This Chelsea/Clattenburg Malarky

Pearl Ram

What's your take on it ?

Personally, I can't believe the front of a club that employs John "Mr Chelsea" Terry having the temerity to complain about inapropriate language.

The FA should nick them for making a frivolous complaint and dock points off them, being as fining them would be ineffective, Roman would just pay it out of the petty cash tin.

Horrible club, hope Clattenburg get's cleared. http://th188.photobucket.com/albums/z243/fikrikhairat/icon/th_smoking-smiley-5445_0-1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am dissapointed Chelsea didnt draw . Its like the truth comes out each time. There is always a Referee's bias towards Man Utd in PL. Fergie is no saint eather, went beserk in the sidelines while matteo was calm. The third goal shouldnt have stood & Torres shouldnt have been booked.

Absolute shocker to have a referee like him in a high voltage game. Heard its his first time in a chelsea - Man utd and am sure will be his last.

Am dissapointed Chelsea didnt draw . Its like the truth comes out each time. There is always a Referee's bias towards Man Utd in PL. Fergie is no saint eather, went beserk in the sidelines while matteo was calm. The third goal shouldnt have stood & Torres shouldnt have been booked.

Absolute shocker to have a referee like him in a high voltage game. Heard its his first time in a chelsea - Man utd and am sure will be his last.

Who or what is a 'referee like him'?

Read a article by Henry Winter on the Telegraph this morning, he's supposed to of called Mikel a Monkey, I can't see it personally but you never know. If found not guilty Chelsea are going to look very very silly.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9641890/Mark-Clattenburg-and-Chelsea-row-following-controversial-encounter-is-messy-and-must-not-be-allowed-to-drag-on.html

Torres should of been sent off for his kick on Cleverley, didn't see him rolling around the floor like Torres after very minor contact on his sock which left him clutching his knee.

Was a dive, deserved the yellow as did Valencia later in the game. He might think next time before throwing himself across the pitch trying to con the ref.

He was miked up so if he did it'll come out, but in light of the furore surrounding the under 21's in Serbia I'd be amazed if he used such a terminology.

You know, I reckon those of us in or around our 50's have seen the best of football in this country, there seems to be a lack of class and dignity about the game these days.

He was miked up so if he did it'll come out, but in light of the furore surrounding the under 21's in Serbia I'd be amazed if he used such a terminology.

You know, I reckon those of us in or around our 50's have seen the best of football in this country, there seems to be a lack of class and dignity about the game these days.

There was not much dignity about Dirty Leeds bitd!

Bribery and cheating were their good points...

Read a article by Henry Winter on the Telegraph this morning, he's supposed to of called Mikel a Monkey, I can't see it personally but you never know. If found not guilty Chelsea are going to look very very silly.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9641890/Mark-Clattenburg-and-Chelsea-row-following-controversial-encounter-is-messy-and-must-not-be-allowed-to-drag-on.html

Could be that chelsea have been waiting to pull a trick like this, to try to embarrass the f a over an alleged racist issue in order to seek some retribution for the john terry saga.

Personally i think that the kick it out campaign etc uses sport as a vehicle for a political agenda which ends up causing all sorts of problems.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about who did and who didn't shake hands or wear the t shirt. And i despair when i hear alan green blathering on for an hour about how england should withdraw from tournaments in protest at alleged racism in serbia.

Do we want to play or do we want to posture?

Its supposed to be football not question time.

Best way to beat it is to score, win, and rub their noses in it.

There was not much dignity about Dirty Leeds bitd!

Bribery and cheating were their good points...

Very true but they were the exception and probably why they they are still despised to this day.

By and large players from back then were approachable and conducted themselves with a bit more humility, these days half of them think they are gansta rappers and the other half think they are the dog's swingers, I mean, just compare England captains, who would you prefer ? Bobby Moore or John Terry ?

I'm not saying I'm right by the way, it's just the way I feel about the game these days, maybe I'm just bitter that it used to mean everything to me and now it doesn't mean as much as it did. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Very true but they were the exception and probably why they they are still despised to this day.

By and large players from back then were approachable and conducted themselves with a bit more humility, these days half of them think they are gansta rappers and the other half think they are the dog's swingers, I mean, just compare England captains, who would you prefer ? Bobby Moore or John Terry ?

I'm not saying I'm right by the way, it's just the way I feel about the game these days, maybe I'm just bitter that it used to mean everything to me and now it doesn't mean as much as it did. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

You are right by the way.....

What's your take on it ?

Personally, I can't believe the front of a club that employs John "Mr Chelsea" Terry having the temerity to complain about inapropriate language.

The FA should nick them for making a frivolous complaint and dock points off them, being as fining them would be ineffective, Roman would just pay it out of the petty cash tin.

Horrible club, hope Clattenburg get's cleared. http://th188.photobucket.com/albums/z243/fikrikhairat/icon/th_smoking-smiley-5445_0-1

This post is worrying.

It seems like you're suggesting Chelsea are showing temerity by complaining because Terry was found guilty of making a racist remark.

It also looks like you're suggesting that irrespective of what happened, you hope Clattenburg gets cleared.

Do you know he didn't say anything? I wouldn't be absolutely gobsmacked, especially given the way referees get spoken to. It must take all their strength not to flip sometimes.

If Clattenburg did say something, Chelsea have a responsibility to report it. Not doing so makes them as big an advocate of racism as Terry.

If he's found innocent and there's nothing to back it up, Chelsea should face the harhsest punishment possible, but it's dangerous to dismiss a case without being in possession of the facts.

I'm hoping Clattenburg didn't say anything offensive, if he did it'll have been heard by the other assistant ref's and they should be duty bound to report it and the full weight of his governing body should come down on him like a ton of bricks.

Further, I believe Chelsea have shown temerity because it appears they can be appalled by a referee allegedly saying something racist but their club captain can be found guilty of racially abusing a fellow pro (only by The FA admittedly, not a court of law) yet keep his armband and still be captain of a team that contains players that apparently appear not to be offended by his outburst yet appear apoplectic at Clattenburgs.....go figure.

Finally, if my original post is worrying and I don't believe it is, let the moderating team do their worst. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

You're right of course EHR....although tbf, when I was a kid, me Dad's generation called the 70's stars spoilt brats, greedy etc. I can remember the outrage about George Best's behaviour from the owd uns who worshipped Tom Finney, Stan Matthews etc!

Archived