Sheikh Shaggers Banter

Leicester Ram

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was a red dog with a bit of insight to DCFC I would be picking this post to pieces to be quite honest.

Level playing field and living within our means? Do you think Yeovil Barnsley Doncaster etc have been losing between £5m and £10m per year? If not, then how can they be on a level playing field?

Chucking stupid amounts of money at it? At what level does money become stupid? If our owners are having to stick in £7m or £8m a year to a club with turnover less than £20m then I would say that is silly money.

The Americans are smart? They have sat there for 4 years cutting our overheads but at the same time watching income fall and basically been like deer in headlights not knowing what to do next (and I am not a hater of them either). IMO it is no coincidence that the club has improved and taken a different direction since Sam Rush appeared on the scene.

Will be interesting to see how our budget has changed since SM came in because I don't imagine any of the loanees are coming cheap.

Just seems ridiculous for any Rams fan to be sat here saying we are doing things 'the right way' when the truth is we are doing things the wrong way but not too as big an extent as other teams.

PS - I hate Forest

Okay, my post was badly researched (albeit eloquently worded). All I'm basing my theories on is that we don't seem to be, in any way, concerned by FFP. That implies that we're at least making losses within the minimum allowable level. The cut off point that decides 'stupid amounts of money' is defined within FFP. So we are at least playing within the rules, and as long as everyone plays within the rules, it's a level playing field.

Unless we are concerned by FFP, but I've not heard that anywhere on this forum.

With the loans, I'm sure I remember reading that we're only paying a small amount of the wages, and I'd like to think that is because the parent clubs are happy for their guys to be here. I have no idea what forest are paying for their loans, I just like to imagine they must be paying millions cos why else would anyone want to go there.

I agree that things have changed since Sam Rush has come in, he's clearly a clever guy. I believe that the Americans had a plan of sorts, they just weren't entirely sure how to enact it, and Sam has helped bring that plan to fruition. I think we are a well run, well financed (in the right way, supplemented with decent income streams like the stadium sponsorship) club, and I definitely get the feeling that a lot of clubs, including Forest, are respecting and admiring that. Even down to the fact that we clearly put a lot of emphasis on youth development. I love that. You don't have to concentrate on that. You could just pay a boat load of money for decent players, but the fact that we've made an effort to grow some real quality players as part of our plan is brilliant.

Okay, my post was badly researched (albeit eloquently worded). All I'm basing my theories on is that we don't seem to be, in any way, concerned by FFP. That implies that we're at least making losses within the minimum allowable level. The cut off point that decides 'stupid amounts of money' is defined within FFP. So we are at least playing within the rules, and as long as everyone plays within the rules, it's a level playing field.

Unless we are concerned by FFP, but I've not heard that anywhere on this forum.

With the loans, I'm sure I remember reading that we're only paying a small amount of the wages, and I'd like to think that is because the parent clubs are happy for their guys to be here. I have no idea what forest are paying for their loans, I just like to imagine they must be paying millions cos why else would anyone want to go there.

I agree that things have changed since Sam Rush has come in, he's clearly a clever guy. I believe that the Americans had a plan of sorts, they just weren't entirely sure how to enact it, and Sam has helped bring that plan to fruition. I think we are a well run, well financed (in the right way, supplemented with decent income streams like the stadium sponsorship) club, and I definitely get the feeling that a lot of clubs, including Forest, are respecting and admiring that. Even down to the fact that we clearly put a lot of emphasis on youth development. I love that. You don't have to concentrate on that. You could just pay a boat load of money for decent players, but the fact that we've made an effort to grow some real quality players as part of our plan is brilliant.

John Vicars said we are right on the borderline when it comes to FFP, this was prior to us signing Dawkins and taking 3 Premier League players on loan. He said 10 clubs were failing it and another 5 probably would be by the end of the season.

For me there is no measure of doing things worng, you're either doing it right or you are doing it wrong.

Not having a go but just think we are in no position to gloat when we are being propped up by our owners.

John Vicars said we are right on the borderline when it comes to FFP, this was prior to us signing Dawkins and taking 3 Premier League players on loan. He said 10 clubs were failing it and another 5 probably would be by the end of the season.

For me there is no measure of doing things worng, you're either doing it right or you are doing it wrong.

Not having a go but just think we are in no position to gloat when we are being propped up by our owners.

This^^

Fair enough. Well, if we do beat FFP, then I'll be proud of us. If we don't beat FFP, then you can be sure I'll find some reason why we're still brilliant, and better than Forest, morally, technically, and in any other way you can think of.

Not as epic as your failure with you highlighting of embarassing score lines...!

Have you bought enough replica kits to save your club yet?

I'm thinking about buying some small black and white cats.

Replica kittens.

Natalie Jackson ‏@NatJacksonsport 19m

Derby County announce that from next season the South Stand will become a home fans only area at the iPro Stadium @dcfcofficial #dcfcfans

Natalie Jackson ‏@NatJacksonsport 19m

From next season away fans will be in the South East corner of the iPro Stadium @dcfcofficial #dcfcfans

Natalie Jackson ‏@NatJacksonsport 17m

Ahead of the changes #dcfc will use #nffc game in March as a trial. It means Rams fans sat behind both goals + 2700 Reds fans in SE corner

Your billionaire foreign owners, who don't spend waste money on players, are in it as a business, yeah to cream money from you and not anything else

Fixed for ya.  ;)

So these shrewd, highly experienced Billionaire businessmen have put millions into our club but are not allowed to make money.

Is that what your saying??

I guess you don't have your own business with that mentality.

Fixed for ya.  ;)

So these shrewd, highly experienced Billionaire businessmen have put millions into our club but are not allowed to make money.

Is that what your saying??

I guess you don't have your own business with that mentality.

I am not saying that at all. Billionaires are good at making money.  I thought you lot were frustrated by your owners lack of investment....You can't be poor little Derby one minute and Microsoft the next

The point with us tigger is that we're neither "poor little Derby" or the Man City of the midlands.

We're a good sized regional football club, well run from top to bottom - exemplary youth set up, respected manager, sound commercial arrangements and sustainably funded. We play entertaining football, engage well with the community and media and we don't make arses of ourselves in public by the behaviour of our staff or manager. We're having a good season with a sniff of promotion at the end of it.

It's good times to be a Rams fan. 

Forest are a good sized regional football club.....and you're having a good season with a sniff of promotion at the end of it.

It may also be good times to be a Forest fan...but can you say honestly that you wouldn't swap situations with us? 

Archived