Huddersfield Town v Derby County

froggg

I've read one or two comments like "we didn't look like a promotion team today". Who on earth thinks we should be a promotion team given the financial restrictions Clough has to work under? We have had to slash the wage bill and sell, or let go, good players to bring in good players. Otherwise we're signing only lower league or young players and picking players from our own academy. It would be a miracle if we made a promotion push under these financial constraints.

Having said that, I'm delighted we are bringing our own talent through and like the progress of our academy and U21s. It just isn't likely to deliver a promotion challenge anytime soon.

Re Doyle I say let him develop in the U21s. With the options available in the squad, even with Coutts injured, I don't see why Doyle made the first 11 today. Personally I would have played Ward wide and Robinson up front, or Jacobs / Tyson wide if Clough wanted the Sammon and Ward partnership up front to develop.

One goal in three away games is a worry given the amount of posession we've had in those games. That's one reason why I would favour Robinson up front and Ward wide. We have two home games to get it right before the big one. I really hope Doyle doesn't start at the Sh*tty Ground!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope Doyle proves you all wrong.

Cloughy wouldn't start him unless he'd proved himself in training. Criticizing him every time he plays isn't going to improve his match performance.

I'm not his biggest fan but I absolutely detest booing our own players. It's pathetic. Support the team, cheer them on, but don't f**king boo every tiny mistake.

I really hope Doyle proves you all wrong.

Cloughy wouldn't start him unless he'd proved himself in training. Criticizing him every time he plays isn't going to improve his match performance.

I'm not his biggest fan but I absolutely detest booing our own players. It's pathetic. Support the team, cheer them on, but don't f**king boo every tiny mistake.

He wasn't boo'ed, he was cheered, haha.

So you thought we would lose fair enough, I don't think it's an ignorant view to have marked this as a game that we should have won.

The division is a free for all excuse is a card mostly played when we lose.

I hoped we'd win, nothings guaranteed in this division, as seen. I think it's a very ignorant view that you disregard any sort of football club that doesn't sound big. If you have valid reasons, good form - coming off a very good away point at Wolves and a 5-1 drubbing of Watford i'd of sort of seen his point.. the fact his reason was "because we're Derby" makes me disagree. Very narrow minded view. To repeat what Sav said, what gives us the right to expect 3 points from Huddersfield? Nothing.

I'm not a fan of Doyle but he played no worse than any of our other wingers today. Once again Jamie Ward's arse has a ray of sunshine coming from it, he was poor, very poor. For 20 minutes he took players on and continuously lost the ball. Doyle didn't take players on but lost the ball. Not much difference yet Doyle gets jeered off? Doyle actually but a few good corners in, more than Jamie ward achieved all game! I'm a big fan of Ward and not so big fan of Doyle but he was no worse than the others.

I don't think Doyle should have started, obviously he's showing something in the U21's and Nige, like me and i'm sure a few others really want him to transfer his form from elsewhere into the first team, it's just unfortunately not happening. I was hoping Jacobs would have started but after his showing I was left very disappointed, I really hope Coutts is back on tuesday.

I wasnt there and didnt even listen to the game. But from what i've read and based on the stats im pleased once again that we've dominated possession away from home. On the BBC report it says we played some attractive football but seemed to lack a cutting edge.

Dominating possession is a good basis to eventually being able to win games away from home. The problem is, when things arent going our way, we lack creativity, we have since Commons left and Clough has never really bought in a replacement.

Cheer up pal. I didn't boo him. I have never boo'ed a player. I never will. And based on today, I never cheered the substitution.

btw, I said 'haha' because I was joking, being humorous, having a laugh.

I'm not having a go at you personally, but I guess it seems like I am. I just think our fans are too quick to criticise players for mistakes. I know we lost today but let's be honest we aren't going to win that many away this season, so without sounding like B4, we need to really support the lads this season.

I'm not having a go at you personally, but I guess it seems like I am. I just think our fans are too quick to criticise players for mistakes. I know we lost today but let's be honest we aren't going to win that many away this season, so without sounding like B4, we need to really support the lads this season.

