Pressure is on Clough to deliver. Starting today.

Boycie

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clough has done a great job in improving the squad whilst lowering the wage bill..

But if he can't get them to perform or the performances on the pitch are average, boring, hoofball etc.. then he's simply failing at his job.. A manager doesn't deserve to be in the job for the team he puts together, a manager deserves to be in the job for the results and performances on the pitch..

Clough could go and find us 11 Lionel Messis for free.. But if we're failing on the pitch the blame simply lies with him.. I don't understand why some people totally diregard the on pitch matters when telling everyone else how good a job Clough has done..

He's only done a good job when we're successful on the pitch.. Until then, whilst doing a good job in other areas, the bread and butter area of football management (on pitch matters) is what is stopping me from saying he's the right man for DCFC..

Regarding his signings, if he fails at management maybe someone like Villa should sign him up as a scout.. He certainly has a knack of picking up cheap players who can perform at their repsective level..

Bris - we really need to draw a line under this hoofball thing.

We don't win every week. We let some shoddy goals in. We let late goals in.

But the one thing we don't do is play hoof ball. It's just not true. We always try to play through the middle, and out wide. We are guilty of occasionally clearing the ball up to Ward, but that's the exception rather than the rule.

We've played well 3.5 games this season (and got battered against Wendys in the 2nd half).

I'd say this is a midtable squad, and we're currently 14th, so we're performing how we should. For what it's worth I think we'll finish higher up the table, because I think Clough is a good manager and can get more out of these players.

Can I just throw in that Watfords defence was shocking and a few of them goals wouldn't have been scored against a normal standard championship defence.

I mean, Jeff Hendrick out jumping a defender to score?

Anyway, not wanting to poke a wasps nest with a stick or owt.

I'm not sure I totally agree Boycie, theres alot of bog standard defences in this division. Even further up the table - look not further than Notts Rovers! Watford obviously missed Martin Taylors presence yesterday and Jeff might not have been able to get his head on that if Taylor had played in there.

I'm not sure I totally agree Boycie, theres alot of bog standard defences in this division. Even further up the table - look not further than Notts Rovers! Watford obviously missed Martin Taylors presence yesterday and Jeff might not have been able to get his head on that if Taylor had played in there.

Yes, I suppose so, if you don't press you don't get it in.

Well that's what my missus says.

Disagree Uttox... not Barca... we are the new Brazil 1970. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

As for the complete Tosh posted on here after a FIVE goal score for Derby those involved should be ashamed. Hate to spend an evening in the pub with some of you you after we lose!!

I disagree, most if not all either wouldn't go in a pub, or express these opinions in a group.

If he was Brown though he would have been gone two years ago, were we that capable then ??

No, he wouldn't have been given two years - and judging by where he's ended up, thank goodness.

Worst case under Clough is that we won't get too much better (although I think we will). Worst case under Brown, we'd end up like Preston.

No, he wouldn't have been given two years - and judging by where he's ended up, thank goodness.

Worst case under Clough is that we won't get too much better (although I think we will). Worst case under Brown, we'd end up like Preston.

Its a wait and see thing, if we end this season the same or worse than last, then you are wrong, we have just wasted nearly five years, just because of a name.

If we actually have a successful season then the opposite would apply,

I hope the second is the case, not for Clough, not for the septics, but for DCFC and for the supporters, all of them.

Clough out, Yanks out 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

They must have better investigators/ researches than mist media then. I'm sur clubs willingly hand over contract

I once bought Messi for £2m on a game - do you think we could sign him for that?

nah, because if given the opportunity to sign Messi for that amount, Clough would insist on signing some hasbeen from the spl or league two.

Proven that when he had the chance to sign a proven, young striker in Adam le fondre for 350k and instead blew the cash on a near thirty year old Ben Davies...

nah, because if given the opportunity to sign Messi for that amount, Clough would insist on signing some hasbeen from the spl or league two.

Proven that when he had the chance to sign a proven, young striker in Adam le fondre for 350k and instead blew the cash on a near thirty year old Ben Davies...

That's how much he went to Reading for this January. We signed Ben Davies a year before that do Le Fondres value would have been higher due to having more time to run on his contract. Can't compare the two.

This January? Reading signed him in August 2011 as far as I'm aware.

The same time we spent 400k and months wasted

on Maguire.

Better comparisment?

My mistake But still can't compare the two

Maguire transfer - now that one is comparible and I'd rather have signed Lefondre instead.

Back to my original point do you think FM people rung clubs and players to find out wages and stuff.

Maguire-Alf is a better comparison, although you have to ask yourself why 23 other teams didn't take a punt on him?

Thing is, it's alright sitting here with hindsight. Did Maguire appear to have any attitude/ability issues before we signed him? Was he a highly rated player? Indeed he was, it just didn't work out.

It's hardly worth pointing out infact, you could do it up and down the division. We signed Theo for 300k where as Forest signed a much more highly rated Miller for 2 million.. well done Nige. Didn't waste that one.

Archived