Most intimidating grounds you have visited.

Badlands

I'm only 20 so have been going to away games when football is considered a family sport, however a few grounds still have a very old school atmosphere about them.

Luton

Barnsley

Birmingham

Stick out as the grounds where i have felt uneasy and had some incidents at in recent years.

What's yours ?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm only 20 so have been going to away games when football is considered a family sport, however a few grounds still have a very old school atmosphere about them.

Luton

Barnsley

Birmingham

Stick out as the grounds where i have felt uneasy and had some incidents at in recent years.

What's yours ?

Luton, really?

Don't often go away.

Went to st.andrews when I was 10 or 11 (the promotion year) I felt a bit uneasy because they were some rather drunk men behind me screaming and yelling.

St.James', bloomfield road, craven cottage, pirelli stadium, the reebok and the don valley couldn't compete with that.

Luton, really?

Yep. First away game with Derby, i was 14. Two incidents, the first was some abuse of a group of asian lads just outside the ground, the second was watching loads of police in full gear hitting anything that moved outside some pub on the way back to the station.

Been a couple of times since not with Derby, and it is a very rough area, always seems on edge.

For me only two stand out! Went to an Old Firm Match 3 years ago. Absolutely tribal and the most hatred I have ever witnessed by far. Makes us against forest look like a tea party.

Second would be west ham away, very naughty at times, but never felt intimidated when with Derby. Went with some Millwall mates in the cup about 4 or 5 years ago. Very scary

For me it is easy. Molineaux. Was there when they played Villa. Cops everywhere from the station to stadium, helicopters above it was like going to see a riot. And people genuinely seemed to hate each other. Must say I was a bit worried there.

For me it is easy. Molineaux. Was there when they played Villa. Cops everywhere from the station to stadium, helicopters above it was like going to see a riot. And people genuinely seemed to hate each other. Must say I was a bit worried there.

Always refused to go to Molineux as an Albion fan. Surprised that you felt that with Wolves v Villa though, they have a larger hate for WBA and Birmingham.

Always refused to go to Molineux as an Albion fan. Surprised that you felt that with Wolves v Villa though, they have a larger hate for WBA and Birmingham.

Well for me it was intense. We kept quiet most of the time with my friend since next to us was a big guy who was furious for the whole game. In Finland half of the football fans don't even bother to stand up for a goal. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />[size=4] [/size]

Upton Park when we eventually lost in the second replay of the old Coca Cola Cup Quarter Final, was in fear of my life as I walked from the ground to the tube station, and this was even after West Ham had won.

The only time i really got a beating, a big beating too that night, the whole day/night was evil...

Millwall in play off semis...

Archived