Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

uttoxram75

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blah, mistake, blah, their quality, blah, the weather, blah, they have quality, blah, sorry our 17 year olds having a little bit of a bad time against the England international that they had in there, and the Danish international aswel, so sorry about that, a 17 year old he's just having a little dip at the moment with a 20 year old along side him. It's a shame really ...blah, wage bills, blah, perspective, blah, 17 years old, blah, the conditions, blah...bullshit bullshit bullshit.

"IT'S A SHAME". Well Nigel, if that's all it is to you then you can f*ck off, because it means a helluva lot more to me and the other 20,000 that turn up week in week out.

Er er er, Yeah the same 17 year old that should be given a rest Nige. As you say he's done really well, but he's 17 FFS.

If it was about age then you could have played a 20 year old Hendrick in CM with a 26 year old Bryson, if age is the problem stick 54 year old Metgod in the middle of the park.

NC didn't complain about these things when we drew 1-1 with them at home earlier in the season.

W Bret Wilson (investor) statement on being asked about possible incoming players in Jan "isn't that Nigel's call?"

Straight from the horses mouth.

Bret Wilson also said on twitter and I quote "watch Nigel and Sam show their cards"....re incoming transfers during this window?????.

Four hour round trip to watch that performance. Only Hendrick & Legzdins emerged with any credit, the rest very poor. Never been a Jamie Ward fan and he was particularly poor today. Would always start Jacobs ahead of him. Will Hughes needs to drop out for a couple of games and Bryson not his usual self. Be gutted if Blackburn draw MK Dons or Luton.

He was protecting his players, Will's 17 and Hendrick's younger than me, he's just defending them. He's quite right about Danny Murphy being able to run the midfield too, along with Morten Gamst Pederson if they're on their game. They're a good side on paper and in terms of personnel, they've been ***** for a while but with a half decent manager (and without the Venky's) they'd be far higher up the table.

I'd expect those players to run the game against our lot, they're significantly better players than ours, or atleast they are when they turn up. I'm not excusing the performance here, but he's protecting his players in that interview.

Was he sarky? Yes. More than likely because his side just put in a **** performance and he isn't in the mood to talk to the media, particularly when they're questioning a young midfield who played against better players who, for once, actually played to their abilities. It's not a new thing that Nigel doesn't like interviews after matches at times is it.

You can see with the Theo question at the end he's hacked off. In the mood he was in he more than likely saw that one as half injury enquiry, half stirring trouble. He wasn't in the mood for the interview and so came across alot worse than he would've wanted to. This is not a new revelation.

Bleugh. What a load of rubbish.

Crap formation. Shoe-horning in 3 centre-mids. Leaving subs till we're 3 goals down. Certain players clearly picked cos they're the managers flavour of the month rather than on merit.

It was Crystal Palace all over again - except at home and against a team that aren't exactly firing on all cylinders.

I don't get to games much but seen Sammon play three times now and he has been crud on every occasion.

Clough really ballsed up today. Not happy.

I think that interview just exhibits he has the exact same frustration that the fans feel and is powerless to do a great deal about it at the moment. Yes he can change the formation tactics etc but in terms of the squad he has clearly done everything that has been asked of him and is not in a position to compete for the players that other clubs are able to buy.

I feel for the guy, it must be horribly frustrating, what annoys me more so than anything is that earlier on in the week we can have such a positive happy thread about the international call ups and then we have a horribly poor performance in the cup and suddenly the most popular hobby on the forum seems to be wrist slashing.

I don't see what removing clough will do, it seems people agree we don't have a squad which is yet ready to gain promotion, we can't add to it. Why is sacking Clough the answer?

Again Clough picked the "best players" not the "best team". His substitutions was very questionable, brings on Jacobs, keeps it 4 5 1, three mins later brings on Davies and pushes Jacobs upfront, (who only played there a handful if times) what's the point?. My wife was me at the game, tbh she knows **** all about tactics in football but even she turned round to me and said "why at 3-0 down bring a centre half on for a centre half? Bring a forward on and go for it"

Clough needs to grow some balls and pick two from Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick, or even put Hughes out wide on the left. The fact he won't is having a impact on results now.

He does this every season, settles on a team/formation, results are good then he changes it and we hit a bad spell.

One question Mr Clough, 451 isn't working away so why try it and do it home?!?!

Radio Derby was asking fans, wouldn't you go 451 to compact the threat of Danny Murphy? No, the fact we lost 3-0 proves that it didn't work!

it might of been a case of clough protecting his players in the public and behind the scenes he told them exactly what he though, that being "you were ****"

Is that a sign of progress then, instead of publicly criticising his players such as Cwyka he now criticises them behind closed doors, has only taken Clough 4 years to learn that motivational technique. Maybe in another 4 years time he will have learned the basis of tactics, whooooaaa steady on now

Is that a sign of progress then, instead of publicly criticising his players such as Cwyka he now criticises them behind closed doors, has only taken Clough 4 years to learn that motivational technique. Maybe in another 4 years time he will have learned the basis of tactics, whooooaaa steady on now

Well it's better than no improvement at all isn't it?

Archived