the overhaul needed...is not of players!

Mostyn6

Metgod has been First Team Coach since May 2009.

I love how when we have a good period its down to Metgod's influence but if we lose a few he must have been demoted.

You really couldn't make stuff like this up..............

oh wait.............................

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no. I thought we were mates. 

I deleted it not necessarily cos I think I'm wrong, just because I got he  characters mixed up, I thought troy dyer was a thunderbird.

Puppet, muppett? It's all the same really.

Troy if you can come on here and post anything constructive at all we would get along famously. As it is 109 posts and all of them critical, it's just too much.

I deleted it not necessarily cos I think I'm wrong, just because I got he characters mixed up, I thought troy dyer was a thunderbird.

Puppet, muppett? It's all the same really.

Troy if you can come on here and post anything constructive at all we would get along famously. As it is 109 posts and all of them critical, it's just too much.

I'll try and be more positive, and normally I am. But I can't be a blind believer either.

Four years of treading water under clough have made me negative.

I'll try and be more positive, and normally I am. But I can't be a blind believer either.

Is there any point reminding you where we were 4 years ago and where we are now?!

Treading water is not a fair reflection. Whether Clough can take us to the next level remains to be seen but even the most ardent anti-Cloughers can't say we're looking over our shoulder any more, therefore progress to a certain extent.

I've never seen a positive comment from you, so saying that you "normally" are is a bit odd.

Here we go again, what's. have never understood is that the Americans treat the club as if it were a business, which it is, however no business is sustainable if you have debts of around £20 million and your annual loss has increased to 7.9 million pounds a year, I think the board should leave for 2 reasons, for the good of themselves so they don't keep pouring money they evidently don't have into a club that it still losing money and hasn't seen profit in many many years, secondly they should leave because there has been lack of investment in the team which is reflected in the fact our average squad age is about 23 and we have squad full of inexperienced youths. Board need to go, this club is a sinking ship that needs saving.

Here we go again, what's. have never understood is that the Americans treat the club as if it were a business, which it is, however no business is sustainable if you have debts of around £20 million and your annual loss has increased to 7.9 million pounds a year, I think the board should leave for 2 reasons, for the good of themselves so they don't keep pouring money they evidently don't have into a club that it still losing money and hasn't seen profit in many many years, secondly they should leave because there has been lack of investment in the team which is reflected in the fact our average squad age is about 23 and we have squad full of inexperienced youths. Board need to go, this club is a sinking ship that needs saving.

Just out of interest, how is the board leaving going to make us a more sustainable business? Who is going to turn us from loss making to profitable?

Why do you think having an average squad age of 23 is a bad thing? I think that is something for the club to be proud of.

Just out of interest, how is the board leaving going to make us a more sustainable business? Who is going to turn us from loss making to profitable?

Why do you think having an average squad age of 23 is a bad thing? I think that is something for the club to be proud of.

The point is youth is being sacrificed for points, are you saying you would rather have younger inexperienced players than a couple of wise heads? Because our squad has looked way out of its depth in recent games.

You get profit by investing and taking a few risks, not by cutting and reducing debt. The debt is going up not down anyway, so the board are increasing losses not profits.

The point is youth is being sacrificed for points, are you saying you would rather have younger inexperienced players than a couple of wise heads? Because our squad has looked way out of its depth in recent games.

You get profit by investing and taking a few risks, not by cutting and reducing debt. The debt is going up not down anyway, so the board are increasing losses not profits.

So would I rather see a young team grow and gel together rather than go out and try and buy instant success? Yes.

In which game has our squad looked way out of it's depth? The one where we drew with the league leaders? The one where we outplayed 4th place?

You get profit by investing and taking risks? Is this you Nick Leeson?! To my knowledge the owners are putting £7 or £8 million in to the club a year without it helping generate profits.

Archived