919

So "loyal" Rams fans should be applauded for venting their "anger" by booing a player before, during and after they take a penalty? If you "loyal" fans are the future of this club I despair.

I am lucky enough to have experienced the Baseball Ground and it's legendary atmosphere but I have also experienced Pride Park when it was rocking (it has happened). I remember us coming back from a goal down against Middlesbrough with ten men and winning 2-1. What an atmosphere. What a day.

But it has all changed.

No longer do we get behind the team. Our new generation of "fans" deem it necessary to spend 90 minutes staring at the opposition fans, telling them how pleased they are not to live where they do, or how great they are to be "singing on their own".

Frankly, it's a bit embarrasing.

To be fair, it is a bit easier to get behind a team when you are an upwardly mobile Premiership team like we were back then, compared to the mediocre team in a poor league like we are now, not many clubs in this level have great atmosphere and they all have quarter/half empty stadiums, including us.

The away fans always tend to out-sing the home fans.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So "loyal" Rams fans should be applauded for venting their "anger" by booing a player before, during and after they take a penalty? If you "loyal" fans are the future of this club I despair.

I am lucky enough to have experienced the Baseball Ground and it's legendary atmosphere but I have also experienced Pride Park when it was rocking (it has happened). I remember us coming back from a goal down against Middlesbrough with ten men and winning 2-1. What an atmosphere. What a day.

But it has all changed.

No longer do we get behind the team. Our new generation of "fans" deem it necessary to spend 90 minutes staring at the opposition fans, telling them how pleased they are not to live where they do, or how great they are to be "singing on their own".

Dont forget the irony of the chant "your support is ******* ****!" <_<

But it has all changed.

Ffs mate the team we had then was totally inspiring compared to the one we have now (four five yougsters excepted) chalk & cheese..... I'm not taking sides as I stated earlier & agree with you that any booing was wrong...but I repeat we live in a world were people are wired differently in their emotions & thought processes, so express themselves differently.. some get irate some will blindly take anything their leaders dish out...strewth I'd hate for you to have been a political leader... you would of been a dictator who would of run through anybody who didnt agree with your views/behaviours... the worlds not made like that mate, people can act differently & still care about the same thing.

Bit like religion same god (mainly) but different ways to worship & judging from whats on here just as much animosity towards each other.....

But it has all changed.

Frankly, it's a bit embarrasing

I was a "pop-sider" too you are not the only one.The atmosphere there was unique and special to all of us.Pride Park will never

match it even if we get winning ways again.However how bad was the booiing where you were because loads of fans are telling

me that it was only at the end and not during the penalty.

Ffs mate the team we had then was totally inspiring compared to the one we have now (four five yougsters excepted) chalk & cheese..... I'm not taking sides as I stated earlier & agree with you that any booing was wrong...but I repeat we live in a world were people are wired differently in their emotions & thought processes, so express themselves differently.. some get irate some will blindly take anything their leaders dish out...strewth I'd hate for you to have been a political leader... you would of been a dictator who would of run through anybody who didnt agree with your views/behaviours... the worlds not made like that mate, people can act differently & still care about the same thing.

Bit like religion same god (mainly) but different ways to worship & judging from whats on here just as much animosity towards each other.....

Quite a good post. You have thought this out. Do you think the acid is expanding your mind.

Maybe it is harsh to criticise our fans for booing, maybe it is the x-factor generation of modern football fans. Maybe its the result of our dumbing down, winner takes all society.

Stoke fans today have said a small minority booed at the end of their game because they lost at home to West Ham.

Pulis' tactics and mid table mediocrity seem to be their main gripes.

I suppose the all-seater stadia has eroded the tribal warfare, biased support that I grew up with. Oh there were plenty of protests, Clough, Mackay, Maxwell, fans climbing into the Directors box, riot police beating us back.....demonstrations, marches, banners, we did it all, yet I can't remember us being so quick to boo our own players......not even Mick Brolly!

Maybe its a generation thing, it just dunna seem raite thats all. 

Maybe it is harsh to criticise our fans for booing, maybe it is the x-factor generation of modern football fans. Maybe its the result of our dumbing down, winner takes all society.

Stoke fans today have said a small minority booed at the end of their game because they lost at home to West Ham.

Pulis' tactics and mid table mediocrity seem to be their main gripes.

I suppose the all-seater stadia has eroded the tribal warfare, biased support that I grew up with. Oh there were plenty of protests, Clough, Mackay, Maxwell, fans climbing into the Directors box, riot police beating us back.....demonstrations, marches, banners, we did it all, yet I can't remember us being so quick to boo our own players......not even Mick Brolly!

Maybe its a generation thing, it just dunna seem raite thats all.

Can you remember "for all we are saying is **** off maxwell". Everyone hated him. Now that is when you want someone out!!!

Ffs mate the team we had then was totally inspiring compared to the one we have now (four five yougsters excepted) chalk & cheese..... I'm not taking sides as I stated earlier & agree with you that any booing was wrong...but I repeat we live in a world were people are wired differently in their emotions & thought processes, so express themselves differently.. some get irate some will blindly take anything their leaders dish out...strewth I'd hate for you to have been a political leader... you would of been a dictator who would of run through anybody who didnt agree with your views/behaviours... the worlds not made like that mate, people can act differently & still care about the same thing.

I think you confuse booing at PP with not being submissive to authority. You seem to suggest that someone who despairs about the lack of support for the team at PP as being like a murderous destructive dictator who is intolerant of diversity. You then set yourself up as someone who has a better understanding of human nature (and possibly religion) than the despairing poster – which was a bit patronising to say the least.

Unlike the gritty one, I thought it was quite a bad post. Not really thought through. Perhaps the acid is frying your brain.

I'm with uttox on this. Years ago you did a proper protest. The fans were together. It was 'fan power' well it felt like it. If something wasn't right you protest. Thing is no one is sure at the moment. My gripe is there is no ambition. But i'm not going to booo or stamp my feet or throw my rattle out the pram. May be we need a constructed approach to say we want to see ambition.

I hate the "I pay my money so I'll do what I want' argument.

You go girl! Can doing what you want actually include making some fooking atmosphere and offering as much support as eagerly as you criticise?

Fook off!!!!! **** ground, **** fans.

You only sing when you're booing, sing when you're booooooing.

Maybe, just maybe Derby players haven't got a Devine right to win. Maybe they lose because they aren't good enough on the day? Maybe they give it their best shot?

If enough people want Nigel Clough out, get together and do something about it before and after every game.

'Ive paid my money and ill do what I want'...... So have our investors?

Terrible attitude.

Vote with your feet.Its cheap won't cost you a penny and will work in a very short time.Then just

think of the satisfaction you will get when you can say "we did it".

I'll get the satisfaction of saying "I stuck through it". What's the fun of only coming along when things are rosy? I'm not happy with the state of the club right now but when things do improve, I'll be the one enjoying it more than anyone.

The annoying thing will be when others come along and act as if they've supported Derby through thick and thin.

And when Clough does go, I will eat my hat if the reason is because Mr and Mrs Smythe from Alfreton didn't renew their season ticket.

Archived