Theo Robinson

loweman2

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair to him he only had the one real chance. His others were silly attempts from either too far out or with his weak foot.

We don't need or want him to be shooting from 25 yards. Get in that box and tap some in Theo! Plenty of crosses and balls in to feed on, at home anyway.

The bloke tries his hardest, runs all night, the improvement in his first touch and all round play in general is amazing, he's improved beyond what any of us imagined he could, I highly doubt he could further his career beyond a mid table championship side but whilst we are and have been that for a while now. He as a football sums us up as to where we are as a club right now, hard working, honest, cheap and not quite good enough for the 'big time' premiership.

The bloke tries his hardest, runs all night, the improvement in his first touch and all round play in general is amazing, he's improved beyond what any of us imagined he could, I highly doubt he could further his career beyond a mid table championship side but whilst we are and have been that for a while now. He as a football sums us up as to where we are as a club right now, hard working, honest, cheap and not quite good enough for the 'big time' premiership.

Agree with this.

On loan, he was so poor. I remember going to Sheff Utd, he ran the length of the pitch and had the keeper to beat, and totally fluffed his lines. Missed a sitter against Swansea too.

I didn't even think he was good enough for League One, but he's come on no end and showed great composure at times. His first touch is still quite wayward and needs work but his finishing has improved dramatically. In hindsight it's a good bit of business from Clough, and good management to get him from a total misfit to a main striker and top goalscorer.

He does work hard (or at least run hard), and until our budget is adjusted and we can afford an upgrade, he'll do just fine here.

Don't get me wrong here. I love Theo. But imagine you're an outsider looking in, you're seeing this guy, he's top scorer last season, top scorer so far this season. He's leading the line. Little do they know that he's actually a bit crap. I bet people would be looking at him in January. And I think we should cash in.

He misses a many sitters as he scores. Imagine if we had someone who did have a first touch, and could finish off those sitters (like Ward, in fact) we'd actually have a very formidable goals for column by now. I think we create so many chances for Theo, it makes him look good, but he misses so many, it makes us look worse than we are.

I reckon we could sell him for a decent whack, based on his scoring prowess, and get someone far better in in January.

Don't get me wrong here. I love Theo. But imagine you're an outsider looking in, you're seeing this guy, he's top scorer last season, top scorer so far this season. He's leading the line. Little do they know that he's actually a bit crap. I bet people would be looking at him in January. And I think we should cash in.

He misses a many sitters as he scores. Imagine if we had someone who did have a first touch, and could finish off those sitters (like Ward, in fact) we'd actually have a very formidable goals for column by now. I think we create so many chances for Theo, it makes him look good, but he misses so many, it makes us look worse than we are.

I reckon we could sell him for a decent whack, based on his scoring prowess, and get someone far better in in January.

Any half decent offer and I would cash in. You're correct in what you say, you've just got to hope the 'said' team don't have scouts!

Any half decent offer and I would cash in. You're correct in what you say, you've just got to hope the 'said' team don't have scouts!

Even if they do, it's always a good PR coup, especially for a team that might be struggling to score, to be able to get another team's top scorer. A lot of people, even manager's and especially fans (who the managers try to win over with marquee signings) look at stats, especially if they've got money burning a hole in your pocket.

Nige hasn't got money, so he's had to look at players like Connor Salmon, who hasn't scored in donkeys years, but is clearly a class above Theo. Whereas teams like Leicester might just throw some money at a proven top scorer, even if he is a bit rubbish. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

I think Theo will do a job for another team anyway, and I think he'd continue to score goals for us if we kept hold of him, so I wouldn't be miffed either way. I just think there's proabbly someone out there that we could get for whatever money we get in for Theo, who could probably do an even better job.

Even if they do, it's always a good PR coup, especially for a team that might be struggling to score, to be able to get another team's top scorer. A lot of people, even manager's and especially fans (who the managers try to win over with marquee signings) look at stats, especially if they've got money burning a hole in your pocket.

Nige hasn't got money, so he's had to look at players like Connor Salmon, who hasn't scored in donkeys years, but is clearly a class above Theo. Whereas teams like Leicester might just throw some money at a proven top scorer, even if he is a bit rubbish. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

I think Theo will do a job for another team anyway, and I think he'd continue to score goals for us if we kept hold of him, so I wouldn't be miffed either way. I just think there's proabbly someone out there that we could get for whatever money we get in for Theo, who could probably do an even better job.

All I saw is Leicester and Theo - Leicester=Money.... Money for Theo.... 1.5million pound please, and I would take Waghorn off their hands too 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

That'd be rate...

There is the argument of course that Theo is so good at naturally being in the right place at the right time, that as a consequence he gets more chances than most. There has been a big improvement in his overall game since he first came, so I would rather persevere with him. His goals to games ratio is acceptable so whether he starts or comes on as a sub he is a good person to have around.

All I saw is Leicester and Theo - Leicester=Money.... Money for Theo.... 1.5million pound please, and I would take Waghorn off their hands too 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

That'd be rate...

Doesn't Waghorn have a goals to games ratio of around 1 in 5. Theo is something like 1 in a bit less than 3.

Doesn't Waghorn have a goals to games ratio of around 1 in 5. Theo is something like 1 in a bit less than 3.

Waghorn is a good player though, I can see where people are coming from though - I will always pick a good footballer over a poor footballer with a good record.

I dont think Theo is great at all but dont they say the hardest thing is to score goals? He is the top scorer and at this rate will finish with 15-20 for the season. Thats not that bad, yes at times he looks clueless but at the market we shop in his return is pretty good. I dont see much point to be honest getting Waghorn who is another who works very hard for the team and all that but doesnt really score goals, isnt that what salmon is for?

Not particularly impressed to be honest :/ I think Sammon is a decent player, could do a good job for most teams.

And this is the point with Theo, unless you watch him in a game where he bags and his confidence is up you'd think he was absolute crap. Which unless he's scoring, is a lot of the time 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

I've got no problem with the lad at all and it's reassuring that Nigel can see when he's having one of those days and hook him around the 50-60 min mark and put Tyson on. Last season we didn't really have any other options but to stick with him to the death...

Archived