Big Screen - Content

derbyram1994

Hi,

If I can remember right when the big screen was announced glick said it would help improve the fans experience and that it will show contentious decisions and how this would help improve the atmosphere.

However although I believe it improves the experience I have not seen one contentious decision shown, for example today their peno decision wasn't shown, Jacobs apparent dive wasn't show. Is there something from the FA stopping us doing this??

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

If I can remember right when the big screen was announced glick said it would help improve the fans experience and that it will show contentious decisions and how this would help improve the atmosphere.

However although I believe it improves the experience I have not seen one contentious decision shown, for example today their peno decision wasn't shown, Jacobs apparent dive wasn't show. Is there something from the FA stopping us doing this??

Until this is backed up with evidence, I have the right to call you a fool. FOOL.

Here's what Glick said about the screen to the DET:

[size=3]DERBY County are installing a giant video screen inside Pride Park Stadium in time for the start of the new season.[/size]

[size=3]The screen, which measures 77 square metres, will replace the old scoreboard in the north west corner of the ground.[/size]

• [size=3]​http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/images/localpeople/ugc-images/275778/Article/images/16446308/3908186[/size]
    How the new big screen at Pride Park will look.

[size=3]The move is aimed at enhancing supporters' match day experience, while bringing in extra revenue through sponsorship in the process.[/size]

[size=3]The screen will show a wide range of video content before, during and after games, such as live views of the action, replays, behind-the-scenes features and score updates from around the country.[/size]

[size=3]"We couldn't be more excited about this and we think the fans are going to love it," said Rams chief executive Tom Glick.[/size]

[size=3]"It will be one of the largest video boards in the country, replacing our 15-year-old scoreboard, which was pretty much falling apart.[/size]

[size=3]"We want to put on the best show in the country and this is one way which will enhance the match day experience.[/size]

[size=3]"We've spent a lot of time looking at what other sports clubs do, in this country and in America, and taken what we think are the best pieces of that.[/size]

[size=3]"This is something the fans have been interested in for a while and they will be given a chance to be involved and tell us what they think.[/size]

[size=3]"This is something the manager (Nigel Clough) is very keen on. He is interested in the match day experience as a whole and interacting with the supporters to create a better atmosphere inside Pride Park Stadium, which the team can benefit from."[/size]

[size=3]The DCTV studio, which currently produces content for Rams Player on the club's website and the concourse TV screens around the ground, will also undergo a digital upgrade as part of the venture.[/size]

[size=3]Along with the video screen, the club will also be introducing digital LED pitchside advertising boards.[/size]

[size=3]The project is expected to cost just under £1m.[/size]

[size=3]"This is also a commercial enterprise," said Glick. "As well as being about improving the overall experience at Pride Park Stadium, it is about making more money for the club.[/size]

[size=3]"It's not a choice between the two.[/size]

[size=3]"This will pay for itself within the first year and will continue to make money year on year, which will be used to fund the squad in future at a high level.[/size]

[size=3]"Under the new Financial Fair Play rules, those who generate the most are allowed to spend the most.[/size]

[size=3]"This will help us continue to move in an upward trajectory.[/size]

[size=3]"We are growing new ways which, in future, will enable us to have a better squad.[/size]

[size=3]"The way we see it, if we didn't do this, we'd end up with less money to spend."[/size]

[size=3]To help deliver these changes, the Rams have teamed up with Sports Revolution, described as the largest media rights owner in UK football stadia advertising.[/size]

[size=3]Robin Currie, managing director – stadia solutions at Sports Revolution, said: "Derby County will arguably be the most digitally connected stadium in the UK and have again pioneered technologies in the Championship."[/size]

[size=3]Glick added: "By combining Derby County's and Sport Revolution's skills and talents, we expect to deliver a thoroughly entertaining and memorable experience at Pride Park."[/size]

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Derby-County-video-stars-Pride-Park-s-big-screen/story-16446308-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisder...tail/story.html

And what he said and the manufacturers say on their site:

Derby County partner with Sports Revolution to enhance digital offering

[size=3]Exciting news was announced today that Sports Revolution is partnering with Derby County to further enhance the fans’ match day experience. We will be installing a brand new jumbo screen along with LED perimeter boards into Pride Park Stadium. Fans will be able to see exclusive content on the giant pitch-side screen including behind the scenes features and replays. Sports Revolution already manage Derby’s Concourse TV providing up-to-date information pre-match and half time.[/size]

[size=3]Full details here[/size]

[size=3]Derby County are set to take the big match experience at Pride Park Stadium to a new level next season after confirming plans to have a giant video screen installed over the summer.[/size]

[size=3]The 77M² screen will be installed during the summer months, replacing the existing scoreboard currently located in the North West Corner of Pride Park, after the Rams teamed up with Sports Revolution, who are the largest media rights owner in UK football stadia advertising.[/size]

[size=3]Sports Revolution manage sponsor activation, 3rd party advertising and experiential advertising for some of the leading brands in football, including Barclays, Heineken, ESPN and Sky.[/size]

[size=3]The installation of the big screen will allow Derby fans to enjoy an improved matchday media offering at Pride Park Stadium.[/size]

[size=3]The screen will provide a unique opportunity to showcase exclusive video content – such as live views of the action, replays, behind the scenes features and scores from around the npower Championship. The Club’s enhanced digital offering aims to improve the interactive experience for all supporters visiting Pride Park Stadium, while bolstering the opportunity for commercial partners to engage more closely with Rams fans before, during and after the game.[/size]