That's cool man. Mean, I'm a bit confusing at times and looking back it does look like I've implied I was involved in this booing so my apologies for that. But yeah, I agree about us not winning to many away this season, though its soo hard to make any predictions this season comparing todays game to the game at Wolves.

That's cool man. Mean, I'm a bit confusing at times and looking back it does look like I've implied I was involved in this booing so my apologies for that. But yeah, I agree about us not winning to many away this season, though its soo hard to make any predictions this season comparing todays game to the game at Wolves.

We'll win at the shity ground, don't worry.

Reading the above comments you appear to suffer from the same disease as quite a few other clubs in the Championship, namely 'big club' syndrome. Maybe it's my age (60) but I'm sorry, I don't actually think of Derby County as a big club. Okay you've been constantly in the second tier or above in the last few decades but I still can't think of you as massive. So to the guy who on made that silly comment on BBC Five5, you need to get real and look where you are!

As for yesterday's game I thought the difference between the two teams was mainly determination and desire. When your lads turned up the heat in the second half and put us under serious pressure we stood firm and to be honest for a newly promoted team that is all we can ask for. I can see how you're capable of scoring 5 goals in a game because when you set your stall out you looked like a good side, I guess your problem might be consistency both from game to game and during the 90 minutes.

It wasn't a classic yesterday but if think that was poor you should see how dire it can get in the division below. I'm not getting carried away with our win but it was pleasing for reasons I'm sure you will understand given that we've been out of the Championship for 12 seasons.

Good Luck from now on - Regards AceT (HTFC) 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I wasnt there and didnt even listen to the game. But from what i've read and based on the stats im pleased once again that we've dominated possession away from home. On the BBC report it says we played some attractive football but seemed to lack a cutting edge.

Thats over-rating the performance.

We were poor by own standards.

o'connor looked wobbly at the back for the first 20 minutes, after having been very good before.

Brayford couldn't get going on the right with doyle for company.

Roberts produced the form we're been more accustomed to expect from him.

And hendrick, ward, and bryson were mis-firing in the middle.

Huddersfield knocked it around just as well if not better than us, but neither side produced much end product.

A very frustrating performance.

Looks like Coutts has already become an important player for us, because we certainly missed him.

I'm sticking to my guns and saying get rid. But today's defeat by all accounts can not be levelled at Doyle

No one is suggesting it was all doyles fault, it was a collective dip in form.

But he offers nothing.

I wonder if Doyle being picked has anything to do with his nationality and the nationality of our owners? We wouldn't be the first club to select a sub standard player from the same place as the owners.

It's a possibility but surely if that was the case it would make a mockery of Clough's philosophy of players earning their place. You cannot have a player in the team because he's from the U.S. And from what everyone says Clough would not put up with that kind of meddling from the owners.

I don't think his nationality is the answer. I think Clough rates him for some reason that we cannot see. I honestly feel Ben Davies would have offered us more yesterday, I don't particularly rate him, but he seems to have become the forgotten man. I wonder why?

Thats over-rating the performance.

We were poor by own standards.

o'connor looked wobbly at the back for the first 20 minutes, after having been very good before.

Brayford couldn't get going on the right with doyle for company.

Roberts produced the form we're been more accustomed to expect from him.

And hendrick, ward, and bryson were mis-firing in the middle.

Huddersfield knocked it around just as well if not better than us, but neither side produced much end product.

A very frustrating performance.

Looks like Coutts has already become an important player for us, because we certainly missed him.

I think that's under rating it though pal!

Took us a while to get going but we still looked ok. Never looked like conceding another. We were pretty average with some nice football thrown in.

Disagree with the Hudds playing better football too, it was typical Grayson. Lots of passion, lots of closing down and strong tackles. Also meant alot of long balls. James Vaughan was so frustrated in the second half, he was chasing hopeful punts most of the afternoon. (He did it well to be fair). That 20 or so minute spell in the second half was just lacking a few balls in or something creative, their keeper was flapping at everything and their defenders gave it straight back to ours. Unfortunately we didn't capitalise and they defended much better late on.

Archived