Pride Park Atmosphere / South Stand / ST prices 2013/2014

therams69

Nick – maybe you can answer this?

The thing that makes me nervous is that the new Category E is obviously very cheap, and that is a good plan to drive up the number of people willing to relocate.

However, what Category will it be next season? It won't be new so I can't imagine for one second that it will be "on offer" – and given the vast reduction in its price this time, the club will easily be able to justify a massive hike in the 2014/15 season. What Category will it be next season?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure the cheap price route was the way to go if you want the singers in there, how many will move just for a cheap ticket?

I would of held singing auditions X Factor style at Pride Park, narrow it down to 1000 for the live final streamed on Rams Player where 500 winners are selected.

The seniors thing doesn't bother me any more. I was a 'bit miffed' and shocked, but may renew for myself alone, one day before the deadline. My wife doesn't want to go on a point of principle, because she is going to reach her official retirement age and Derby County will insist that she isn't a senior for 3 further years.

The disabled ticket price hike of more than doubling the price for an adult is disgraceful in my opinion. I can understand the club wanting everyone within the same age bracket to pay the same, but such an increase will see Derby lose most, if not all, of their adult disabled fans.

I have just thought of a way to get Derby County out of this stupid dilemma they find themselves.

A 'carer' is invariably an adult. They have to be because it is a position of responsibility. The prices below are Category 'C', early bird renewal.

Price of U-12 disabled fan's season ticket + (adult) carer = £60

Price of U-14 disabled fan's season ticket + (adult) carer = £85

Price of Adult disabled fan's season ticket + (adult) carer = £390

Last season's price of Adult disabled fan's season ticket + (adult) carer = £190

Next season's price of Adult Category 'E' season ticket = £230

RE-CLASSIFY THE DISABLED/WHEELCHAIR POSITIONS AT THE FRONT AS CATEGORY 'E'.

Simple.

I have just thought of a way to get Derby County out of this stupid dilemma they find themselves.

A 'carer' is invariably an adult. They have to be because it is a position of responsibility. The prices below are Category 'C', early bird renewal.

Price of U-12 disabled fan's season ticket + (adult) carer = £60

Price of U-14 disabled fan's season ticket + (adult) carer = £85

Price of Adult disabled fan's season ticket + (adult) carer = £390

Last season's price of Adult disabled fan's season ticket + (adult) carer = £190

Next season's price of Adult Category 'E' season ticket = £230

RE-CLASSIFY THE DISABLED/WHEELCHAIR POSITIONS AT THE FRONT AS CATEGORY 'E'.

Simple.

That's too easy. You can't simply come up with a solution like that.

Without a meeting?

Are you trying to put focus groups and committees out of work?

I think the only thing that will discourage people away from going to the south stand just for the cheaper tickets, is iff there is constant standing, and it's really loud! Either way it will make for a great atmosphere, and also it will mean those tight @rses are that wanting to save £50 at the sake of a decent atmosphere will sod off.

Devils advocate here. Much cheaper in South Stand for me as OAP than West Upper. I wont personally move to South but I easily could and can see it will be oversubscribed with people wanting to get cheaper prices and yes I do sing at away games. Roll on Sheff Wed Saturday. That said Nicks idea in principle is great but its a fudge as its only a few block in South Stand. PS Its not fair either that away fans will get the whole of the South if they are over 2k and are vocal it defeats the object about atmosphere.

One of the most startling things for me last Saturday was the lack of noise and atmosphere - and that's with a 3-0 win. OK, it wasn't very exciting for most of the time but there's little doubt that the crowd didn't inspire the team and vice versa [apart from the Roberts "chest moment" which brought about an instant response :) ]

Seems to me that there are too many young [ish] folks who don't know how to behave properly at Pride Park. What we need to do is park about 500 "mature" people who were at the Baseball Ground in the 70s behind one of the goals and they can then give the fledglings the necessary experience of mindless singing, chanting and general total partisan support irrespective of how things are going. It might not look pretty and some of us might need a seat from time to time - but we'd be good at it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

What's the sudden change of heart about Seniors Eddie after banging on about it incessantly. A bit contrary.

An emphasis on priorities.

I have consistently in this thread and others expressed the viewpoint that the most serious faux-pas as far as the club are concerned is their more than doubling of the price for disabled supporters (note: not 'the disabled' as many describe them - they are people the same as you and me).

You seem to have chosen to focus on what has always been the secondary issue, which to me was always just that - secondary - and obviously ignored the points about disabled fans. Internet point-scoring must be important to you.

Back on topic

One thought about the relocation to the South Stand.....

What happens if by some strange twisted set of circumstances we get promoted? Many Premier League sides will take up their full allocation.

. I'm not one for point scoring. I have read nearly all your posts on this issue and I thought you were concerned about you and your wife missing out on the OAP reduction until you are both 65 and now you say you are not although your wife won't go on principle which I sympathise with. Didn't realize this was a secondary issue to you personally.

Taking this off-list.

Sorry Eddie; I may have made a faux pax when referring to 'the disabled'. I can assure you I didn't mean any offence at all and will take your point on board. I can see it's an unfortunate turn of phrase.

My apologies.

Sorry Eddie; I may have made a faux pax when referring to 'the disabled'. I can assure you I didn't mean any offence at all and will take your point on board. I can see it's an unfortunate turn of phrase.

My apologies.

Don't worry about it. I used to do it all the time.

Back on topic

One thought about the relocation to the South Stand.....

What happens if by some strange twisted set of circumstances we get promoted? Many Premier League sides will take up their full allocation.

Pffffft, spat my coffee out then. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It would be a v cheap price for a Prem season ticket wouldn't it?

I might get a couple and then sell them on for a massive profit when we get promoted..........

Hahahahaha

Pffffft, spat my coffee out then. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It would be a v cheap price for a Prem season ticket wouldn't it?

I might get a couple and then sell them on for a massive profit when we get promoted..........

Hahahahaha

what a waste of time,

They wouldn't come back to watch us in the prem, because they said they wouldn't ever come back until the yanks were out and Clough gone.

So behave with your silly money making schemes.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't believe E Block was ever really sold to home fans anyway usually just empty so surely its generating more money for the club?

I don't really have an issue with the disabled price hike myself what happened to equality? If disabled people all want to be treated the same as everyone else don't moan when you are subject to paying the same price as everyone else plus technically its a ticket for 2 people not one. Which is still a bargain as the price is still cheaper per person than a Category E ticket

Derbydan - only generates more income if it creates additional season ticket sales from people who would not have purchased a season ticket. It loses the club money if it just sees fans moving.

If, and I guess this was the major reason, it was Nicks attempt to improve atmosphere, then it will probably help by about 10%.

If it was Nicks suggestion to improve attendances, then he is as deluded as Sam Rush. Any new season ticket holders it creates will be more than off-set by losing others.

Archived