Keep calm and SUPPORT our team

Stedcfc

Fellow rams

I like you have watched us play in the championship for 10 of the last 11 seasons and spend the other being embarrassed in the premiership.

Like everybody else I'm frustrated we aren't where we should be and it's taking too bloody long but the team we have now is the closest to a team that could survive in the premiership we have ever had. To stay there we need to go up with a good young squad that needs a few quality players added and were getting there. I would say we have a squad worth about 20m when in the past we've barely had a player worth 1m.

Yes season ticket prices are going up for some but they are everywhere. This is how the game is.

Taking out your frustration at years of mediocrity at current staff (Clough, sammon etc) is useless. We're going in the right direction and although its painfully slow at least we are progressing.

We have an exciting young team a couple of players and some experience short of a serious promotion challenge so calm yourself down pour a cup of tea and get behind our team.

Renewing your season ticket would also help.... (Sam if your reading I'll take a job in marketing)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is saying if we don't improve the gates will be go down......

And?

What impact would that have

We aren't gonna get relegated, we aren't gonna get investment needed to ensure playoffs (quality cb, st and lb).

Let's say in 5 years time we are still in the championship and gates are 12,000 a week. So what?

I can't see what difference that will make, maybe an even lower wage bill because revenue will be less but the owners seem to be writing off any losses anyway.

Fellow rams

I like you have watched us play in the championship for 10 of the last 11 seasons and spend the other being embarrassed in the premiership.

Like everybody else I'm frustrated we aren't where we should be and it's taking too bloody long but the team we have now is the closest to a team that could survive in the premiership we have ever had. To stay there we need to go up with a good young squad that needs a few quality players added and were getting there. I would say we have a squad worth about 20m when in the past we've barely had a player worth 1m.

Yes season ticket prices are going up for some but they are everywhere. This is how the game is.

Taking out your frustration at years of mediocrity at current staff (Clough, sammon etc) is useless. We're going in the right direction and although its painfully slow at least we are progressing.

We have an exciting young team a couple of players and some experience short of a serious promotion challenge so calm yourself down pour a cup of tea and get behind our team.

Renewing your season ticket would also help.... (Sam if your reading I'll take a job in marketing)

Until the last line I thought you were Sam Rush! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I agree with you BTW 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

Derby fans... Support!

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />[size=4] I've read it all now, in another thread I think I saw pretty much every player get hammered, along with Clough and the board. So, the only obvious thing to do is get rid of absolutely everyone, and start 100% again. [/size]

That's the logical thing to do..

Everyone has said the same thing for about 3-4 years now.. I'm rapidly getting fed up and bored.

I want some new players.

IF, not, then it's time for them to go, otherwise, the gates will be down again.

Sorry?!? You want MORE new players? So,the number of about 60 different players that have played for Derby County under Nigel Clough in the past four seasons is not enough for you?

This isn't a personal attack on you, but people making excuses for this shambles of a club, amateur from top to bottom (aside from the academy), will cause the ultimate downfall. There is too much acceptance just because of a surname!

There must come a point where enough is enough and the manager and coaching staff have to take responsibility for the failure in the scattergun approach to recruitment. Had Clough signed 3 improvement players per season, then we'd have a quality side now.

OP said we have a team that is near to Premiership as we have had in past twelve years - he's having a laugh right. Ame team that couldn't beat 19th and 15th respectively. Same team with a MIllion pound striker who cannot score, two completely inexperienced full backs and a right winger who contributes nothing. All my opinion of course.

For what it's worth, that was the team I would have played last night and when Clough has the balls to let his full backs attack (I.e As Ben Davies did) we will do better.

This isn't a personal attack on you, but people making excuses for this shambles of a club, amateur from top to bottom (aside from the academy), will cause the ultimate downfall. There is too much acceptance just because of a surname!

