the overhaul needed...is not of players!

Mostyn6

Ronnie, I do and have commented on the positives. Sadly though for me, the bigger picture and the overall feeling i get is not one i can fake. I cannot fake a positive outlook when I can see just how far away we are in so many aspects.

My positives, and I do list them, In fact I'll copy direct from a post I made on another forum:-

comment by [url=http://www.ja606.co.uk/users/viewUser/1485]Ḿṍṧṫẏṅ6 - time to stir the stagnant pond water (U1485)

posted 1 week, 5 days ago

Positive spins:-

-We are still in existence as a club.

-We are still in the top third of all clubs in the football league.

-We will not be relegated this season.

-We still have our soul, integrity and honesty as a club.

-We have numerous players who are either nowhere near their best or have yet to develop to reach their best.

-We do not have a knee-jerk, trigger-happy bunch of owners.

-We no longer have the burden of unwanted players on the books, draining the club of wages.

-IF (and it's a big if) the owners ever decide to invest and 'Go For It', cos the squad is so small and contracts short and cheap, any costly recruits can go straight into the team alongside our core, with minimal impact, and hardly any drain on resources (a la Claude Davis).

-We know that any sign of excitement or success would see the fickle fans (myself included) return to the stands to watch.

-None of our debt is to actual creditors or banks, thus meaning that we will never be forced into administration by HMRC etc.

-We have a cracking pitch, which, should we ever evolve into playing the beautiful game, it'll be ready-set.

-The fact that money raised from the sales of Shackell and Davies didn't go into the pockets/bank shows that at least there is a slight admission/acceptance that there must be continual investment into the playing side. I think the owners realise that neglecting the 1st team results in ending up like Coventry.

-The owners cannot walk away from the club without writing off significant funds, and they cannot make a profit in this division, and they cannot sell it unless in the Premier League. It's in their hands.

-We do not have any 'Big time Charlies' in our team.

-We do not have any 'shirkers' in our team.

-We do appear to have a really close knit team who do seem to be good mates with each other (twitter banter proves this!)

There you go. That's a hell of a lot of positives.

Maybe we could go through those and debate how many of those have come about because of luck and natural circumstances and how many of them have come about AT LEAST IN PART because of the manager and the ENTIRE team at the club, front and back office.

It's not as negative as it's painted to be.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mostyn repeats his post for the 151st time.

Cardiff are only top because they had a top 6 side complimented with £10m additions.

I think Clough could turn £10m (maybe even £6m) into a promotion winning side, but I'd be gutted to see Brayford go. Not sure how easy it is to replace a right back, but I'd guess it's slightly easier than replacing a CB, CM or CF.

I don't think DCFC would ever stoop to the nightmarish existence of Middlesbrough. The only reason they ever sold out in the first place is because they had household names at the club, like Juninhio, Emerson and Ravanelli.

Pot kettle black.

Even though you've only made two threads, the majority of your posts have consisted of the same subject. Now all you're doing is pulling teams from your hat since your crystal ball method was ousted, and using them as an example to attack Clough.

When I actually make a post regarding the subject, you ignore the post. You only reply to these types.

I ask you, what is the point of repeating yourself? You don't want to debate the subject, so why start it?

Your contribution to this thread has no direct replies to what I was discussing, and generally the comments you made to others were fair and I didn't need so say anything. I apologise if you think it's personal, cos it isnt.

Surely as the losses are funded by GSE as owners, they still count as creditors?

And the mortgage on the stadium is still there..

Yes but what I mean is, the first lot is a debt they are liable for, to themselves, so it's self-perpetuating. The mortgage is also structured so they bank cannot turn around and say "right, i want ALL of what you owe right now!"

Whilst I was aiming to talk about positive philosophy on this thread, I like this post Ramblur. It says a lot about how a manager can purposefully 'sabotage' something.

I have to be careful how I word this for obvious reasons, but in the week Nigel was appointed, I had a meeting with Mr Pearson who was at that time chairman of football here at Derby. I grilled him about a few things, and he made an interesting accusation or two about a certain manager. Basically a certain manager had heard that a previous high-profile board member had approached another manager (who ironically later became the manager) to sound him out about replacing the manager in question. The certain manager demanded that the recently appointed chief exec and the board member were removed from their posts immediately or would go for 'constructive dismissal' having got a new contract! The manager won and another board member took the reigns. Said manager then wanted more transfer funds and then wanted paying to leave, being declined on both fronts. Now the interesting allegation is that a certain manager forced through a certain purchase of a player who 'failed' a basic medical on the grounds of 'dodgy knees'. The further allegations were that there was deliberate purchase of players not up to the level required, and several attempts to get sacked.........

I can't actively disagree with this post,because I saw a respected former DET poster suggest something similar,but without an allegation of deliberate sabotage.I do know (from Hull's accounts) that AP left Hull a month earlier than originally planned (I think it was June 07,instead of July 07,but I'm not 100% sure).

