Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

uttoxram75

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back and very disappointed undoubtedly the worst home performance this season. It was just toothless. The midfield has been the strongest part of the team for the last 2 or 3 months but Clough seems to have messed this up by trying to fit in Hughes Hendricks and Bryson all into centre midfield at the same time. That plus Ward effectively playing as a left winger for 90% means (a) the midfield trio just make short passes going nowhere and trip over each others bootlaces ('http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> there is no one supporting Salmon.

It's so frustrating to see Brayford burst forward at pace almost beat his man and then predictably stop, check back and play a square 5 yard pass in front of the defence to Coutts or Hendrick and see the whole move fizzle out. However there is no real point him getting to the line and putting a cross if there is nobody to attack the ball!

If I were Jacobs or Ben Davies I would be pretty upset to be dropped from the starting line up. We look a far worse team without them

well to be honest we were well beaten, men against boys. experienced internationals against a team that did look like teenagers today. i was worried after 20 then 30 minutes without a shot. it wasnt a good game by either side., for all of our pretty football we didnt break them down or look a threat at all.

poor connor, he didnt get a look in and looked isolated. why oh why does this team look and play so differently to tht that played tranmere? i was there, 5-0 fantastic team and result and yet that team hasnt played together again. why???????

appleton has improved blackburn and i expect them to march up the league now, we will go nowhere.

lego saved us about 3 times. could have been 5. need a central defender. how good was theres? ob one looked lightweight and a startled rabbit at times. hughesy was poor as everyone has said. only brayford was half decent really. did make the goaly make a save in the first half, dont want to lose him. could do with a danny murphy or similar, and a cheap goalscorer.

thats it- season over, wont be spending me dosh there again, sorry boys. anyway its barely any consolation that forest lost, and we cant even blame sausagewell for the loss! he was quite good!

Disgraceful performance.

Hendrick did ok. Best player for us. There was no motivation or passion in one of our most important games this season. Now the seasons dead nothing to play for other than top half finish. Clough needs to realise 451 isn't working and should never be played at home. 0 shots is awful defence was shambolic nothing up front. No creativity in midfield. If we keep playing like this we could be dragged down towards the bottom 3!

And has anyone else noticed that when hendrick was crap hughes was good and when hughes was crap hendrick was good.

It was a dreadful performance, but we most definitely had some shots. I distinctly remember Connor Sammon worrying the corner flag in the first half.

Have to agree with OMW, to cap it all I was even denied the modest pleasure of singing "are you Atwell in disguise" as, to be fair, be he had a half decent game

I'm afraid to say, I too had no argument with the referee today.

We were rubbish. Not one of them can hold their head up tonight.

Crying out for the lift of a signing. Also crying out for the saviour to return. Bring back Tinks for Huddersfield.

Think we're in need of a reshuffle, before we bring this form into the league, and we start slipping down. Hughes' form has been poor for the last 4 weeks, and keeping him in there will do him more harm then good. I say give him a rest for a couple of weeks, like we did with Hendrick, and he'll be back to his best.

Also i think we need a set formation, lower league players dont have the intelligence to play free roles, you need to tell them where they're playing otherwise they become ineffective. Coutts looks tired, and could do with a rest aswell.

Next match i'd play something along these lines:

-------------------Legzdins--------------------

Brayford----Keogh---O'Brien----Freeman

Davies----Hendrick----Bryson----Jacobs

--------------Sammon-----Ward-------------

Would give a rest to our 'key' players, and still have a decent team. Freeman was dropped after Middlesborough after I thought he played well, no need to drop him when Roberts was back fit, he's not Maicon! Might not do any harm for a couple of games anyway.

What has O'Brien done to get in that side?

utter ****..... 5 1/2 hours of travel for that...

Can't think of a single positive to take from that game, it was by far the worst I have ever seen us play live but admittedly I don't get to go to many matches each season.....

The most frustrating part was that blackburn were crap in the first half - we were just worse...

Dragged my dad, brother (arsenal) and girlfriend (westham) along and I was genuinely embarassed....

Agree Hughes needs a break as he was useess today - he will be a great player and he has had a good season for us- he just isn't performing at the moment... Not really sure who to replace him with though..........

Archived