Should Ward and Fielding start when fit?

davenportram

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ward will start all day long we miss his trickery franky although a good keeper I think shouldn't come straight back as Adams done a great job stepping up.

I disagree about Ward - if we weren't creating chances I would think differently.

Hughes and Coutts are providing good service, the midfield is balanced so no chance of dropping any if them

Sammon and Theo seem to be gelling and Theo is scoring. If Sammon is dropped we lose the big man up front running channels and keeping centre Halfs busy

Don't change a winning team.

I think that Leggy is a better keeper than Frankie - he's better in the air and dominates his area. It could just be a form thing and Fielding might come back even better, but at present Adam Legzdins is the best keeper in the league. He must stay.

To bring in Ward would mean dropping Hendrick (and moving Hughes inside), Hughes or Theo. The latter really don't deserve to be dropped, and I think Hendrick provides a bit of bite in the middle that we'll needn this winter. Ward will get his chance, but he needs to wait until one of the above provide a reason to leave them out.

Before today, Ward was so important.

Not having him is the reason we have stuggled to score goals, creates chanes, and generally why we have struggled to win.

He's the most effective wide man we have, when he's out there.

He's the best player in the hole between midfield and Sammon.

Infact I'd even go as far as to say before today, The sammon / theo partnership was not a partnership at all.

Before today, Ward was so important.

Not having him is the reason we have stuggled to score goals, creates chanes, and generally why we have struggled to win.

He's the most effective wide man we have, when he's out there.

He's the best player in the hole between midfield and Sammon.

Infact I'd even go as far as to say before today, The sammon / theo partnership was not a partnership at all.

I agree with this. Before today, Sammon and Robinson hadn't really clicked or developed any kind of understanding of how to play alongside each other. Hopefully today was the start of something promising.

As it stands, I don't think either Fielding or Ward should walk straight back into the side.

Definitely not Fielding. Legdzins has made one glaring mistake in five games otherwise he's been very assured.

Ward is more likely because Hughes can't play every game at this stage of his development. It was no surprise to me, Hughes seemed to have an extra spring in his step after a full week of rest.

Its tough. Frankie shouldn't but with ward its tough...

Put Ward back up top and drop Theo (not deserved)

Put him on the wing and drop Hughes, then do you put Hughes in the middle and drop Hendrick and Bryson (who we're great yesterday).

I'd put Ward in but not Frank

Lovely problem to have. Ward on the bench would be the best start for me and then we'll see. Every game is different in this league and calls for a number of options. For the first time for a long time, we have one or two.

Clough in [at least until the result of next game] 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Archived