season ticket prices

Geriatram

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet at least 6000 would come out of the woodwork if we got promoted.

Exactly. Times are tight and going to PP, especially if you have to pay for more than yourself, is far more expensive than watching telly or pottering about while you listen to the radio. Beyond the hard core, you need something to get people off their arses and come to PP. The ‘match day experience’ isn’t enough to do that in the UK. Success and the prospect of success will. The lack of ambition by our owners is fundamental.

The lack of an “ambition” thing seems to be leading to just the hard core attending PP. No matter what the cost of a season ticket.

If the lack of an “ambition” thing continues then it’ll soon be just the ‘hard core’ of the ‘hard core’.

The lack of an “ambition” thing seems to be leading to just the hard core attending PP. No matter what the cost of a season ticket.

If the lack of an “ambition” thing continues then it’ll soon be just the ‘hard core’ of the ‘hard core’.

I used to consider myself 'hard core', but money's tight.

I used to consider myself 'hard core', but money's tight.

If you're broke you can't afford it. When money's tight you have to make choices.

Other than a justified moan I think you'd be far less price sensitive about whether to buy a ST or not if there was a good chance of a promotion season or PL football.

If you're broke you can't afford it. When money's tight you have to make choices.

Other than a justified moan I think you'd be far less price sensitive about whether to buy a ST or not if there was a good chance of a promotion season or PL football.

I think ticket prices would rocket given the opertunity (getting into the PL) with this lot.

Breaks my heart, but after being a season ticket holder for 32 yrs, I'm pretty sure I won't be reniewing for next year. I'm currently a disabled season ticket holder on a wheelchair platform. I have no choice, but to sit in a designated disabled area, as I can not access any other area in the ground. If I was able to sit in any 'ordinary' seat anywhere in the ground, I would happily (subject to being able to afford it) pay the exact same price as a 'non disabled' season ticket holder., as I would be using the exact same facility/service as others. However, I can only sit in/on a disabled platform disabled, because I am physically unable to sit in an 'ordinary seat'. I even have to supply supporting medical/disabled/benefit entitlement evidence to be accepted as 'disabled entitled' to be allowed to access that specified seperate 'disabled facility'. No other non disabled season ticket holders can use the facility that I access, as the raised platform areas are not on sale to non disabled people. So the default critical eligibility criterion for me is 'disability' not age. DCFC do not dare charge different season ticket prices for the differing age price catagories because of an additional sub catagory of gender, race, sexuality difference etc, as it would be an act of clear 'discrimination' and unlawful. The Disability Discrimination Act which became Law on Oct 1st 2004, then amended when significant parts of this Act were replaced under The Equality Act in 2010. Basically in lay mans terms, a service or goods contract (in this case a DCFC Season Ticket) provided can not be charged at a different rate to individuals within that accepted group based on age or other specific sub differential. Sec29 The Equality Act 2010(amended 2012) is the specific part of the act that covers this. This is the exact piece of legislation that has had such a huge effect of Car insurance for young adults, where insurance companies used to charge huge different amounts for people of the exact same age, because they were either a boy or girl. ( it used to be about 1/3 cheaper to insure the exact same car for a girl than a boy, with the identical details other than gender. Now they have to be the same).

So basically, if a disabled person uses the exact same service of facility as an none disabled person, DCFC can charge the same amount to both people and they can also implement a 'concession' system based on age under this Act of children or OAP status. This is why DCFC have re aligned the OAP concession 65 years of age, because setting at 60 was actually unlawful, because in British law an adult is defined as 18+ - but for State retirement purposes that is currently set at 65 rising to 67 and beyond in the future. But if a disabled person can only use or buys a specific service that only other disabled people use (common link to group) and can not be used or purchased by non disabled people ( in this case of a disabled season ticket) a price differential based on age is unlawful.

A much easier example to understand is this. DCFC have for a long time provided specific disabled parking bays to the right of the main entrance, behind the West Stand. Disabled peope/drivers pay a 'fee' of £60 a season to be able to park in these bays on match days. Other clubs charge different amounts for their bays, if they have any, some are even free. DCFC charge £60, as is their choice to do so and disabled people have the option to buy on or not. The cost is £60 full stop. It would be unlawful to charge different disabled drivers different rates for ther same disabled parking bay service, based on age difference.

I do hope DCFC have a bottomless sum of money put aside for legal claims, because they are going to have their ass's sued.

