Sam Rush Appointed CEO

MelSage

Sounds like he's experienced in selling players, a strategic appointment?

Of course it is a strategic appointment, he is the CEO who has been brought in to implement and develop the club's plans, how much more strategic do you want to get? Or were you suggesting that he has been employed to get rid of Derby's best players? That would make sense wouldn't it? Leave a well paid position with one of the leading companies in your field to try and sell the main assets of your new employer - doesn't sound like a very good career move if that is what you were insinuating!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also i think glick managed to implement his best ideas before he left with plaza (not really his idea but he pushed it again), new screen, led boards, two big boards/tvs outside stadium which will all prove to be profitable and beneficial for the club both on and off this pitch, this new guy seems intent on carrying on with what were already doing as well as brining his ideas to the table and based on his previous ventures could really really benefit our club especially in the long term financially.

Good appointment, nice to have an insider guy with knowledge of the football industry. Good to see Derby can attract these type of people, although I'm sure the wage had something to do with it! I'm also glad he's not American as he's one less person to recieve the 'Yank' treatment...

Interesting move by the club. They took their time because this is a crucial appointment for the club no question. Suggests they have resolved the Director of Football issue with this one as well. He will have loads of connections within the game and be well respected already.

Could lead to some interesting signings by the Rams in the coming seasons. This is the area where he should be an improvement on Glick.

Chances are reasonable that Hughes will be off in January. This guy should at least ensure we don't get shafted.

Archived