season ticket prices

Geriatram

Surely,if lack of ambition is their reason for not going,then price has little do to with it?

Is it not a case of some fans don't feel the price is worthy of the ambition the owners are showing?

That's the way I've been reading some comments (not just on here), it's almost like some feel ripped off because we haven't signed a Billy Sharp when neither have 22 other clubs in this league. Our ST prices are the going rate for a club in our position, if you support Derby County, have £300 and Saturdays spare then surely it's a no brainer?

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also when people say no wonder attendances are down with the lack of ambition, do you not think it could be down to job losses across the country over the last couple of years? even with a Billy Sharp signing you simply cannot afford £300 ST on benefits with a family to feed.

Oh but I've been talking to my mates down the pub and they ain't going because we didn't sign Le Fondre when we could blah blah, you cannot say that is the case for every other Derby fan that hasn't been going lately.

All this "lack of ambition" gets on my moobs, I hope that as come across in my posts. I'll be in the poo thread if anybody wants me.

Also when people say no wonder attendances are down with the lack of ambition, do you not think it could be down to job losses across the country over the last couple of years? even with a Billy Sharp signing you simply cannot afford £300 ST on benefits with a family to feed.

Oh but I've been talking to my mates down the pub and they ain't going because we didn't sign Le Fondre when we could blah blah, you cannot say that is the case for every other Derby fan that hasn't been going lately.

All this "lack of ambition" gets on my moobs, I hope that as come across in my posts. I'll be in the poo thread if anybody wants me.

Not wanting to go over old ground but we are around about down to the loyal hard core support now. The rest will only start to come back if we get promotion I know alot of people who went to wembly watched us go up. Told me we're getting a ST next year and they did. They don't have one now but are in a better financial position than me.

Not wanting to go over old ground but we are around about down to the loyal hard core support now. The rest will only start to come back if we get promotion I know alot of people who went to wembly watched us go up. Told me we're getting a ST next year and they did. They don't have one now but are in a better financial position than me.

We can only guess but claiming it's all to do with ambition really gets to me, true it will account for some but not everyone as some like to claim.

Job losses

Hours of work changed to cover job losses

Pay cut

Relocation

New family

Ill health/death

Lack of ambition

Nigel Clough's tactics

Championship football

Grew out of love with football

Don't forget away fans also add to attendances, some places have been hit harder than others and simply can't afford to travel.

The list goes on and it's impossible to find the majority reason without polling every Derby fan that's been to Pride Park. Again at the end of the season it will be worth looking at attendances across the leagues and see how many are up and down on last season with league positions.

Can't do it now as some clubs will have bigger home games to come, the stats are pointless until May.

I know just the person who can do us a lovely graph.

The Cat E's are south stand - they are cheap because if the away team wants more than 2,000 tickets STH sitting in the south stand will then be relocated to the SW corner. That actually seems fair enough to me - you're getting a discount, but know you'll have the inconvenience of having to shift. Transparent and fair imo.

has there been a new stadium map released? Cat E at the moment is SW upper cant see why change that - especially as the free move would be to same category seat.

We can only guess but claiming it's all to do with ambition really gets to me, true it will account for some but not everyone as some like to claim.

Job losses

Hours of work changed to cover job losses

Pay cut

Relocation

New family

Ill health/death

Lack of ambition

Nigel Clough's tactics

Championship football

Grew out of love with football

Don't forget away fans also add to attendances, some places have been hit harder than others and simply can't afford to travel.

The list goes on and it's impossible to find the majority reason without polling every Derby fan that's been to Pride Park. Again at the end of the season it will be worth looking at attendances across the leagues and see how many are up and down on last season with league positions.

Can't do it now as some clubs will have bigger home games to come, the stats are pointless until May.

I know just the person who can do us a lovely graph.

I bet at least 6000 would come out of the woodwork if we got promoted.

If that is the case I think they are well over priced and have done for years. I think they ought to reduce the prices by at least 50%.

'senior service' should be a lot less (sorry,eddie).

ST price is do-able for us. It's the away matches that are the stingers, really expensive days. We do a couple every season and that's it.

This season it's Blackpool I'm looking forward to, booked Travel Lodge last year when it was cheaper, and make a weekend out if it with the kids. That way suits us better.

ST price is do-able for us. It's the away matches that are the stingers, really expensive days. We do a couple every season and that's it.

This season it's Blackpool I'm looking forward to, booked Travel Lodge last year when it was cheaper, and make a weekend out if it with the kids. That way suits us better.

Me too with two kids it gets expensive away from home. I only go to a few. Going next week to sheffield cause it's nearly as close a PP for me.

Me too with two kids it gets expensive away from home. I only go to a few. Going next week to sheffield cause it's nearly as close a PP for me.

We're going next week too. Kill 2 birds with one stone and go and see family

I think we have had cheap tickets for a long time and this is a contributory factor to our loss making situation. Unfortunately I think they could not have chose a much worse time to try and hit people with price increases

These are 'stealth' increases, slid in alongside the 'carrot' of Category E tickets.

In my case it is purely that they have changed the rules without informing me.

For as long as I can remember, you qualified for a senior ticket when you turned 60. Now you don't. It doesn't just affect those like me who reach that age before next season - it will affect everyone whose 60th birthday is next year, the year after, 10, 20, 30 years in the future. When their turn comes, they will not get the reduction either for five years - or probably longer.

Perhaps I'm making a fuss over nothing in some people's eyes, but since Pride Park opened, everyone who reached 60 started to qualify as a senior from that point. In future, they don't. They have also put themselves in the ludicrous situation where a woman can reach her official pension age and in Derby County's eyes, they still won't qualify.

When I went into the ticket office the other week to pick up cup tickets, I was asked my age. I said '59' and the guy behind the desk said 'bad luck - but you'll get them cheaper next year'. It seems that two weeks ago, even their own staff didn't know about the change.

If the club had contacted me first, then perhaps I might feel differently. But they didn't.

Well, phuck 'em. I'll have more time for brewing.

In my case it is purely that they have changed the rules without informing me.

For as long as I can remember, you qualified for a senior ticket when you turned 60. Now you don't. It doesn't just affect those like me who reach that age before next season - it will affect everyone whose 60th birthday is next year, the year after, 10, 20, 30 years in the future. When their turn comes, they will not get the reduction either for five years - or probably longer.

Perhaps I'm making a fuss over nothing in some people's eyes, but since Pride Park opened, everyone who reached 60 started to qualify as a senior from that point. In future, they don't. They have also put themselves in the ludicrous situation where a woman can reach her official pension age and in Derby County's eyes, they still won't qualify.

When I went into the ticket office the other week to pick up cup tickets, I was asked my age. I said '59' and the guy behind the desk said 'bad luck - but you'll get them cheaper next year'. It seems that two weeks ago, even their own staff didn't know about the change.

If the club had contacted me first, then perhaps I might feel differently. But they didn't.

Well, phuck 'em. I'll have more time for brewing.

I bet by the time i qualify for a senior season ticket the age will be 80 and your grandmother can get in free.

I bet by the time i qualify for a senior season ticket the age will be 80 and your grandmother can get in free.

Only if accompanied by both of her parents though

Archived