Some people have been aware of this impending issue for some time. The media have been aware of it for a while, but obviously nothing could be done until DCFC released their intentions, but now they have. This issue had been raised with a DCFC officer in good faith, as no one really wants to see DCFC seen negatively, but they were basically quite contemptuious about the subject and to be honest very condesending.

I am quite happy to pay for a plaque that says ' I used to sit here', but I bet DCFC don't take up the offer to make a few quid.

You may be right, but the way things are going that won't be for a few seasons yet (promotion from league 1 following relegation notwithstanding, of course).

I've watched them from Tim Ward days, through the glory years, stuck with them through Division 3, then the Arthur Cox days, the Jim Smith era, missed the Amigos era owing to working abroad then returned to the UK at the time the LoG took over and been a season ticket holder since.

Never before has price been an issue. I'll see what happens, but if my sister is priced out of it (it looks as though the cost for disabled tickets has more than doubled), then I will be much more easily influenced by the bottom line than I ever would have been beforehand. Priorities change.

has there been a new stadium map released? Cat E at the moment is SW upper cant see why change that - especially as the free move would be to same category seat.

Yes, or at least it was 'up' yesterday. The new seating plan was under the 'take your seat' tab of the We Are Derby season ticket page. It's blank now, as is the price plan. I reckon someone messed up by letting those pages go live before Monday.

You may be right, but the way things are going that won't be for a few seasons yet (promotion from league 1 following relegation notwithstanding, of course).

I've watched them from Tim Ward days, through the glory years, stuck with them through Division 3, then the Arthur Cox days, the Jim Smith era, missed the Amigos era owing to working abroad then returned to the UK at the time the LoG took over and been a season ticket holder since.

Never before has price been an issue. I'll see what happens, but if my sister is priced out of it (it looks as though the cost for disabled tickets has more than doubled), then I will be much more easily influenced by the bottom line than I ever would have been beforehand. Priorities change.

You’re one of the hard core of the hard core of the hard core, eddie 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

But from what you say, and also the post just before yours from Soothsayer, it sounds like there might be major increases coming up for the disabled next season.

If the price of my season ticket was doubled next season then I wouldn’t buy one and I’d curse the club for their stupidity.

No increase in my season ticket, but still won't be renewing. I will support Derby and continue to go to as many away games as possible plus the biggies at home. Does this make me a bad supporter? I don't think so but hey. The whole PP experience is more woeful by the month and I am bored with the owners and some of Nigels tactics. Surprised to write that as I've seen improvements on the pitch this season but the club is going nowhere I am afraid. Looking forward to taking my kids to different grounds more often, as they are bored as well!

It sucks that disabled folk have to pay more. Whichever way I look at it, it's discrimination and unfair.

Yep.

Disabled people have far, far less disposable income than many others. I have spoken to my sister after today's match and she has confirmed:

a) her ticket price will go up more than 100%

b ) it won't because she is not going to renew.

In my case it is purely that they have changed the rules without informing me.

For as long as I can remember, you qualified for a senior ticket when you turned 60. Now you don't. It doesn't just affect those like me who reach that age before next season - it will affect everyone whose 60th birthday is next year, the year after, 10, 20, 30 years in the future. When their turn comes, they will not get the reduction either for five years - or probably longer.

Perhaps I'm making a fuss over nothing in some people's eyes, but since Pride Park opened, everyone who reached 60 started to qualify as a senior from that point. In future, they don't. They have also put themselves in the ludicrous situation where a woman can reach her official pension age and in Derby County's eyes, they still won't qualify.

When I went into the ticket office the other week to pick up cup tickets, I was asked my age. I said '59' and the guy behind the desk said 'bad luck - but you'll get them cheaper next year'. It seems that two weeks ago, even their own staff didn't know about the change.

If the club had contacted me first, then perhaps I might feel differently. But they didn't.

Well, phuck 'em. I'll have more time for brewing.

To be fair, no prices have been officially released yet and I doubt that the club have the time to contact everyone affected by any changes that may happen.

I am sure you, along with the rest of us, will receive a letter explaning any changes in due course.

I also feel that bringing 'senior' prices into line with retirement age is a logial thing to do...however I understand your disappointment if the age has always been 60.

As I said earlier the club needs to address falling revenues and somewhere along the line utlimately it is the fans that will have to get their hands in their pockets.

We can't moan about not having money for signings and then also moan when the club implement plans to try and address this problem.

Why should we have the chance to save £140 by moving when disabled fans and their carers have to pay more?

I just don't understand. What's the reasoning behind it?

Archived