I also remember BD and AP giving differing accounts about transfer communication over a forthcoming January window,and that most believed AP.I thought at the time (much as I disliked BD) that fans were forming an opinion on the basis of who they liked/disliked at the time (and at that point AP was very much the darling of the fans) rather than facts (of which none were available-one man's word against another).I always kept an open mind on that one.

I think the deliberate sabotage is pushing it a bit,though I was surprised that we spent reasonably heavily on 'one for the future' in Feilhaber,when we had more pressing needs.It appears to me to be more of a case that we bought badly,therefore......(construct a theory).

Did you know that Metgod just works on fitness with the injured-returning players? Since he got all the compliments and limelight in 2010 after the World Cup, when we had Bueno, Commons and Cywka flying, he's been demoted.

That is nonsense re: Metgod. Part of what he does is some one to one training on injured players but he is very much involved with the first team coaching sessions. He has not been demoted at all. It is very clear that you do not have the belief in all this stuff that you come out with, as a few times you have come out with ridiculous made up statements to try and back them up.

That is nonsense re: Metgod. Part of what he does is some one to one training on injured players but he is very much involved with the first team coaching sessions. He has not been demoted at all. It is very clear that you do not have the belief in all this stuff that you come out with, as a few times you have come out with ridiculous made up statements to try and back them up.

Mostyn made that up?

If he did make that up, just to fit his anti-clough agenda then that makes him a bit of a tool

On the upside we all know not to believe a word he says from now on.

Who said I made it up? How do you know he hasn't made up the bit about me making it up?! Do you think I'd purposely discredit myself by saying something ridiculous like that if I didn't believe it myself?

When was the last time anyone saw Metgod in the dugout?

Whilst I was aiming to talk about positive philosophy on this thread, I like this post Ramblur. It says a lot about how a manager can purposefully 'sabotage' something.

I have to be careful how I word this for obvious reasons, but in the week Nigel was appointed, I had a meeting with Mr Pearson who was at that time chairman of football here at Derby. I grilled him about a few things, and he made an interesting accusation or two about a certain manager. Basically a certain manager had heard that a previous high-profile board member had approached another manager (who ironically later became the manager) to sound him out about replacing the manager in question. The certain manager demanded that the recently appointed chief exec and the board member were removed from their posts immediately or would go for 'constructive dismissal' having got a new contract! The manager won and another board member took the reigns. Said manager then wanted more transfer funds and then wanted paying to leave, being declined on both fronts. Now the interesting allegation is that a certain manager forced through a certain purchase of a player who 'failed' a basic medical on the grounds of 'dodgy knees'. The further allegations were that there was deliberate purchase of players not up to the level required, and several attempts to get sacked.........

I guess your nose is getting l o n g e r

Sitting watching Swansea play yesterday, I found myself quite jealous of how they've came from way behind us to be so far ahead of us.

I asked the question "What would happen to Swansea if Nigel Clough became their manager!", I imagine a few Swansea fans (about 20000) would shudder at the thought of what Negative Nigel would do to their fluid, impressive and successful team!

Firstly, half of the Swansea side would be chucked on the bench for not being defensive enough, both Routledge and Dyer would be out, as would Michu for being too languid and not tracking back. Britton would be dragged off after 10 minutes for trying too many audacious passes, and Williams would be b*llocked for passing it short instead of hoofing it at ear height to the target man.

The problem we have at Derby is the coaching staff setup the side to be worried about the opponent and to try not to lose.

We don't need a new bunch of players, we need a new mentality.

Clueless.

Whilst I don't agree that the size of the coach should matter, Bruce is a manager not a coach.

I don't think Derby players suffer from lack of fitness or respect for the coaching staff. They might suffer from lack of inspiration, organisation and leadership though

This reminds me of a joke that used to do the rounds when Nigel's dad was in charge:-

"Hey...Brian Clough's gonna be the new England Coach!

Really?

Yeah, they're taking his teeth out and putting in seats!"

(I didn't think it was that funny back in 1972 either.)

Who said I made it up? How do you know he hasn't made up the bit about me making it up?! Do you think I'd purposely discredit myself by saying something ridiculous like that if I didn't believe it myself?

When was the last time anyone saw Metgod in the dugout?

Is that what you're basing your allegation on? Whether or not you can see him in the dug-out?

If it is then fair-do's but I'd have thought if you wanted to not be though of as a bit of an idiot then you'd base it on something plausible like "I have first-hand knowledge of the backroom setup and know for a fact that Metgod has been demoted and no longer has anything to do with the first team coaching"

Your contribution to this thread has no direct replies to what I was discussing, and generally the comments you made to others were fair and I didn't need so say anything. I apologise if you think it's personal, cos it isnt.

This thread is based on the majority of posts you've made over the past few days. Did you ever read that link I posted from thisisderbyshire? That covered most of your interests, maybe it was too positive for you?

clearly,

Shouldn't you be scouting some unheralded wonderkids via internet stream? Don't let us amateur pundits disturb you!

Mostyn, you're bang out of order here. You're having a go at blackandwhite for coming back with inuslts yet you've done it so often since you've arrived it's not true. It's a really poor comeback. Try to stick to the points without having sarcastic little nibbles.

Archived