Pressure is on Clough to deliver. Starting today.

Boycie

Yes I can and yes we did, we wasted nearly a million quid on a past it has-been, when there were much (much) better options out there.

It freed up 8k for a new player to join (on loan), whoopie! If Savage had left the club his wages would have freed up to 4 or 5 players worth (if spent wisely) - if of course Clough had used his loaf.

If he had left the club with a year left on his contract he would have needed to be paid off at 23k a week thats over a million pounds (that is lost out of the playing budget)

Cutting his wages meant we didn't have to pay him off and saved us money that first season.

Over the two years it cost us 30k a week so just over £1.5m. At worst it cost us around £500k over two years (compared to paying him off) but potentially freed up money in the wage budget.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why don't you and others complain when the boots on the other foot and we're 3 games in without a win and heading for relegation apparently?

I know every club has a bunch of morbid, doom-wishing wristslashers but this one is so bad for 'um. Too many glass half empty types. The amount of relegation, board out, clough out, tits out threads to the one promotion thread is unbelievable. What about that obsession?

Most probably because 9 times out of 10, the season starts off well with good football/results and then out of nowhere the form drops, the football becomes dire and the tactics become more negative.

You can only blame the bloke for having a opinion which differs can you? The game at Ssausagehorpe didn't really help to be honest. Ssausagehorpe mate, no excuses...We should be out of this losing to lower league voodoo by now.

Someone at Heanor Supporters Club attended a recent meeting with Glick and other backroom staff. Ask why Shackell was sold and Glick said the wages would allow us to bring in "atleast" 2 new players and a much younger defender in.

If someone else went to this meeting, they'd confirm this. So surely Shackell was on high wages especially if it paid for the arrival of three other players?

Coutts, Keogh, O'Connor signed shortly afterwards coincidently..

But that could mean anything, Shackell could of been on £3k a week and sold him to Coutts, Keough, O'Connor £1k per or Shackell was on £15k then give the three players £5k each for example, extreme examples I know but can you see what am getting at? or Derby had "x" amount for players but if we sell Shackell we will have "X" amount. IMO those comments doesn't prove that you are wrong but it doesn't prove that you are right either.

If he had left the club with a year left on his contract he would have needed to be paid off at 23k a week thats over a million pounds (that is lost out of the playing budget)

Cutting his wages meant we didn't have to pay him off and saved us money that first season.

Over the two years it cost us 30k a week so just over £1.5m. At worst it cost us around £500k over two years (compared to paying him off) but potentially freed up money in the wage budget.

Or we could have took Savage up on his gesture of willing to drop to 2/3k a week, instead of paying him 15k.

Two weeks?! Please prove that there was this amount of time between the two.

You have conveniently forgotten the dramatic drop in form, the undermining tweets, and the alleged fake injury inbetween. Things advanced very quickly in the spacee of two weeks....

Already proved he was wrong with this, it was 2 months not 2 weeks

Most probably because 9 times out of 10, the season starts off well with good football/results and then out of nowhere the form drops, the football becomes dire and the tactics become more negative.

You can only blame the bloke for having a opinion which differs can you? The game at Ssausagehorpe didn't really help to be honest. Ssausagehorpe mate, no excuses...We should be out this lower league voodoo by now.

It's not what my post said, was it. Smify says theres an obsession with some our fans who believe we'll get promoted after 1 win in 4. Why doesn't he raise this issue (jumping the gun shall we say) when people say the say but ten times over but about relegation?

Everyone's happy with the relegation bandwagon, as soon as someone has something positive to post they get shot down!

9 times out of 10 you say though, i'd say once. The other 2 we've been very inconsistent. In spells the tactics have been dire and negative but especially last year we seemed to at least put an end to that and have a little run here and there.

He can have his opinion, i'm not saying that. It's about being balanced and fair though.

As for Scunny, do you actually care about that game? I found it funny if anything. Couldn't really give a **** what we do in the league cup.

As for Scunny, do you actually care about that game? I found it funny if anything. Couldn't really give a **** what we do in the league cup.

And yet people have complained at me and the other bloke for having a negative opinion? Yet your more than happy losing to lower league opposition? righty o.

The cup brings in revenue, a cup run installs confidence within the club and a cup run is a chance for fringe players to show what they can do.

But nah sod it, let us lose to the mighty Shrewsbury's and Scunny's of the world.

I meant Sheff Weds, hardly a big mistake.

Someone mentioned Le Fondre joined Reading this January, I didn't see you sticking your conk in correcting them.

Bit different when you're criticising them for doing this and that when this and that aren't actually that accurate.

And yet people have complained at me and the other bloke for having a negative opinion? Yet your more than happy losing to lower league opposition? righty o.

The cup brings in revenue, a cup run installs confidence within the club and a cup run is a chance for fringe players to show what they can do.

But nah sod it, let us lose to the mighty Shrewsbury's and Scunny's of the world.

Just keep adding bits to my posts fella, it's amusing. Where did I say I was happy to lose? I said I couldn't give a ****. Does that mean I want us to lose? Does that mean i'm happy when we do?!

You're saying that as if it never happens in football. How many other NPC teams are out aswell? Who takes the league cup seriously these days. If we had a good run then great, good one. If not, so what. Won't lose any sleep over it.

I was disturbed with our second half performance vs Wednesday, certainly rectifiying that so far which i'm really happy about. Thats what I care about.

Archived