season ticket prices

Geriatram

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The carers are vital, and not bound to be even football fans.

Could be paid staff from a supported living home.

But, I used to take a lad from a home where I did work for. It helped him to be able to go, as I had to drive his adapted car, and I got a free ticket.

Back then, 1999, I think he paid £90 for his ticket.

Regarding the pensioners, I think The owners business model doesn't see pensioners buying much in the concourses. They tend to bring flasks etc. maybe they see this as a reason to higher the limit?

The point for me is that it isn't fair one group is charged more when others can save by moving. Is it just me who thinks that isn't right?

Thanks for the info. I wasn't saying it is wrong to let certain people in cheap but just trying to understand who gets discounted tickets.

Ladyram, not sure on your point, who are you saying is saving money?

Also, are any prices actually official yet?

My group. We currently sit in the NE corner and paid £625 for our ST. If we move next season to the SS, we can save £140.

That's great, don't get me wrong, but it shouldn't have to be at another fans expense. It's wrong.

My group. We currently sit in the NE corner and paid £625 for our ST. If we move next season to the SS, we can save £170.

That's great, don't get me wrong, but it shouldn't have to be at another fans expense. It's wrong.

Well I'm guessing that it would include dropping down a category and therefore would be in what would be classed as a lower quality seat?

Well I'm guessing that it would include dropping down a category and therefore would be in what would be classed as a lower quality seat?

To be honest G Star ( and I've said it to Dav before), I'm not really fussed where we sit, we've changed places before. I think we'll be able to see the match no matter where we sit at the end of the day.

To be honest G Star ( and I've said it to Dav before), I'm not really fussed where we sit, we've changed places before. I think we'll be able to see the match no matter where we sit at the end of the day.

I've always thought that until I sat in the West Lower last week for the cup match...

WU isn't bad, but I'll agree with you there and say lower is..erm...well....

It's worth pointing out here that for people with serious mobility issues (like my sister who had a severe stroke and is confined to a motorised wheelchair), you are at pitch level, right at the front, either in the south west corner or at the front of the north stand. The other seats around there are the lowest category of all, other than the new category E seats.

All clubs, I believe, make concessions for disabled fans, and Derby County can be proud that they did more than most.

'Did' being the operative word. Past tense.

It's also worth pointing out that of all Western societies, The USA treats their deprived and disabled citizens the worst of all.

Coincidence?

It's worth pointing out here that for people with serious mobility issues (like my sister who had a severe stroke and is confined to a motorised wheelchair), you are at pitch level, right at the front, either in the south west corner or at the front of the north stand. The other seats around there are the lowest category of all, other than the new category E seats.

All clubs, I believe, make concessions for disabled fans, and Derby County can be proud that they did more than most.

'Did' being the operative word. Past tense.

It's also worth pointing out that of all Western societies, The USA treats their deprived and disabled citizens the worst of all.

Coincidence?

Maybe DCFC should look at each individual case in isolation.

I agree that as the seats are a pitch level they should be heavily discounted though.

Did you dyslexia is a disability?!

I agree that as the seats are a pitch level they should be heavily discounted though.

It's a learning disability, for sure, but is it one that 'deserves' a deduction? Probably not, but by trying to quantify disability, then we're getting onto difficult ground. Who defines the rules? After all, l'm extremely deaf and have an artificial hip, either of which condition in some eyes would make me 'disabled' (dependent upon circumstances). I do have a 'spacehopper' badge but I neither use nor need it any more and next month it expires anyway.

Good idea.

Each disabled person should be expected to pay for a full medical report and be prepared to present this formally at a board meeting along with a detailed breakdown of their financial situation.

The board can then separate out the deserving from the undeserving disabled.

Their carers should also be asked to pay to attend PP for a lie-detector test so the board can sift out any of those freeloading (so called) ‘carers’.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' />

It's a learning disability, for sure, but is it one that 'deserves' a deduction? Probably not, but by trying to quantify disability, then we're getting onto difficult ground. Who defines the rules? After all, l'm extremely deaf and have an artificial hip, either of which condition in some eyes would make me 'disabled' (dependent upon circumstances). I do have a 'spacehopper' badge but I neither use nor need it any more and next month it expires anyway.

As I said earlier I think letting deserving people in at discounted prices should be commended but where do you draw the line?

Good idea.

Each disabled person should be expected to pay for a full medical report and be prepared to present this formally at a board meeting along with a detailed breakdown of their financial situation.

The board can then separate out the deserving from the undeserving disabled.

Their carers should also be asked to pay to attend PP for a lie-detector test so the board can sift out any of those freeloading (so called) ‘carers’.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' />

So you think it would be fair for someone with dyslexia to have a discounted ticket?

As I said earlier I think letting deserving people in at discounted prices should be commended but where do you draw the line?

Bingo.

Who defines 'deserving'?

The line Derby County are now drawing is 'treat disabled people the same as everybody' - but disabled people are not the same as everybody. They are often the poorest and most frequently shafted members of society. Everybody else (myself included) has the option of moving to a cheaper area of the ground if they want to keep the costs down, but try getting an electric wheelchair up the stairs to the Category E seats.

Bingo.

Who defines 'deserving'?

The line Derby County are now drawing is 'treat disabled people the same as everybody' - but disabled people are not the same as everybody. They are often the poorest and most frequently shafted members of society. Everybody else (myself included) has the option of moving to a cheaper area of the ground if they want to keep the costs down, but try getting an electric wheelchair up the stairs to the Category E seats.

I'll probably be shot down in flames here but don't disabled people get benefits to cover things like rent, council tax etc?

I also believe that many disabled people like to treated just the same as anyone else?

Disabled people are not the only ones that suffer financial difficulty, I have to scrimp and save to be able to afford my season ticket too when perhaps my money would be better spent on my family!

Archived