season ticket prices

Geriatram

Working it out in pounds on pence, in changing the rules with respect to 'senior' supporters, the wife and I expected to be paying £250 each from next year onwards - instead we would be paying £390 each (assuming the price remained the same - which of course they won't) for at least the next 5 years. That's at least £1,400 more than I expected to be paying.

If the rules had always been that you were classified as a senior at 65, then I wouldn't have had any problem at all continuing to pay the going rate - but they have moved the goalposts. I don't like people who do that.

The missus totally agrees with me that this is now going to be our last year as season ticket holders. Instead of us paying out an extra £1,400, the club are now going to lose the original £2,500 they would have got by being greedy.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working it out in pounds on pence, in changing the rules with respect to 'senior' supporters, the wife and I expected to be paying £250 each from next year onwards - instead we would be paying £390 each (assuming the price remained the same - which of course they won't) for at least the next 5 years. That's at least £1,400 more than I expected to be paying.

If the rules had always been that you were classified as a senior at 65, then I wouldn't have had any problem at all continuing to pay the going rate - but they have moved the goalposts. I don't like people who do that.

The missus totally agrees with me that this is now going to be our last year as season ticket holders. Instead of us paying out an extra £1,400, the club are now going to lose the original £2,500 they would have got by being greedy.

What happens to someone who is 61 and got the cheaper ticket this season. Do they pay full price next season.

What happens to someone who is 61 and got the cheaper ticket this season. Do they pay full price next season.

No, they remain a 'senior' and continue to pay the current price.

I've just realised that they are going to lose two more season tickets. My sister is disabled, and the price for her and her husband's ticket has also gone up by £190.

I think its a minority that are being shafted. But i would feel the same as eddie if it affected me.

The really, REALLY annoying bit is the fact that women can be 2 or 3 years older than their official retirement age but DCFC don't even regard them as seniors. For example, my wife's official retirement age is 62 - but she would still have to pay the full price for 3 more years after retirement, which cannot be right.

I appreciate that I don't have a right to a cheaper ticket in comparison to other adults who are younger than me, but in moving the goalposts now after having the '60' rule since Pride Park opened, they have just upset a lot of people. Of course, if the '60' rule had continued in perpetuity, everyone eventually would have benefited. Now, it's a thing of the past.

I think in all likelihood that if I now give up my ticket on principle for the next five years, it's unlikely I'll ever have one again.

The really, REALLY annoying bit is the fact that women can be 2 or 3 years older than their official retirement age but DCFC don't even regard them as seniors. For example, my wife's official retirement age is 62 - but she would still have to pay the full price for 3 more years after retirement, which cannot be right.

I appreciate that I don't have a right to a cheaper ticket in comparison to other adults who are younger than me, but in moving the goalposts now after having the '60' rule since Pride Park opened, they have just upset a lot of people. Of course, if the '60' rule had continued in perpetuity, everyone eventually would have benefited. Now, it's a thing of the past.

I think in all likelihood that if I now give up my ticket on principle for the next five years, it's unlikely I'll ever have one again.

Shame if you stop going but I can understand your anger. I keep going cause i live in hope.

Sw corner will be busy with the price. Davs just told me we'd save £140 if we moved there from NE corner, our lad's 8 so he's still free.

Bit of a no brainer that.

Got to say it's all a bit confusing when in some areas it's cheaper, other parts it's dearer. Why lose fans by charging more - wouldn't it be better to keep a happy medium?

I don't get it.

Shame if you stop going but I can understand your anger. I keep going cause i live in hope.

I looked upon it as a reward for having been a regular fan, week in, week out for the last 47 years.

Working on the premise that we have around 15,000 season ticket holders, and assuming an even distribution of ages between 15 and 70 (that's a real stab in the dark there because we know that there are many younger, many older and it's by no means an even distribution but I have no 'real' numbers to go on), then I would estimate that it will affect around 500 season ticket holders this year tops. If they all feel like me, then DCFC will lose around £200,000 a year in an attempt to grab an extra £80,000. If 200 out of the 500 pack up on principle, Derby County will break even.

Edit:

Forgot to add:

If less than 200 pack up, then Derby make extra money.

You'll change your mind when we sign Huddlestone, Hooper and Clichy in the summer.

Archived