Sam Rush

Derby born & bred

I was just wondering, When Sam Rush does start in January do you guys not think there might be a few problems between him and Clough???? I know he is well respected in the footballing world. but that does not mean he will automatically get on with Clough.

The reason I ask is Clough Jnr has been very used to Glick the past 4 yrs and now a new guy comes in that Clough and his backroom staff have to get used to and this could ruffle Cloughs feathers a bit before he gets used to the new guy.

Maybe wanting to sell Hughes or already has a buyer for him all lined up. certain players Clough has had watched, but Rush does not see the importants in bringing them in and so on....

All i realy want to know is do you guys think it will run smoothly when he arrives or do you think like me that there might be a little trouble over the horizon?

I would like to hear your views?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see there being any issues. Rush is being brought in to do what the owners askedGlick to do, ie assist Nigel in any way he can, especially transfer dealings, and helping expand the business and in turn boost profits. Until the owners decide to do things differently there won't be much butting of heads...

A lot of football managers have never left the game of football and are about as clever as your average proffessional footballer.

Clough has the ability to keep a proffesional relationship going, I'm sure. I don't really see him throwing his teddies out of the pram now when he's had the same job for 4 years.

A lot of petulant managers would see this as an opportunity to get more money put into the squad to boost the season and their CV so they can move on. If they don't get what they want, they go to the press. Clough wouldn't.

Long story short, our manager has too much pride in his proffesion to fall out with him, and if he does, then I doubt we'd even know.

...aren't we trying hard to find potential storm clouds on the horizon? Impressive stuff. I mean, you know, Clough has only been here for what... coming on 4 years now, and he's had a job of reducing the wage budget and getting the team playing on a very limited budget. Now, something tells me that he isn't going to have too many issues with the new guy, especially as I'm sure that he wasn't just plucked from the air without thought...

...nah, storm clouds a coming!

I'm sure that even though he only starts in jan his work is well under way. Probably had a notice period to serve at his old company.

I heard he was involved with the signing of the youngster Charles vernam so he's obviously already involved somewhat.

Sam Rush has attended every game since his appointment was announced. He has been present at most (if not all) corporate events and has been involved in some behind the scenes things. He needed to to serve out his notice before he could officially join, but he has been no stranger to Derby County for the last few months.

It will be interesting to see how Mr Rush will be getting along with the fans. Tom Glick didn't have the easiest time.

We're not that complicated. - win games regularly and everyone is happy. Lose too many games and all the underlying niggles come to the surface. Nice kits, cheap tickets, pretty stadia, good cheap food and inventive promotions all pale into insignificance when compared to results. Even performances are secondary. Ultimately we'd all take another 1-0 driven promotion season over the current engaging inconsitancy.

Since Glick has gone, no one's been telling us anything from the board. Fans seem to hate the board less than usual. Maybe one of the best things Rush could do is speak when spoken to, rather than the oligatory "hey guys, things are a lot better than they seem!" speech we got in the DET every week from Glick.

It may be a huge advantage that Rush is English, because if there's one negative thing I remember from Glick's time at Pride Park it's that he never really understood the people of Derby. You don't need to spoon-feed them positives all the time; even if things are going well, they'll beat down your every word with their unique East-Mids cynicsm. Just shut up and get on with the job and fewer people complain.

I don't understand why He starts in January..

Surely now would be a good time to come in, get used to the surroundings and look at possible targets Clough has written up?

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhahaaaaahahahahaahahaahaahahaahahahhahaahaa!

I was just wondering, When Sam Rush does start in January do you guys not think there might be a few problems between him and Clough???? I know he is well respected in the footballing world. but that does not mean he will automatically get on with Clough.

The reason I ask is Clough Jnr has been very used to Glick the past 4 yrs and now a new guy comes in that Clough and his backroom staff have to get used to and this could ruffle Cloughs feathers a bit before he gets used to the new guy.

Maybe wanting to sell Hughes or already has a buyer for him all lined up. certain players Clough has had watched, but Rush does not see the importants in bringing them in and so on....

All i realy want to know is do you guys think it will run smoothly when he arrives or do you think like me that there might be a little trouble over the horizon?

I would like to hear your views?

Sam Rush looks quite hard. (A bit like froggg actually).

Nige though is no puffta (ask Billy).....plus he's got a couple of big lads round him 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> .

My money's on Nige.

re arrange these words:

to haven't got piss a pot we in

We haven't got a piss to pot in? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

anyway, Sam Rush is a top dawg, sell Huggy for 20million and sign about 8 good established championship players... done! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> if only...

I've met him his head is screwed on tightly, down to earth person, supports Arsenal. Knows what he wants to do with the club an catagorises the league

Clubs who have money and can spend it

Clubs with foreign owners who spend lots of money

And honest clubs with a loyal fan base who spend reasonable amounts of money and that is where he puts derby, he prefers rugby though he played for Oxford, and has established links with agents of players as he owns and is one, although Glick was okay for the community I think Rush is what the club needs

Archived