Pride Park Atmosphere / South Stand / ST prices 2013/2014

therams69

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally i don't think it will make a slight bit of difference. Derby fans don't sing and most fans won't be arsed with the hassle of moving seats.

It's a start though ain't it. Fair play to him for trying to do something about the library atmosphere! I'm not a particularly vocal fan myself but it's so much better going to a game where you've got that atmosphere.

Hope it works but I imagine people have got to really get behind it for it to gain the required momentum.

It's not enough though. The move I mean, not the effort from Nick.

The SE and the East stand are packed with singers. They're just too cosy to sing. They won't move because they're too cosy. And you need them.

And away fans still have the South Stand. Letting us use it when they haven't sold it out is very nice of them but I thought it was our ground?

I can see how it's much safer to carry on leaving gates open and walking away fans through Derby fans (either direction) than stuffing them in a corner with a car park right at their exits. Madness.

You should be concerned a little at the OAP and disabled ticket prices, Nick.

At the moment, the perception is that's where the money's come from to allow the club to subsidise the Category E tickets. It's a dreadful public relations faux pas and one that Sam Rush needs to correct asap.

Btw despite my complaint I'm grateful for your effort Nick. Top marks as usual.

The club saying there isn't enough time though? They'll only get May,June and July no matter what year they go for it? I assume its for the ST renewals that creates the problem then? But I don't see how Glick leaving and Rush coming in has made any difference? The petition was months ago. A year maybe? And either the club set the plan in motion or they didn't.?

I don't see your effort being matched Nick.

In fact, all I see at PP is a lot of effort to make it into some odd Sports Entertainment Show. It's awful and I don't know any die hard Derby fan who likes it.

Think I'm born in the wrong era. Football to me is for a factory worker to take his son to the local pub, sink a few, get in the ground on a cold afternoon and warm up by chanting in a tribe like way. Affordable. Loud, proud and passionate. Anyone can come along, but this is the game your getting.

If you want premium priced food items and halftime bingo and whatever else then fook off to Rugby or some posh game I don't know about.

Everything cashes in on football. It'll be used to advertise bloody top hats next. Just pi55 off with your American garbage and your family day out trash. It's a tribal thing. It's not supposed to be 'fun'. Every Tom, Dick and Harry coming from Kensington changing the game to suit them.

Arrrrrrgh! I feel better now.

"Let's hear you North Stand...."

Btw despite my complaint I'm grateful for your effort Nick. Top marks as usual.

The club saying there isn't enough time though? They'll only get May,June and July no matter what year they go for it? I assume its for the ST renewals that creates the problem then? But I don't see how Glick leaving and Rush coming in has made any difference? The petition was months ago. A year maybe? And either the club set the plan in motion or they didn't.?

I don't see your effort being matched Nick.

In fact, all I see at PP is a lot of effort to make it into some odd Sports Entertainment Show. It's awful and I don't know any die hard Derby fan who likes it.

Think I'm born in the wrong era. Football to me is for a factory worker to take his son to the local pub, sink a few, get in the ground on a cold afternoon and warm up by chanting in a tribe like way. Affordable. Loud, proud and passionate. Anyone can come along, but this is the game your getting.

If you want premium priced food items and halftime bingo and whatever else then fook off to Rugby or some posh game I don't know about.

Everything cashes in on football. It'll be used to advertise bloody top hats next. Just pi55 off with your American garbage and your family day out trash. It's a tribal thing. It's not supposed to be 'fun'. Every Tom, Dick and Harry coming from Kensington changing the game to suit them.

Arrrrrrgh! I feel better now.

"Let's hear you North Stand...."

Football has been and continues to move away from its roots, a good ol' day out for the average working class person. £60 to watch Arsenal is just ridiculous, and more and more people are being priced out of the clubs they love. It won't change until crowds stop turning out in large numbers, but with the Uniteds, Arsenals, Chelseas, especially, its just not going to happen, because the majority of their 'fans' can afford the extra quite frankly horrendous amounts.

