Most intimidating grounds you have visited.

Badlands

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most grounds in the 70's.

In no particular order: Leeds, Stoke, West Ham and Man City were a tad dodgy back then (personal experience!) but you could be in trouble most places really.

Last 10 years, nowhere is a problem unless you want it to be......

I remember going on the RoadRider to a League Cup tie at Maine Road and the bus coming under a storm of stones and bottles as it tried to swerve the washing machine that had been placed in the middle of the road! What a lovely place Moss Side is!

The Victoria Ground must have been frightening at times Utch? [size=4]Only went to one Derby game there, think Van Der Laan scored. [/size][size=4]Been to Stoke v Millwall a few times and feared for my life...[/size][size=4] then they thought sod it and only tickets to the local schools![/size]

Most grounds in the 70's.

In no particular order: Leeds, Stoke, West Ham and Man City were a tad dodgy back then (personal experience!) but you could be in trouble most places really.

Last 10 years, nowhere is a problem unless you want it to be......

Agree with all of them in the 70s. Liverpool and Everton were grim too.

Got chased by about 100 Blackpool fans back to the station before that in the promotion season [last minute winner for us] - didn't think I could move so quickly 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> . Also, just missed being hit by a shower of acid [no doubt recently acquired from a school lab] at Newcastle when we beat them 1-0 and went to the top of the First Div - and I came up here to live???

More recently, the play off game at Millwall. Made me think twice about life. Had long enough to think about it too as they kept us in for ages.

The Victoria Ground must have been frightening at times Utch? [size=4]Only went to one Derby game there, think Van Der Laan scored. [/size][size=4]Been to Stoke v Millwall a few times and feared for my life...[/size][size=4] then they thought sod it and only tickets to the local schools![/size]

Haha.....the Victoria Ground was a walk in the park, well, cemetary actually.......the middle earth dwellers of the potteries used to hide in Stoke cemetary and jump you as you headed back to the station.....always a fun day!

70s grounds just about all of them... Probably Everton and Old Den Millwall the worse for me!!

The one that always gets missed out is Aldershot. Home of The Paras who do/did like to give ' big name hard case ' clubs that might have been drawn in the cup a ' very special' welcome!!!!

Paras v Millwall, West Ham etc.... Men v Boys.

Same with Plymouth and The Royal Marines!!

Grassmoor Working Mens Club, they took no prisoners and the female [well I think they were] supporters took great pride in their speciality which was tripping up opposition players who went too close to the touchline, they were dab hands with the handles of their umbrellas and so as not to appear as biased they delighted in doing the same to the linesmen and referee if he ventured too close to them.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Archived