Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

uttoxram75

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's better than no improvement at all isn't it?

Yes I agree, but hope it illustrates why there is the amount of Clough bashing on here. People can see that his rate of learning is so incremental that the likelihood short term of us getting anywhere near the playoffs is remote.

He still insists on playing 4-5-1 away from home when the points return clearly show that it does not work but he still persists. Am stuck between the opinions that he either read FourFourTwo magazine when he was on holiday and read that all successful teams plays 4-5-1 away from home so it must be good, he is too pig-headed to admit he is wrong and to change it or he doesn't know what he needs to change it too as he's a clueless tactician.

Sorry, but

Clough out, sarcastic sod in his RD interview, saying sorry for having to play a 17 year old along side a 20 year old.

I took that as a frustrated dig at the board for their lack of funds in this transfer window. I might be wrong though - I'm very deaf and sometimes miss things.

My paper gives Sammon 4 and everyone else 5 or 6. Bit harsh considering he had no support whatsoever! I'd have given Ward 4 at best.

Agree thats harsh - he had no service but also didn't create anything himself... should be given the same crap rating as everyone else...

Just listened to the interview, and i think it was more pissed off than arrogant, I think Clough looks at the Blackburn's team, and see's the likes of Danny Murphy, Pederson and Rhodes, one of which cost about twice as much as the whole of our starting 11 yesterday, so I can understand while he was feeling frustrated. Not condoning what he said, but maybe thats the kind of thing that will make him realise that he needs a bit of backing.

Can i ask the question why was the value of Blackburn's squad the reason we lost yesterday, when we drew at home to the same team?

These answers are not acceptable in my eyes:

"Danny Murphy played this time" Surely he cant singlehandedly be the difference between a 1-1 and a 3-0.

"They didnt have a manager last time" They have been playing worse recently that was Appletons first win.

I think the only reason is the formation (and therefore poor confidence through the negative formation) and picking Hughes and Bryson When Ben Davies and Jacobs were in great form.

Can i ask the question why was the value of Blackburn's squad the reason we lost yesterday, when we drew at home to the same team?

These answers are not acceptable in my eyes:

"Danny Murphy played this time" Surely he cant singlehandedly be the difference between a 1-1 and a 3-0.

"They didnt have a manager last time" They have been playing worse recently that was Appletons first win.

I think the only reason is the formation (and therefore poor confidence through the negative formation) and picking Hughes and Bryson When Ben Davies and Jacobs were in great form.

In my opinion, the main reason they were better was due to the defence. Danny Murphy did play well and created chances but the Dann and Hanley CB partnership was very strong and we got very few chances, whereas when we drew it was Dann and Givet who rarely play together and were a weak partnership. The strength at the back therefore allowed the midfielders to push on therefore creatiing more chances.

Wonder if warnock or brentfords manager moan about the cost of the teams they played today, or they accept that in most managers carriers they will pit their wits against teams that cost more to assemble than their own, just some are better at it than others.

4 years of cup football under Clough now, have we ever beat team that's been higher than us, if we manage to beat Huddersfield will he take the credit, or say the only reason we won is that we have spent more money.

In my opinion, the main reason they were better was due to the defence. Danny Murphy did play well and created chances but the Dann and Hanley CB partnership was very strong and we got very few chances, whereas when we drew it was Dann and Givet who rarely play together and were a weak partnership. The strength at the back therefore allowed the midfielders to push on therefore creatiing more chances.

this is true and a valid reason why we lost. Not oh they spent more money end of.

Wonder if warnock or brentfords manager moan about the cost of the teams they played today, or they accept that in most managers carriers they will pit their wits against teams that cost more to assemble than their own, just some are better at it than others.

4 years of cup football under Clough now, have we ever beat team that's been higher than us, if we manage to beat Huddersfield will he take the credit, or say the only reason we won is that we have spent more money.

Funny you should mention that. I don't recall Clough talking about budget comparisons when put 5 past league one Tramere.

I also don't remember Ronnie Moore moaning about money spent either, he took the defeat graciously instead of having a mard like our manager did yesterday.

Add to that Paul Dickov's Oldham Athletic.

I didn't see the game yesterday but from what i gathered it was a very below par performance. Really wish we'd stop relying on Hughes so badly, the poor lad's been overplayed to the point where its probably affecting the entire team, we need an experienced head alongside him or Hendrick, someone like Blackburn have in Danny Murphy who will rally the team and get stuck in. Bryson is a good player but does not fit this mould. I think Bailey was this sort of player (minus the years of experience) gets the ball and puts his foot on it as well as breaking up the play, seems senseless such a good player has been disregarded so badly by Clough who seems to have a knack of doing this. I do think that Clough is the right man for the job but just question his strategies from time to time. I don't think he has the backing the board claim he does, causing the squad to lack depth forcing him to overplay players such as Hughes and not allowing players such as Ward and Bryson to recover fully before being included again. Yes he has made some useful signings in Jacobs and Freeman who will no doubt be potential stars for Derby in a few years time, but thats not what we need right now!

At the end of the day we are no worse or better off than most teams in this division, and have no right to be a top 6 team more than anyone else. I find it funny how fickle some fans are though who as soon as we lose a game or two turn on the players, the board and the manager when a month ago they were telling everyone what a good job is being done at Derby on such a small budget. We're still in a rebuilding process which is starting to take shape nicely with the team we've got, just feel an experienced head here or there would help develop youngsters as well as enabling key players to miss a game or two to regain match fitness without affecting the teams performances. So stop whining about this game, what use is that going to do now?? Look forward to a winnable match next week at PP rather than complain how a team who last season were in the Premier League turned us over with their £8million striker and Premier League squad.

I didn't see the game yesterday but from what i gathered it was a very below par performance. Really wish we'd stop relying on Hughes so badly, the poor lad's been overplayed to the point where its probably affecting the entire team, we need an experienced head alongside him or Hendrick, someone like Blackburn have in Danny Murphy who will rally the team and get stuck in. Bryson is a good player but does not fit this mould. I think Bailey was this sort of player (minus the years of experience) gets the ball and puts his foot on it as well as breaking up the play, seems senseless such a good player has been disregarded so badly by Clough who seems to have a knack of doing this. I do think that Clough is the right man for the job but just question his strategies from time to time. I don't think he has the backing the board claim he does, causing the squad to lack depth forcing him to overplay players such as Hughes and not allowing players such as Ward and Bryson to recover fully before being included again. Yes he has made some useful signings in Jacobs and Freeman who will no doubt be potential stars for Derby in a few years time, but thats not what we need right now!

At the end of the day we are no worse or better off than most teams in this division, and have no right to be a top 6 team more than anyone else. I find it funny how fickle some fans are though who as soon as we lose a game or two turn on the players, the board and the manager when a month ago they were telling everyone what a good job is being done at Derby on such a small budget. We're still in a rebuilding process which is starting to take shape nicely with the team we've got, just feel an experienced head here or there would help develop youngsters as well as enabling key players to miss a game or two to regain match fitness without affecting the teams performances. So stop whining about this game, what use is that going to do now?? Look forward to a winnable match next week at PP rather than complain how a team who last season were in the Premier League turned us over with their £8million striker and Premier League squad.

It's not a premier league squad, its a championship squad. And one that is below us in the league. I understand why you back Clough so much if you just ignore the bad results/performances, but thats not how life works pal.

Archived