David Nugent/James Wilson

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be quite happy with either of these chaps. 

I know we don't necessarily need to buy (or sell) at the moment and that NP is assessing the squad, but I need something to pique my pre-season excitement. Nothing makes pre-season more interesting than trying to work out whether the new bods are going to be 'world beaters' or 'egg beaters' (as Barry Fry used to say).. Otherwise its all about fintness and systems 'n stuff... dullsville :ph34r:

I'd love to see us invest in James Wilson. He's a top striker, with scope to improve even further. 

Nugent would be an excellent, if not incredibly expensive, back up to Martin in his role. 

I can see the reason signing both, but I imagine it will be one or the other. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I'd love to see us invest in James Wilson. He's a top striker, with scope to improve even further. 

Nugent would be an excellent, if not incredibly expensive, back up to Martin in his role. 

I can see the reason signing both, but I imagine it will be one or the other. 

Was James Wilson injured last season? He only made 14 appearances for Brighton? Too soon for me to say he is a quality striker.....

22 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Was James Wilson injured last season? He only made 14 appearances for Brighton? Too soon for me to say he is a quality striker.....

22 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He had some injury problems and problems with his health last season. In a few of the games for Brighton last season he threw up all over the place at half time but battled on and always gave 100%. 

Nugent has been excellent for years especially against us, (that smile on his face when he scores just makes me want to give him a bunch of fives) - you just know if he was to come to us he would do totally crap.

1 minute ago, Redcar said:

Nugent has been excellent for years especially against us, (that smile on his face when he scores just makes me want to give him a bunch of fives) - you just know if he was to come to us he would do totally crap.

I love Nugent as a player, always plays with a smile and is lethal at this level. For next to nothing, I'd take him.

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 10:38, McLovin said:

He had some injury problems and problems with his health last season. In a few of the games for Brighton last season he threw up all over the place at half time but battled on and always gave 100%. 

Threw up all over the place on new years day...

Archived