Huddersfield Town v Derby County

froggg

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what you're all saying it doesn't seem like we have backed the Watford and Wolves games up with a shocking performance. More like a lacklustre game and lacking a goal threat (for first time this season). We should be perhaps talking about a 0-0 draw here??

Bad first half. Controlled second half without creating anything. Stone wall penalty.Fans are really not helping Doyle with confidence.

Confidence? Thats not his problem. It a lack of any ability whatsoever.

Fans chanting alleluya when he was subbed says it all really.

We really are barking up a blind alley with this one.

Well fact is we should beat teams like Hudersfield if we want to get promoted. We have been in this league for several years now and we should be improving. Huddersfield have just sneaked promotion from League One and sold their best player. Yet nothing to choose between the two teams today.

They scored a goal, we didn't.

Ratings

First Half

Brayford - 5

Roberts - 4

O'connor - 4

Keogh - 5

Doyle - 4

Hendrick - 5

Bryson - 5

Hughes - 4

Ward - 5

Sammon - 5

Second Half

Brayford - 6

Roberts - 6

O'connor - 6.5

Keogh - 7

Doyle - 4

Hendrick - 5

Bryson - 7

Hughes - 6

Ward - 7

Sammon - 6

Jacobs - 6, Man, he's slow!

Doyle shouldn't be at this club, nevermind starting games. Biggest cheer of the game when he went off, and I hope it sent Nigel a message. Robinson, Davies, or Jacobs would have done twice the job he did.

​Referee- 3

I got stuck in traffic on the way up and missed the goal.

We never had a shot on target.

Conor Doyle was a passenger. Conor Sammon was a disappointing.

They sold out of pies, hotdogs and everything else hot food related.

Getting away from the ground was murder.

On the plus side, Wardy was magic for 20 minutes when he went wide, Hughes had more effect on the game when he went inside, and we generally passed and moved well....but never created owt.

The answer is; Wardy plays left, Theo plays up top with Sammon, and Coutts, Hendrick, Bryson and Hughes fight it our for the last three places. Oh, and if we don't start keeping clean sheets, we'll be knackered anyway.

Very disappointing day out, off to t'pub.

Don't think the Derby fans should be booing Doyle off the pitch, or cheering when subbed, he's trying his best, imagine if it was you, it must be a horrible feeling. Moronic.

It's not moronic. It's called not caring. Derby fans feel they have a choice, do what we can to get him out of the team and the club. Or feel sorry for him and stay quiet.

It must be horrific to hear your own fans boo and I am fully against it. However people are entitled to their opinions and the fans getting their pov to the coaching staff is really limited so I would not hold a grudge against anyone who did.

I was at the game today and thought both teams looked like they belonged in league 2 first half. second half much better but we just couldn't score. still early days I have said from the start see after 10 games. btw we are only 3 points of 8th still.

I don't like anyone on a Rams player's back. We don't pick the team. Doyle doesn't pick himself. If he plays again we need him to not play with fear and pressure.

Having said that, away from the pitch and on here I've always said he's not good enough. You can point to all other players and say 'oh he looked good then'etc except Doyle.

Martin v Cardiff. Scored did alright.

Bavies v Leeds and debut. Looked really good.

Bennett, OB, Hendrick, Ball have all looked like they might be worth looking at again. Doyle has not done anything to make many people want to see him again.

It's back to my number 1 gripe with Nigel.

You get the naughty step players. Then you get the blue eyed boy players that can string poor performances together and still he'll fit them in somehow. Frustrates me!!!

Having read reports though I don't see how Doyle can be anymore to blame than anyone else.

Good enough for Derby? No

To blame for today? No.

I'm sticking to my guns and saying get rid. But today's defeat by all accounts can not be levelled at Doyle

Archived