Nathan Tyson

Thecowsheds

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't think it makes any sense to send Tyson out on loan. I didn't think so when he was being linked to Huddersfield and I don't think so now either.

To be honest, I don't think it will have helped Tyson to start the season as well as he did with two goals in two starts to then be dropped as soon as Sammon signed on the dotted line. He merited a run in the side at that point but obviously Sammon was expected to offer more and got the nod instead.

I think Tyson needs to stay and prove his worth because there's going to be a point between now and January where our resources will be stretched and he'll be needed.

If we have an immediate recall clause it might be worth getting him some game time. At the moment he's behind Sammon, Ward and Robinson up front.

However, Theo was so poor on the wing against Brighton that if Nigel needs to go down that route again - for example if Ward is still having hamstring trouble after the international break - then Tyson must surely be a better to play wide.

If it's a month's loan and our other players are fit, and he's going to play, then why not?

If we have an immediate recall clause it might be worth getting him some game time. At the moment he's behind Sammon, Ward and Robinson up front.

However, Theo was so poor on the wing against Brighton that if Nigel needs to go down that route again - for example if Ward is still having hamstring trouble after the international break - then Tyson must surely be a better to play wide.

If it's a month's loan and our other players are fit, and he's going to play, then why not?

because he has a pretty **** record with injuries for one...... and that would be annoying as hell....he'll get a chance the squad's thin enough as it is

Admittedly, not his finest hour - but he has said it was a mistake and he's apologised for it. Time to move on me thinks.

You may move on if you wish, personally I hold grudges, I'm still waiting to get the WBA git who clogged Dally Duncan on 26th January 1946.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I still don't think it makes any sense to send Tyson out on loan. I didn't think so when he was being linked to Huddersfield and I don't think so now either.

To be honest, I don't think it will have helped Tyson to start the season as well as he did with two goals in two starts to then be dropped as soon as Sammon signed on the dotted line. He merited a run in the side at that point but obviously Sammon was expected to offer more and got the nod instead.

I think Tyson needs to stay and prove his worth because there's going to be a point between now and January where our resources will be stretched and he'll be needed.

It didn't make any sense in signing him in the first place.

Tyson scoring and that not being a help? Absurd statement. It was getting to the point he probably wasn't able to show his face in Derby, I'm under no illusion he'd have been absolutely desperate to score just to get the monkey off his back. He'd be in a much worser state sitting on the sidelines having scored 0.

It didn't make any sense in signing him in the first place.

Tyson scoring and that not being a help? Absurd statement. It was getting to the point he probably wasn't able to show his face in Derby, I'm under no illusion he'd have been absolutely desperate to score just to get the monkey off his back. He'd be in a much worser state sitting on the sidelines having scored 0.

I think you've misunderstood me, SillyBilly. I'm saying that Sammon walking into the side will have knocked Tyson's confidence.

Tyson did well at the start of the season, scored goals and looked to be finding his feet here but of course wasn't rewarded with a run in the side when he had earned it. That will not have helped him. Sorry, I should have been clearer.

As for whether it made sense to sign him in the first place, it was a gamble admittedly but I can see what Clough thought he'd add if he could get him playing with confidence and keep him free of injury.

I think you've misunderstood me, SillyBilly. I'm saying that Sammon walking into the side will have knocked Tyson's confidence.

Tyson did well at the start of the season, scored goals and looked to be finding his feet here but of course wasn't rewarded with a run in the side when he had earned it. That will not have helped him. Sorry, I should have been clearer.

As for whether it made sense to sign him in the first place, it was a gamble admittedly but I can see what Clough thought he'd add if he could get him playing with confidence and keep him free of injury.

was clear enough to me, Jourdan, and i totally agree with your post..

Jury is still firmly out on Sammon as well so I'll leave it there! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I think there's a case for saying Tyson should have been given more opportunities following his goals in the first couple of games. It seems he was a starter when fit last season but is only a squad player now. I would prefer him to Theo at left midfield while Ward's injured though.

I think there's a case for saying Tyson should have been given more opportunities following his goals in the first couple of games. It seems he was a starter when fit last season but is only a squad player now. I would prefer him to Theo at left midfield while Ward's injured though.

Tyson is a better winger than Theo, if only because his touch isn't as bad as Theo's. I'm aware we don't have many options so it probably is better to keep Tyson around as he'll have to play his part at times.

Archived