The Big Sammon Thread

Rich3478

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back to the point about coutts gets away with being awful and Sammon doesn't.

Just listened to the pre Leeds interview with clough on rams player and he said that the dip in form would mean that the players would be dropped and rested he gave an example of how Rodgers did it with sterling at Liverpool.

But he said that he couldn't do that at derby and that was why he hasn't dropped players in bad form. He has no options other than Coutts and Sammon

He put age down as one of the main contributing factors why our players swing in form consistency.

I except cloughs argument there is no alternative to coutts out right but surely having two strikers on loan forces cloughs hand so to speak in the striking department?

I got to see sammon play for the first time live last night , he was shocking , didn't chase any balls, scuffed shots, he did though get a great assist for the second goal but I reckon the "encouraging" chants for the last 10 minutes didn't do anything except piss off, he doesn't seem interested at all

I got to see sammon play for the first time live last night , he was shocking , didn't chase any balls, scuffed shots, he did though get a great assist for the second goal but I reckon the "encouraging" chants for the last 10 minutes didn't do anything except piss off, he doesn't seem interested at all

Utter ******

did you nip down in the concorse for a during match pint with Leeds Ram?

He ran his socks off until he missed that chance, then he gave up due to the piss taking.

He doesn't score goals. If we were top 6, I could accept the hard work rate, but we are not top 6 and therefore he has to come up with more goals. Even jeff is only one goal behind him.

Most strikers would have 8 goals if they were played as often as him. I even think Bennett would have.

He doesn't score goals. If we were top 6, I could accept the hard work rate, but we are not top 6 and therefore he has to come up with more goals. Even jeff is only one goal behind him.

Most strikers would have 8 goals if they were played as often as him. I even think Bennett would have.

The first time Bennett misses a chance, the cocks will have their say - and that will be "Boooooooo"

It's sad and such a shame that we seem to have a vocal minority at Derby who always seem to want to moan and complain. We have the same vocal minority on here. No matter who pulls on the shirt they should be supported. We won 3-0 and yet the main topic of conversation is if Conor Sammon is good enough to play for Derby. The current/recent figures of hate for some seem to be:

1. Nigel Clough - on-going
  2. Conor Doyle - on-going
  3. Conor Sammon
  4. Paul Coutts

All seems a bit childish to me..............Oh well................... Up The Rams

It's sad and such a shame that we seem to have a vocal minority at Derby who always seem to want to moan and complain. We have the same vocal minority on here. No matter who pulls on the shirt they should be supported. We won 3-0 and yet the main topic of conversation is if Conor Sammon is good enough to play for Derby. The current/recent figures of hate for some seem to be:

1. Nigel Clough - on-going
  2. Conor Doyle - on-going
  3. Conor Sammon
  4. Paul Coutts

All seems a bit childish to me..............Oh well................... Up The Rams

Seems to be a kid thing. Older fans have a more balanced view.....seen it, done it, got the t-shirt point of view (hahah, not the forest going up Yeovil t-shirts!).; There's a group of "fans" who seem to really hate Clough and try to slag him off every time we don't win. Sad, sad people, but at the end of the day its their opinion and they are entitled to it no matter how strange it seems to a lot of us older lads.

Rob Hulse or Rasiak didn't.

They both brought "others into play" and played the target man role, much like Sammon is suppose to be doing.

Both have commanded better fee's then Sammon, wages too I imagine because they were better than Sammon ever has been or will be.

did you nip down in the concorse for a during match pint with Leeds Ram?

He ran his socks off until he missed that chance, then he gave up due to the piss taking.

Me or sammon?!

Rob Hulse or Rasiak didn't.

They both brought "others into play" and played the target man role, much like Sammon is suppose to be doing.

Rasiak initially played in a side competing for promotion. Hulse tho is a good comparison however in defence of Sammon he is not a targetman like the three you mentioned therefore he's never going to fulfill that role as effectively as those just like Steve Davies when Clough used him as one, Sammon is a workhorse whose work does bring others into play by harassing the opponents defence line (the Ward assist against Forest for example).

Yes but he scored.

Sammon was good and didnt! I know who I would rather have.

And I suppose Ward created his chance out of nothing?!

Granted, Ward scores goals but he is also a very wasteful player and his only available for 50% of games.

Not going to even consider comparing them ability wise but don't forget football is a team game.

And I suppose Ward created his chance out of nothing?!

Granted, Ward scores goals but he is also a very wasteful player and his only available for 50% of games.

Not going to even consider comparing them ability wise but don't forget football is a team game.

It is a team game but you need individual class. Van persie at united bale at Tottenham.

If Jamie ward was fit for 40 odd games next season he would be so influential. I just hope he can stay fit, it's not likely though.

Thought he was only as bad as most the team yesterday. Thought Martin was very poor too. The penalty took balls to take.cant single him out really. We played a lot of hoof ball and the passes that we did try to make in the final third we're very sloppy.

Different circumstances, Howard played in a promotion winning side.

We won promotion yes... but we scored less goals that season that we have this season yet Sammon still has only a fraction of goals Howard scored

Dont get to see to many live matches owing to my location,and the internet speed is so bad that Rams Player isn't an option,so was really looking forward to last night,but Sammon was so poor,looked like he couldn't be botherred,half of the game wasn't even watching the ball,do you drop him and allow a younger forward such as Bennett a game now we are safe or does the manager think we still have a slim chance of the playoffs and stick with Sammon.Good that we won though and so pleased that we were the team  that pushed old humpty dumpty warnock off his thrown.Hoping for a win against Ipswich on Saturday

Archived