I hope this south stand change will be used for singers, it's shown with away supporters all you need 2,000/3,000 singing, and the noise can be heard very well! Hopefully, people from the north stand won't move to the south stand just because its cheaper because in reality the view is pretty much the same, and they'll be saving a few £££, making Nick's and the clubs efforts completely pointless.

I hope this south stand change will be used for singers, it's shown with away supporters all you need 2,000/3,000 singing, and the noise can be heard very well! Hopefully, people from the north stand won't move to the south stand just because its cheaper because in reality the view is pretty much the same, and they'll be saving a few £££, making Nick's and the clubs efforts completely pointless.

I hope every single person who takes up the Category E ticket tomorrow is the older fan who would have otherwise been eligible for an age discount or the disabled fan who is able to walk a little.

Tbh its not really singing is it.....its more like shouting.

I tried to hush the fans around me so i could enjoy the sound of the choir in the Se corner but quite frankly i was disappointed by the limited vocal range, the lack of timbre, and tonality.

How freshing it would have been to hear those in the back rows attempt a higher descant in delicate counterpoise to the more gutteral bellowings of their fellow choristers.

You should be concerned a little at the OAP and disabled ticket prices, Nick.

At the moment, the perception is that's where the money's come from to allow the club to subsidise the Category E tickets. It's a dreadful public relations faux pas and one that Sam Rush needs to correct asap.

That's very unfair on Nick why should he be concerned? He is trying to do something to improve matchdays for fans and that is something that alot of fans are grateful for. For you to suggest that your price increase is anything to do with him is wrong.

The only person it should concern is you. As many have said, if there is a problem then there are many people you could go to and raise your issues.

Unfortunately with Derby County fans it appears they believe posting on forums is a better idea than contacting people that can do anything about their problem.

That's very unfair on Nick why should he be concerned? He is trying to do something to improve matchdays for fans and that is something that alot of fans are grateful for. For you to suggest that your price increase is anything to do with him is wrong.

The only person it should concern is you. As many have said, if there is a problem then there are many people you could go to and raise your issues.

Unfortunately with Derby County fans it appears they believe posting on forums is a better idea than contacting people that can do anything about their problem.

As I explained yesterday, my renewal pack hadn't arrived, therefore I would have only been acting on hearsay and second-hand information. I shall be contacting Derby County, hopefully later today.

It wasn't intended as a criticism of Nick at all who does a sterling job - it's just the perception that the young, singing fans are going to get a huge reduction in their admission price - and the disabled fans are going to see theirs double.

People will establish a connection, even if there isn't one. The criticism is of the club we both support. Well, I support anyway. All I've detected from you is posting entirely the opposite stance to what I've posted.

You have to admit, it does look like disabled and oap fans have been shafted in order for this to happen.

But I agree it's not Nicks fault, these are the clubs own decisions.

As I explained yesterday, my renewal pack hadn't arrived, therefore I would have only been acting on hearsay and second-hand information. I shall be contacting Derby County, hopefully later today.

It wasn't intended as a criticism of Nick at all who does a sterling job - it's just the perception that the young, singing fans are going to get a huge reduction in their admission price - and the disabled fans are going to see theirs double.

People will establish a connection, even if there isn't one. The criticism is of the club we both support. Well, I support anyway. All I've detected from you is posting entirely the opposite stance to what I've posted.

I apologise if I seem a bit harsh with my posts, no malice is intended.

My overall stance is:-

1 - I feel for people over the senior tickets who were probably expecting a reduction this year but I think it is logical to marry senior age with retirement age as surely this is when a reduction in income would occur

2 - I think the disabled tickets still represent a good discount on other ticket prices. I take on board your point about carers not wanting to be there but the few I have known have always seen it as a free ticket to watch their team

3 - The new South Stand seats should be looked upon positively as it shows the club are trying to do something to rectify what has become like a library on a Saturday afternoon

4 - We all want what is best for DCFC don't we? We have enjoyed many years without any notable price increases and the club even swallowed up the vat increase. Maybe now is the time for us to return the favour

Archived