Barcelona/PSG

TheresOnlyWanChope

7 minutes ago, Highgate said:

I agree with restrospective action 100%, but i think quite a lot of strikers would have gone down at that moment, if they thought they could get away with it. If we are going to treat football cheats as pariahs, then it has to be all of them, the divers, the defenders holding onto strikers at corners, the players deliberately 'taking one for the team', to prevent a dangerous attack developing. It's all cheating,

Make the ref watch the game again with his assistants before leaving the stadium, you can't change the result but allow the ref to rescind yellows/reds and give out cards. 

Thats a 2nd yellow for Suarez, so a red card.

Sad but until something is done cheating won't be stopped be in diving or holding players at corners.

Refs have a difficult job, how many must watch MOTD at night cringing at their decisions, it's a hard job, give them a chance to rectify their mistakes and we might see a better game.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Highgate said:

He may be many of those things...but he is also a wonderfully gifted footballer. A joy to watch at times.

Oh that's ok then. 

Sorry your go out for the actual bodily harm but I am a gifted footballer...

sorry for being a racist but I am a gifted footballer.....!!

he is a vile racist thug and should have been banned for ever years ago.

16 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Oh that's ok then. 

How is Suarez a racist exactly? He plays alongside black people. He has black friends. Do you think deep down he thinks himself as better than them due to his skin colour?

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

How is Suarez a racist exactly? He plays alongside black people. He has black friends. Do you think deep down he thinks himself as better than them due to his skin colour?

Cheers, just spat my beer all over my clean smoking jacket.

10 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Oh that's ok then. 

He deserves the ban he got for the remarks he made. I don't know if he is a genuine racist or not. He deserved the bans he got for biting, although the last one was a bit excessive in my opinion (and Chellini's, the player he bit). Like many player's he would have accrued several deserved bans for diving, if the appropriate review system was in place. As far as I know he has never seriously injured another player on the pitch. I rather get a bite on the shoulder than receive the treatment Mings and Ibrahimovic were dishing out to one another last weekend. Should they be banned for life?

I'm glad you don't get to decide these things ;)

21 hours ago, Norman said:

Are you ******* kidding?

Suarez dived. Should have got his second yellow for simulation, unpinned his stupid ears, took off his Vardy wrist strap and ****** off somewhere else for good. Nasty, racist, cheating, biting ****.

Muzzle him.

I take it you dont like Suarez then Norman.

21 hours ago, Norman said:

Are you ******* kidding?

Suarez dived. Should have got his second yellow for simulation, unpinned his stupid ears, took off his Vardy wrist strap and ****** off somewhere else for good. Nasty, racist, cheating, biting ****.

Muzzle him.

He read a book once and now knows everything.. 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

That's like asking why is John Terry a dick...

Ask Patrice Evra if he thinks Suarez is a racist...

Sith Happens
11 hours ago, Highgate said:

He deserves the ban he got for the remarks he made. I don't know if he is a genuine racist or not. He deserved the bans he got for biting, although the last one was a bit excessive in my opinion (and Chellini's, the player he bit). Like many player's he would have accrued several deserved bans for diving, if the appropriate review system was in place. As far as I know he has never seriously injured another player on the pitch. I rather get a bite on the shoulder than receive the treatment Mings and Ibrahimovic were dishing out to one another last weekend. Should they be banned for life?

I'm glad you don't get to decide these things ;)

I am with you I am reluctant to say someone is racist for what could be an outburst, a bit like John Terrys incident.

I do however think someone who has shown that biting is just a one off and some sort of personal trait needs dealing with harshly. A bite on the shoulder ok, maybe it wont cause that much damage, but what about the next time when he gets someones ear, or neck?

I also think Zlatan should have a much longer ban for what he did, as I have said before I am not convinced Mings was deliberate however the fact it has been judged to be the ban should be extensive.

I dont understand why anyone dishing out deliberate attempts to harm someone on a football fields should be any different to how a normal member of the public would be treated, if i went up to someone in the street etc and did what these guys did i would be facing criminal conviciton, why arent they if its deemed deliberate? Roy Keane when he set out to injure inge-haaland clearly pre meditated, should never have kicked a ball again.

10 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

That's like asking why is John Terry a dick...

Ask Patrice Evra if he thinks Suarez is a racist...

