Pride Park Atmosphere / South Stand / ST prices 2013/2014

therams69

DavRam - Plucked out a little bit, little bit of logic. Comment on here was 600 disabled fans along with the 3000 who have been recategorised. Thats 3,600 from a season ticket base of about 17,000. An assumption made of another 1,400 seniors (Although some of these come from the the 3000) and thats way over 4500. So 25% is probably correct.

Sam Rush is the decision maker at Derby County - I am sure he could have said no to these price increases and rebandings. For me, 18 months is the correct time frame to judge him but if our average is down 2000 next season (I also think averages should be based on home fans support only) then that would show him to be a failure in this area.

Nick - I don't have the renewal costs to hand but wasn't the most expensive ticket towards the £600 mark (Post the renewal date - I have a figure of £590 in my head in Class AA - that is £25.65 a game).

Cheers

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to lighten the mood. Galatasaray have gone hi-tec with their support and wave their mobile phones at night games. I bet the sponsors TurkCell are thrilled!! :-)

[url=http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/galatasaray-fans-support-their-team-by-holding-up-their-mobile-phones-v-antalyaspor/]http://www.101greatg...-v-antalyaspor/

Drogba was enjoying it as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7MtNSLFFdA

Hi all

Guessing many are waiting for an update so here we go.

Its worth noting that since Sam Rush has been in his position I have had 1 positive meeting with him and also a couple of phone calls. Always seems to have the time of day so just putting that out there.

Many of you know I believe strongly and passionately in 3 things.

1. Improving the atmosphere at Pride Park.

2. Safe Standing

3. Cheaper ticket prices

I also want it to be known that Nigel Clough has been absolutely fantastic in anything that has been suggested and has brought to the table his own ideas. Had many sit down chats regarding the atmosphere at Pride Park and its something he strongly believes in. Also he has been a very big campaigner for the safe standing introduction, not just at Derby but in general. Even took time to feature in the safe standing movie which is helping the campaign so a BIG thank you to him. Many probably do not see that side to him but he is very passionate about all this atmosphere.

Okay now I have licked arse, all true though!

Many will probably know by now regarding the ST prices for season 13/14 and some price increases. I am not here to discuss the rise in disabled fans or OAPS etc, purely concerning the South Stand and anything related.

During the Tom Glick era I had asked and petitioned for the SE Corner to be the area for away fans to move to for season 2013/2014. Now of course Sam has taken over and unfortunately due to the change in hands this has not been carried out or agreed. Sam has assured me that it will be something that we will look into for the following year. There just simply is not enough time now to plan this big move for next season.

However, the club have decided to re open the South Stand as far as Upper Tiers Block D and E with all the equivalent lower tiers being open. However, there are certain restrictions in place for this such as the bigger clubs wishing to bring more than 2000 fans. In this instance the fans in these blocks will need to be relocated.to the SW Corner which will be free of charge I believe.

The away fans will still be located in the far side of the South Stand. This is because the club want them out of the way and not behind the goal, this is from a playing point of view as well. Nigel wishes for home fans to be behind both goals.

I am currently speaking to Sam about possibly using the SW Corner as an alternative for clubs that wish to bring more than 2000. Like the Sheff Wed game for example. I have been assured that no away team will bring silly numbers to Pride Park again like Sheff Wed for example again where they had 5500 fans I think. The priority will be Derby fans now.

So for next season we can be in the South Stand and be next to the away fans which should generate a great atmosphere.

I have just reserved a block of 500 seats in the South Stand Block D. I am hoping this block will be unaffected when away fans wish to being more than 2000. This should be only for 4 games or so if the case anyway. And if we do need to relocate then everyone collectively will move together to the SW Corner so will still be a great atmosphere. This is still pending so please listen out.

I am absolutely delighted that the club will only be charging £230 for an adult season ticket renewal and £280 for a new season ticket holder in these areas.

That is £10 a game !!!

So for all the fans that couldn't afford to go anymore and loved a bit of atmosphere head over to the South Stand. Fans in other areas of the ground that want to be part of the atmosphere move over.

The reason I have reserved a block of seats is because I understand some fans may move over simply just because of the price which I do understand. If you want to do that then of course that's up to you but we should only be aiming for supporters that wish to be vocal to be in this area if we wish Pride Park to be special again. (south stand block D)

I would encourage any fans in the SE Corner that are serious about improving the atmosphere to move to the South Stand Block D behind the goal. The SE Corner has been in serious decline over the years, time for a fresh approach now and actually pull that ball into the back of the net for Derby.

Although its not ideally what we had originally wished for I am happy to have just got the South Stand open for home fans. None of these empty seats, new fans and old fans will hopefully return to Pride Park.

Any fans wishing to be in the reserved South Stand Block D please just quote any of my below names.

Actually feeling really positive already about next season!!!

Nick

@dcfc_flagman

Hey Nick, appreciate everything you're doing man.

Just wondering, do you happen to know how many of your reserved seats are left? I'm considering buying a season ticket having never bought one before and would prefer to be in a more vocal area of the stadium.

Thanks.

Hey Scott

Not many if I am honest so get on it quick if your interested...

Thank you!

Oh ok thanks, I'll get on it soon as. How exactly do I book one of your reserved seats? Do I just go up and say your name or what? And how much would it be for a young adult?

Sorry for all the questions haha

• 1 month later...

I just renewed and moved from my £425 CAT B seat to the South Stand Cat E. I just couldn't justify NOT saving ~£200 on the price of my ST

Plus, I'm really looking forward to actually having some atmosphere around me!

In Block D upper there are 4 seats left now I'm told.

Get in!

Nice one GreenRam!

But remember you are the atmosphere.  ;)

Yes there are about 20 odd seats left of the original 300 reserved under my name. Majority of Block D and E gone as well.

Should be really good times ahead if we get behind the lads.

Can someone do me a favour please?

I've just been reading the bbc news website and there's an article called 'How do you give stadiums an atmosphere'.

It focuses on OT what they're doing to make the acoustics wirk better by using microphones. It's worth a read, so thought I'd share.

Obviously the fans have a job to do in making the noise but hopefully one day, perhaps PP could implement it and make the atmosohere a whole lot better.

So Nick, have a word with Sam.

(If someone can post it please, so we can all have a read, thanks).

to create an atmosphere, you need to make it a game again and not an event.

Shut the bar twenty mins before kick-off to encourage everyone up in to the stands.

Turn off the nonsense music which nobody really wants and allow the fans to start the banter. 

Simple.

I've had many discussions with stewards suggesting just that Mostyn.

One once told me to get used to it cos it wasn't changing.

Sadly, stewards have no influence on anything. I was a steward.

In a bar :)

Seriously though the comments about pricing working class fans back into the market together with standing I think are going to be used against the sage standing campaign in politics.

Yesterday fans in the cheap seats at Wembley were fighting. There was a 17 year old stabbed by QPR fans and a girl hit by a bottle thrown by Atsenal fans. Safe standing will reduce prices and bring back the working classes, bringing back the hooligan culture.

I don't agree with this argument but fear it will be made.

Nice one GreenRam!

But remember you are the atmosphere. ;)

Yes there are about 20 odd seats left of the original 300 reserved under my name. Majority of Block D and E gone as well.

Should be really good times ahead if we get behind the lads.

Nick, will your band of merry men, and females, be standing during the match like the SE corner does, and if you are, are you at the back section with nobody behind you?

Have you been advised to remain seated?

Boycie.

Archived