Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

uttoxram75

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we're in need of a reshuffle, before we bring this form into the league, and we start slipping down. Hughes' form has been poor for the last 4 weeks, and keeping him in there will do him more harm then good. I say give him a rest for a couple of weeks, like we did with Hendrick, and he'll be back to his best.

Also i think we need a set formation, lower league players dont have the intelligence to play free roles, you need to tell them where they're playing otherwise they become ineffective. Coutts looks tired, and could do with a rest aswell.

Next match i'd play something along these lines:

-------------------Legzdins--------------------

Brayford----Keogh---O'Brien----Freeman

Davies----Hendrick----Bryson----Jacobs

--------------Sammon-----Ward-------------

Would give a rest to our 'key' players, and still have a decent team. Freeman was dropped after Middlesborough after I thought he played well, no need to drop him when Roberts was back fit, he's not Maicon! Might not do any harm for a couple of games anyway.

I agree Random, when I saw that line up I thought we could be in trouble (but not this bad!). When Ward moves in with Sammon we have no left sided player and leave Roberts exposed. Clough's logic is that these are our best players but putting them out in this formation does us no favours whatsoever and it keeps us all coming back to the question that for all the good Clough has done why does he keep making the same errors in selection and formation...

Archived