Ticket prices

rammieib

Pricing in football is far too complicated imo.How about this thought?

The whole of Pride Park gives a good view and similar matchday experience. Why not just work our a flat rate for a ticket ANYWHERE in the stadium. Starting with season tickets they could be pitched at say £15.00 per seat any age anywhere in the stadium. Walk up tickets could then be say £20.00 per ticket anywhere in the staduim. The prices I propose may not be correct but there must be a very straight forward formula that can work.

If 20,000 season tickets were sold with 10,000 walk up including away fans based on the above, tickets would generate £5million for 23 home games.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think they should introduce a policy where you can buy the passes for 6games in the season, but you don't have to specify which games you want to go to until closer to the game. That way the club still get the cash and the supporters still get to secure savings.

The whole of Pride Park gives a good view and similar matchday experience. Why not just work our a flat rate for a ticket ANYWHERE in the stadium. Starting with season tickets they could be pitched at say £15.00 per seat any age anywhere in the stadium. Walk up tickets could then be say £20.00 per ticket anywhere in the staduim. The prices I propose may not be correct but there must be a very straight forward formula that can work.

If 20,000 season tickets were sold with 10,000 walk up including away fans based on the above, tickets would generate £5million for 23 home games.

Every word of this quote is perfect, this is the way to go!

Absolutely brilliant idea.

Unfortunately, marketing men would not be able to comprehend such simplicity.

Not quite true.

I sit in the east stand lower, between the 18 yard line and the halfway line towards the north stand, 3 rows back.

In the east stand upper, the view is considerably better. I haven't got an alternative suggestion, just putting that thought out there.

League games are such a grey area because there are loyal season ticket holders to take in to account. But I've always thought FA Cup games should be capped at a certain price, perhaps £12/13, or have the first 2 rounds as part of your season ticket at a (reasonably) inflated cost. If we don't have a home cup tie one season, then just offer free tickets to the ST holders who bought last season.

Have you ever thought of contacting the energy companies and giving them the benefit of your wisdom ? You could save a lot of people a lot of money with your well thought out ideas ? Nice one. http://knifewallpapers.com/smilies/thumbs_up_smiley

But some people will which is why they're more expensive. Surely you're aware there are areas at all football grounds that are more sought-after and are therefore more expensive?

Yes, perhaps I should've put the "I wouldn't" in bold as if it wasn't clearer enough I was posting my own opinion on ticket pricing.

Any seat priced at 32 quid, be it West Stand or wherever is IMO far too prohibitive for this kind of fixture. I suspect the gate may give credulence to that view as well.

Yes, perhaps I should've put the "I wouldn't" in bold as if it wasn't clearer enough I was posting my own opinion on ticket pricing.

No, you were posting your opinion that the club shouldn't offer different prices on seats because you wouldn't pay for them, which your entitled to do, but that is irrelevant to whether the club should set those prices or not.

That is dependant on the fanbase as a whole. Some people are like you but others will pay more for those seats which is why clubs (and any other seated performance like this) offer differentiated pricing.

I'm just pointing out your looking at it purely from your perspective rather than seeing the bigger picture.

@Swansea Ram - special offer for tuesdays game.

It's tuesday's game i'm coming up for.

No one mentioned a free pint when i bought my tickets. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Yep ticket prices are high on the day - but not really higher than last season so the on the day price won't have put people off more than last season

The difference is they are cheaper earlier so the club may have attracted people that way that wouldn't have bought if they were the same price all the time

I

I got a pair of cat b tickets in the East Stand about five weeks ago for the Brum game. They cost me £29 each. I've just checked and they are now £33 each. So yes, they were cheaper. They've gone from being very expensive to being extortionate. With the £3 extra for buying on a match day they would be £36 - at least the Digonex staff don't have to worry about crowds on a Saturday.

This ticketing system is wrong headed. To put up prices when there is low demand is commercially riduculous.

You kiddin me!? Wow, that's awful. I was expecting more than that with all the hype the club created about it. And what's worse is that it's Birmingham! We only got 27,000 against them when we were last in the Prem! What a joke.

Yep ticket prices are high on the day - but not really higher than last season so the on the day price won't have put people off more than last season

The difference is they are cheaper earlier so the club may have attracted people that way that wouldn't have bought if they were the same price all the time

Is that true? Is there any comparison data available?

I was in Cornwall last year and didn't manage to get to any games - normally I managed to get up for three or four, but last year 'stuff' and finances got in the way. The tickets are considerably dearer than two years ago though.

It seems backwards to me,surely ticket prices should come down the nearer the game gets not more expensive?

Nobody is going to walk up to PPS on matchday and pay £32 for a match thats on telly

£15 on matchday then surely youd get more people walking up on matchday to pay at the gate

I completely agree with Scarlet about the price being the same for every seat in the stadium. Season ticket holders are cheaper than the others. Benefit of better views goes to those who book earlier. Seems fair to me. I would have a different price for under 21/seniors.

If you could average 26'000 x 23 x 17 average. (Average of adults, children and season tickets) gives ten million per year, minus 20% for vat. The benefit of more fans on a match day gives additional income. Corporate income, commercial income and sponsorship, I could see how the club could generate the 17 or 18 million it needs to break even in one year.

I know this is simplistic but even though I can afford a season ticket price, i look at match days and I look at dwindling crowds and really wonder if it's worth it.

I completely agree with Scarlet about the price being the same for every seat in the stadium. Season ticket holders are cheaper than the others. Benefit of better views goes to those who book earlier. Seems fair to me. I would have a different price for under 21/seniors.

If you could average 26'000 x 23 x 17 average. (Average of adults, children and season tickets) gives ten million per year, minus 20% for vat. The benefit of more fans on a match day gives additional income. Corporate income, commercial income and sponsorship, I could see how the club could generate the 17 or 18 million it needs to break even in one year.

I know this is simplistic but even though I can afford a season ticket price, i look at match days and I look at dwindling crowds and really wonder if it's worth it.

Tad optimistic,I think.Total match receipts,ex vat, came in at £5.551m for 10/11,down from £6.319m the year before. Totally agree with the concessions though.Any seniors will likely have been supporting the club for years and deserve some recognition ; if youngsters aren't given an incentive,then we lose the support of the future.

Archived