Suarez obviously isn't racist. He's a ******** who tried to wind Evra up and it was correct that he was banned. The idea that he is racist is a lie propagated by arrogant and myopic English people who simply refuse to acknowledge that other nations don't have the same kind of national stigma we do when it comes to skin colour. Calling someone black isn't seen as offensive in much of South America. Tim Vickery, the BBC south American football expert, wrote a couple of nuanced articles on this at the time, but they largely fell on deaf ears due to the English propensity for outrage culture coupled with ignorance.

13 minutes ago, Anon said:

Suarez obviously isn't racist. He's a ******** who tried to wind Evra up and it was correct that he was banned. The idea that he is racist is a lie propagated by arrogant and myopic English people who simply refuse to acknowledge that other nations don't have the same kind of national stigma we do when it comes to skin colour. Calling someone black isn't seen as offensive in much of South America. Tim Vickery, the BBC south American football expert, wrote a couple of nuanced articles on this at the time, but they largely fell on deaf ears due to the English propensity for outrage culture coupled with ignorance.

He didn't bite Evra. Obviously racist.

Someone who says they don't talk to black people, then point at his dark skin, then call him blackie, blackie, blackie isn't the sort of person i'd defend. Racist language = racist? Maybe not. But he was found guilty by the FA of racial abuse. 

****, yes.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

Ignorance....wow....so by your logic if someone is brought up in a brought up in a house where abuse is part and parcel of every day life (which it is for millions) then it is perfectly alright for you to continue this into your adulthood....? 

The vile man has played outside of Uruguay since 2006, so even with your twisted logic he has lived in a culture where everyone knows and all normal people agree that it is not acceptable to point at someone's skin and use the N word like that. So for 1/3 of his life he has lived in this culture and he hasn't adapted at all....? Why..? Because he is a racist  

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Ignorance....wow....so by your logic if someone is brought up in a brought up in a house where abuse is part and parcel of every day life (which it is for millions) then it is perfectly alright for you to continue this into your adulthood....? 

The vile man has played outside of Uruguay since 2006, so even with your twisted logic he has lived in a culture where everyone knows and all normal people agree that it is not acceptable to point at someone's skin and use the N word like that. So for 1/3 of his life he has lived in this culture and he hasn't adapted at all....? Why..? Because he is a racist  

No, try to pay attention. I didn't argue that people are racist in Uruguay, so it is fine for them to be racist here. I said that the word "black" or variations thereof aren't considered slurs. It is curious that you believe referencing the colour of someone's skin to be bad. Maybe you think there's something wrong with being black? I also said he should've been banned because it's up to him to temper his language to appease fragile European sensibilities. The "N word" he used was "negrito". It isn't a slur, but **** Suarez forever for speaking his own language. What a racist ****. I suppose the entire nation of Uruguay are also racist ***** for calling their world cup winning captain "El Negro Jefe".

3 hours ago, Anon said:

No, try to pay attention. I didn't argue that people are racist in Uruguay, so it is fine for them to be racist here. I said that the word "black" or variations thereof aren't considered slurs. It is curious that you believe referencing the colour of someone's skin to be bad. Maybe you think there's something wrong with being black? I also said he should've been banned because it's up to him to temper his language to appease fragile European sensibilities. The "N word" he used was "negrito". It isn't a slur, but **** Suarez forever for speaking his own language. What a racist ****. I suppose the entire nation of Uruguay are also racist ***** for calling their world cup winning captain "El Negro Jefe".

As everyone knows with even half a brain, the context that you use any word defines its meaning. 

A racist, as Suarez was proven to be, would use the word "black" in a derogatory way and in this case yes it is a racist comment. 

So you think it's ok for him to point at his skin and call Evra the N word...? That's ok is it..? Well it may be in your house but I sure isn't in mine. 

25 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

As everyone knows with even half a brain, the context that you use any word defines its meaning. 

A racist, as Suarez was proven to be, would use the word "black" in a derogatory way and in this case yes it is a racist comment. 

So you think it's ok for him to point at his skin and call Evra the N word...? That's ok is it..? Well it may be in your house but I sure isn't in mine. 

I agree that context is the most important thing. I can't remember all the details since this is a few years old now, but I don't recall this "pointing at the skin" (how would you even know he was pointing specifically at skin anyway?). I will check when I have more time.

Also, stop calling it "the N word". You know very well what that is shorthand for nigger, which has definite racist connotations, whereas the actual word used, negrito, doesn't.

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Calling a man by his actual name would have cleared any racist connotation..

Whatever you say. I'm sure you've never addressed any opponent on a football field by anything other than their full given name.

24 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I've never referred to someone by the colour of their skin.

Do you think that would still be true if you'd grown up in a culture that didn't see anything wrong in doing that?

Archived