This Chelsea/Clattenburg Malarky

Pearl Ram

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it safe to wear black?

Or give dark looks?

Is it ok to call a monkey a monkey or will nearby African/Jamaican people sue you?

ffs.

Mikel should be getting a nice big ban? No, no. He can only be a victim.

Bandwagon. Typical nonsense in a joke of a nation hell bent on being accommodating.

Yes it's quite safe to use all of those terms. It's not acceptable to call a black person a monkey. I have absolutely no idea whether he did or not and neither does anybody else on this forum so why don't you let the FA investigate and try to find out the facts.

Finger on the pulse again Utch, you had a very wise dad.

George best, for all his genius, was not above spitting at the referee and used to enjoy himself in his many match bans.

Despite his brilliance this side of his character now seems to be emulated all too often.

The press used to enjoy his antics and glorify them so they made things much worse.

Gangsta worship syndrome I guess!

Unless we have some people keeping their anonymity, I think it's unlikely we have anyone on this site who knows what it feels like to be idolised by 40,000+ fans. We all assume we would keep our feet on the ground despite being able to eat, drink, shag whatever and whoever we wanted. But that just excuses arrogance and a lack of humility. Racism is another matter. We just have to be careful that each case is treated on its merits and that no-one is labelled until proven guilty. We also have to ensure that black and white players AND referees are all treated with respect - that will be harder.

Black footballers have a habit of rubbing me up the wrong way when on about racism - as someone else pointed out, they make out they have been through slavery when in actual fact pretty much all of them have been brought up in a time when racism hasn't effected any ones living rights.

I was about to say it's becoming a joke, but it's gone far past that...

to add, if racism was still a problem how come they're allowed to earn £££.££ when the white man could just lock them up and make them do it for free? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Black footballers have a habit of rubbing me up the wrong way when on about racism - as someone else pointed out, they make out they have been through slavery when in actual fact pretty much all of them have been brought up in a time when racism hasn't effected any ones living rights.

I was about to say it's becoming a joke, but it's gone far past that...

to add, if racism was still a problem how come they're allowed to earn £££.££ when the white man could just lock them up and make them do it for free? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

.............. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

.............. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

don't get so angry, my point is that they make a massive issue of what basically is nothing - a couple of ill-thought out comments and the masses make out they're dusting off the shackells for another spout of slavery.

These are from people who have never, ever, EVER experienced hardship in their life - wonder what the actual slaves that worked until their fingers bled and had no right to say anything and were beaten day in day out would make of these multi-million pound footballers crying blue murder over a comment!

Yes it's quite safe to use all of those terms. It's not acceptable to call a black person a monkey. I have absolutely no idea whether he did or not and neither does anybody else on this forum so why don't you let the FA investigate and try to find out the facts.

Is it ok to sing the nursery rhyme 'Baa, Baa black sheep'?

No, it's not btw. Why?

Unless we have some people keeping their anonymity, I think it's unlikely we have anyone on this site who knows what it feels like to be idolised by 40,000+ fans. We all assume we would keep our feet on the ground despite being able to eat, drink, shag whatever and whoever we wanted. But that just excuses arrogance and a lack of humility. Racism is another matter. We just have to be careful that each case is treated on its merits and that no-one is labelled until proven guilty. We also have to ensure that black and white players AND referees are all treated with respect - that will be harder.

Well, not quite 40,000 I admit! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Is it ok to sing the nursery rhyme 'Baa, Baa black sheep'?

No, it's not btw. Why?

It is ok actually. It's still on the list of nursery rhymes used in schools throughout the country. The only time there was an attempt to ban it was by a council (Birmingham?) but there was such a storm of protest (led by black parents) that the ban was withdrawn.

Why the feck has Micheal Johnson (who was an awesome guy here) start pulling out the black card when talking about referees, coaches, physios etc..

What the feck is he on about when he says there isn't enough.. Perhaps because there literally isn't that many Micheal, nothing to do with the colour of your skin..

The one thing I want to know is this.. Why aren't there any Angolian ladyboys managing in the PL.. I think it's an outcry and we should just hire one for the sake of it regardless of whether he/she is any good at the job..

.. Now back to the fan making the monkey gestures!! As per Mr Alpha Signia who brushed aside my comment with such aplomb

Hopefully Chelsea will find him after putting out a request to fans to shop him. Then he can have his carpet back

The mata charge. Has been dropped by chelsea, not enough evidence, all the other officials who were wearin microphones said they heard nothing, nothing on camera, saf has said he has not heard a ref swear for 15 years never mind this, I think chelsea are going to look very silly unless something substantial appears soon and if it is shown they were throwing out accusations based on spite and sour grapes then I personally cannot think of a harsh enough penalty given what has happened in the last year.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8218663/Alex-Ferguson-does-not-believe-Mark-Clattenburg-would-make-racist-comments

But Ferguson said: "I don't believe Mark Clattenburg would make any comments like that. I refuse to believe it.

I think it's unthinkable in the modern climate. I just don't believe it. It's as simple as that. There's no way a referee would do that or stoop to that, I'm convinced about that."

Good guy this Ferguson. Stands by his valuable mates.

.. Now back to the fan making the monkey gestures!! As per Mr Alpha Signia who brushed aside my comment with such aplomb

Hopefully Chelsea will find him after putting out a request to fans to shop him. Then he can have his carpet back

I did what?

As per?

Archived