Sammy Morsy

DcFc Dyycheee

A host of clubs are tracking Port Vale midfield ace Sammy Morsy, Sky Sports can confirm.

The 21-year-old joined Vale in 2008 after coming through the youth ranks at Wolves.

He is now a key member of Micky Adams's side at Vale Park, but his performances in central midfield have caught the eye of a host of clubs.

Morsy is out of contract at the end of the season, and Vale could now face competition to keep hold of one of their prized assets.

Derby County, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Preston and Coventry are all believed to be keeping close tabs on Morsy.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if Liverpool thought along those lines when they bought Rush from Chester, Clemence from Skem or Keegan from Scunnie ?

I'm not saying he's not any good or that we shouldn't buy him. My issue is with the hyperbole. I suppose 'promising young midfielder' just isn't eye catching enough. It's a pity reality doesn't cut much ice.

Incidentally, Rush was 3 years younger than this fella when Liverpool signed him, and nowhere near 'ace' .

I'm not saying he's not any good or that we shouldn't buy him. My issue is with the hyperbole. I suppose 'promising young midfielder' just isn't eye catching enough. It's a pity reality doesn't cut much ice.

Incidentally, Rush was 3 years younger than this fella when Liverpool signed him, and nowhere near 'ace' .

Cool. http://th188.photobucket.com/albums/z243/fikrikhairat/icon/th_smoking-smiley-5445_0-1

Archived