The Academy is a vital part of the Club's future. At least it's nice to see that you recognise the quality we have there. I think Clough might be involved in it though so careful as you go. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Sorry?!? You want MORE new players? So,the number of about 60 different players that have played for Derby County under Nigel Clough in the past four seasons is not enough for you?

There must come a point where enough is enough and the manager and coaching staff have to take responsibility for the failure in the scattergun approach to recruitment. Had Clough signed 3 improvement players per season, then we'd have a quality side now.

I want better players, yes. More quality and experience to get us promoted, not players like Lee Croft or David Martin. Is that seriously much to ask for? I don't want no more young, 400k players, cause it isn't going to get us anywhere.

Everyone has difference of opinions of the owners, and I don't like them. Just seems most Derby fans now are happy at mid-table and happy about not getting proper quality in.

Look at Forest.. Billy Sharp. Why couldn't we go in for him? Because of the owners not willing to pay the money to bring quality in.

I'm happy with the players we've got now, and in my opinion we are 2-3 quality, experienced players away from getting in the play-offs at least, but I just can't see the owners giving Nigel the money to get them. I'm fed up and bored, I'm not exited about going to the matches or the season no more cause unless we do get some quality in, it'll be midtable season after season.

I'll still go though, cause I can't imagine not going, but just a little bit more ambition please.

Just chant Dale Cavese and tell the opposition how glad we are to be playing at home because there town is a sh*thole. Get so p*ssed you don't watch the game. Turn up late, leave early. Oh - and make sure you beat the queues for more ale to get you through the second half of chanting.

That's support, innit?

I want better players, yes. More quality and experience to get us promoted, not players like Lee Croft or David Martin. Is that seriously much to ask for? I don't want no more young, 400k players, cause it isn't going to get us anywhere.

Everyone has difference of opinions of the owners, and I don't like them. Just seems most Derby fans now are happy at mid-table and happy about not getting proper quality in.

Look at Forest.. Billy Sharp. Why couldn't we go in for him? Because of the owners not willing to pay the money to bring quality in.

I'm happy with the players we've got now, and in my opinion we are 2-3 quality, experienced players away from getting in the play-offs at least, but I just can't see the owners giving Nigel the money to get them. I'm fed up and bored, I'm not exited about going to the matches or the season no more cause unless we do get some quality in, it'll be midtable season after season.

I'll still go though, cause I can't imagine not going, but just a little bit more ambition please.

Billy Sharp was offered to Derby for less than we paid for Sammon, as were Jamie Mackie, Adam Le Fondre, Charlie Austin and Rickie Lambert (prior to the moves they made). All were deemed as not worth the asking price by Clough, who also at that point wouldn't match Wigan's bid for Sammon, only to pay more 18 months later.

The reason I know this, there was a fans forum last April where groups of fans were allowed to attend and ask questions, and the answers I got were "the manager didn't think the deal represented value for the club"!!

Billy Sharp was offered to Derby for less than we paid for Sammon, as were Jamie Mackie, Adam Le Fondre, Charlie Austin and Rickie Lambert (prior to the moves they made). All were deemed as not worth the asking price by Clough, who also at that point wouldn't match Wigan's bid for Sammon, only to pay more 18 months later.

The reason I know this, there was a fans forum last April where groups of fans were allowed to attend and ask questions, and the answers I got were "the manager didn't think the deal represented value for the club"!!

We used the money from Steve Davies on Sammon.. we didn't have that money then. I'm pretty sure Nigel Clough would have wanted Sharp, Le fondre etc, but he couldn't get them because of the money.

Now if he wants a player, he has to lose a player he doesn't want to. e.g - Shackell.

Makes me laugh when people say they worry or fear for our attendances, does anybody care that much?

Let people who don't want to be there crack on, the club is obviously not better off without them but that's their personal choice.

You can bet your bottom dollar that they will be back once we get a sniff of anything good. Derby County is no different to any other club nowadays, thousands of fair weather fans. It's just how football is.

Archived