We are County, Super County...

Oxram

Are we County  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In recent years I have noticed more and more commentators referring to us as 'County', This may just be me noticing it more not it being said more, but to me 'County' has always been Notts County.

I have never referred to Derby County as just 'County' and correct anyone who asks me about 'County'.

To me calling Derby 'County' is like calling Forest 'Notts Forest' and it not something derby fans seem to do but in the media we get called County all the time. Does dropping the Derby bit annoy anyone else?

(I wanted to do a Poll but i don't have that button. If someone could do one It'd be interesting to see the results)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer us to be called Derby County. In full. "Derby" I don't mind, "the Rams" I don't mind, "County" I don't connect with at all, but I can't find it offensive. Whatever.

In recent years I have noticed more and more commentators referring to us as 'County', This may just be me noticing it more not it being said more, but to me 'County' has always been Notts County.

I have never referred to Derby County as just 'County' and correct anyone who asks me about 'County'.

To me calling Derby 'County' is like calling Forest 'Notts Forest' and it not something derby fans seem to do but in the media we get called County all the time. Does dropping the Derby bit annoy anyone else?

(I wanted to do a Poll but i don't have that button. If someone could do one It'd be interesting to see the results)

Yes it flooks me right off. Not sure why it bothers me so much but every time I hear it it really grates.

Like needles said, If I ever overheard someone talking about "County", it wouldn't occur to me they were talking about Derby at all.

I've noticed it more and more recently, I reckon Manish is putting them up to it just to piss me off. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

This has been a bug bear off mine for years. Our correct name is of course Derby County, but we have never been known as just County. Even the club do not use this.

Do we sing 'We are Derby, Super County'? nope. Of course people can call us what ever the please. Just please journalists do your research!!!

And please mods you need to check your expletive checker as some words are getting through!!

This has been a bug bear off mine for years. Our correct name is of course Derby County, but we have never been known as just County. Even the club do not use this.

Do we sing 'We are Derby, Super County'? nope. Of course people can call us what ever the please. Just please journalists do your research!!!

And please mods you need to check your expletive checker as some words are getting through!!

I suggest you 'ignore' the 'Beat the filter' thread then.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

In the early '70s I used to hear (Burton) Albion fans refer to "Summer" County, a type of margerine, but apart from this I only ever heard "Derby" used on it's own, never County unless it was to disinguish between two Nottingham teams.

"County" on it's own has never meant Derby County and if anyone finds that too much to pronounce try.."The Rams!"

In other words...

[size=5] Baaaa Humbug! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> [/size]

Archived