[size=3]The DCTV studio, which currently produces content for Rams Player on dcfc.co.uk and the concourse TV screens around Pride Park Stadium, will also undergo a digital upgrade as part of the operation to ensure that the best possible content is provided to Rams fans from the minute they arrive at the stadium.[/size]

[size=3]Alongside the upgrades, the Club will also be moving to digital LED pitchside perimeter boards from the start of the 2012-13 season, replacing the existing paper-based rotational advertising system.[/size]

[size=3]Derby County Chief Executive Tom Glick said: “We’re delighted to announce that we will see a big screen at Pride Park Stadium next season. Our supporters have been asking for this enhancement for a number of years, and we are pleased to deliver it for them this summer.[/size]

[size=3]“Our aim is to constantly improve the experience for our fans from the moment they arrive at Pride Park Stadium, and we will take a giant step forward this season in that respect.[/size]

[size=3]“The big screen will certainly help enhance the atmosphere on a matchday, which in turn can give us a stronger advantage at Pride Park and I know that is something manager Nigel Clough, who has also been involved in this process, supports.[/size]

[size=3]“Our staff have been hard at work over the last few months to prepare us to put on a great show come August. We have consulted a number of clubs in the Premier League and in multiple sports throughout North America to select the best mix of elements for Derby County.[/size]

[size=3]“We’re delighted to be linking up with Sports Revolution to make this happen as well. They are a blue chip outfit on the leading edge of fan engagement and integrating brands into the matchday experience. By combining Derby County’s and Sport Revolution’s skills and talents, we expect to deliver a thoroughly entertaining and memorable experience at Pride Park.”[/size]

[size=3]Robin Currie, Managing Director – Stadia Solutions, at Sports Revolution said: “Derby County will arguably be the most digitally connected stadium in the UK and have again pioneered technologies in the npower Championship. As the leading provider of multi-media fan engagement and media rights platforms to UK stadia; Sports Revolution are delighted to extend our existing relationship with Derby County.”[/size]

[size=3]Glick says the big screen and pitchside LED system will prove to be an important commercial asset for Derby as the Club strives to grow its income ahead of the introduction of Financial Fair Play in the Championship from the start of next season.[/size]

[size=3]He said: “Our corporate partners, as well as the Marketing Directors from new potential partners, share our excitement that the new technology is coming to Pride Park Stadium. They can see its ability to elevate their brands and deliver a more dynamic and powerful message to in excess of 26,000 people on a matchday and to a UK and worldwide television audience.[/size]

[size=3]“Financial Fair Play will impact in the Championship from next season. By taking these steps to offer more choice and value to our supporters and corporate partners, this can drive greater revenues for the Club which will enhance the options Nigel Clough will have when it comes to future investment in his squad.”[/size]

[size=3]Rams fans will have the chance to see the Club’s new digital offering ahead of the 2012-13 season, which is due to commence on 18th August 2012 at Pride Park Stadium against Sheffield Wednesday, with details to be confirmed in due course.[/size]

[url=http://www.sportsrevolution.co.uk/derby-county-partner-with-sports-revolution-to-enhance-digital-offering/]http://www.sportsrev...gital-offering/

OP, where's your evidence?

I just wish I could see the bloody thing. I sit in the North stand upper & can only see about a third of the screen.

When Glick mentioned enhancing the matchday experience, I can't remember him including a caveat that only about 80% of people would have a FULL view of the screen.

We need to put up another one in the southwest corner so that everybody can see it.

I just wish I could see the bloody thing. I sit in the North stand upper & can only see about a third of the screen.

When Glick mentioned enhancing the matchday experience, I can't remember him including a caveat that only about 80% of people would have a FULL view of the screen.

We need to put up another one in the southwest corner so that everybody can see it.

I couldn't agree more. I sit in the North Stand Upper as well and it grinds my gears that the away fans get a cracking view and we can see bugger all. Grrrrrr...

I couldn't agree more. I sit in the North Stand Upper as well and it grinds my gears that the away fans get a cracking view and we can see bugger all. Grrrrrr...

We can see the bottom strip where the score is, and players boots 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Booooooo. Clough out

We don't need the clock to show that because the officials just make their own rules up when it comes to added time anyway.

There's a lot of confusion about added time that fans don't get, like for instance the minimum amount of stoppage time, putting the time past 90 up there is just asking for trouble.

I thought Jacobs dived. Thought theirs was a penalty at the time but not convinced having seen the replay on FLS.

Anyway back on topic...what happened to the naked mud wrestling Tom Glick promised us at half time on the screen?

Jacob's didn't dive, but it wasn't a penalty - it happened right in front of me. He ran into the defender. That contact and his momentum knocked him off balance.

Live I didn't think that theirs was a penalty either but it was at the far end from me, but having now seen the replay I'd say it was a penalty.

I like the screen. I'm fairly sure that Glick mentioned that they would not be able to screen contentious decisions for safety reasons.

Jacobs did dive.

I don't think Keogh caught Hall(?) but it was bloody tight in there and the ref would of needed to be stood on top of it to see I think.

No complaints tbh.

I think both Hall and Jacobs made the most of the tackles but were either or both of them caught? I agree with another psoter, Jacobs was at least obstruction and no way should he have been booked.

The first game we didn't even get to see the score and time because they put it at the top.

I emailed the club and they moved it - thank me later.

Jacob's didn't dive, but it wasn't a penalty - it happened right in front of me. He ran into the defender. That contact and his momentum knocked him off balance.

Live I didn't think that theirs was a penalty either but it was at the far end from me, but having now seen the replay I'd say it was a penalty.

I'm sure they were at the same end?

Archived