Sam Rush Appointed CEO

MelSage

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can only be good for the club.

Will he help do a swop with a prem club striker in exchange for either Doyle or Tyson? (Possibly Messi or Van Persie and the balance in cash 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> )

In all seriousness I think he is a brilliant appointment for dealing with promotion to the Prem. I think Andy Appleby said words to the effect of Rush coming in to overseee the "next stage". Well, links to top players, understanding the way the top deals are done etc puts us in a very strong situation should we manage to do the unthinkable.

While this is true, the biggest drop was between 09/10 and 10/11, just under 3,500 wiped off the average, where as relegation dropped us 3,000.

That's not quite what I was getting at. You'll always get a tail off, rather than a dramatic drop and then levelling post-relegation, as you get fairweather fans hanging around for a season or two hoping to see us bounce straight back and then drifting away when we don't. Basically promotion added 5000-ish fans to the attendance and it takes maybe 3 or 4 seasons for the attendances to drop back down to championship levels. When we got relegated before (2002?) our attendances showed exactly the same pattern.

While this is true, the biggest drop was between 09/10 and 10/11, just under 3,500 wiped off the average, where as relegation dropped us 3,000.

I don't agree that Glick has had any real influence on attendances.. I mean if shiny new LED ad boards and a new big scoreboard doesn't improve the 'matchday experience', then what will? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

I am astonished , you dont think the fact attendances have dropped has anything to do with the quality of the product on the pitch? For people like me who buy a season ticket every year come what may I can possibly agree , for the 8000+ floating fans who want to be entertained for their money on a match day............

So we have two options , either its Nigels fault or the boards fault that the quality of the product is not good enough to entice the floating fan to spend their hard earned cash on footbal rather than the cinema , 10 pin bowling etc , As Glick was the face of of the board either he was a puppet in which case who cares if he leaves it wont make a damn bit of difference , or he was part of the decision making process / board policy in which case he has certainly got to take some responsibility for taking a product which despite only just avoiding relegation for 2 seasons running in the championship still retained 29,000 ave attendance to one which now cant make 25k despite Sheffield bringing the biggest away attendance ive seen ever at PP

In all seriousness I think he is a brilliant appointment for dealing with promotion to the Prem. I think Andy Appleby said words to the effect of Rush coming in to overseee the "next stage". Well, links to top players, understanding the way the top deals are done etc puts us in a very strong situation should we manage to do the unthinkable.

...but what is the next stage.

Flogging the up and coming academy products to generate a return for investors?

I am astonished , you dont think the fact attendances have dropped has anything to do with the quality of the product on the pitch? For people like me who buy a season ticket every year come what may I can possibly agree , for the 8000+ floating fans who want to be entertained for their money on a match day............

So we have two options , either its Nigels fault or the boards fault that the quality of the product is not good enough to entice the floating fan to spend their hard earned cash on footbal rather than the cinema , 10 pin bowling etc , As Glick was the face of of the board either he was a puppet in which case who cares if he leaves it wont make a damn bit of difference , or he was part of the decision making process / board policy in which case he has certainly got to take some responsibility for taking a product which despite only just avoiding relegation for 2 seasons running in the championship still retained 29,000 ave attendance to one which now cant make 25k despite Sheffield bringing the biggest away attendance ive seen ever at PP

Sarcasm missed, point missed

What control did Glick have over Clough choosing teams, or transfer targets? Yes, he will have had control of the pursestrings, which to some extent will dictate what players we can afford, but at the end of the day the responsibility of the team lies with the manager.

and the attendance against Wednesday was over 27k.

How does our drop in attendances compare to other teams across the company?

I think people are beginning to get fed up of money men ruining football and are talking with their feet.

The people who run our game are brain dead, who on earth thinks it would be a good idea for Charlton to play at Derby on a Tuesday night or Crystal Palace/Hull on a Friday night?

How does our drop in attendances compare to other teams across the company?

I think people are beginning to get fed up of money men ruining football and are talking with their feet.

The people who run our game are brain dead, who on earth thinks it would be a good idea for Charlton to play at Derby on a Tuesday night or Crystal Palace/Hull on a Friday night?

or Derby to play extra games in the week, like Friday's, 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Archived