Steve coppell - DOF

FrostedRam

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

for some reason I don't mind this, although it'll finish off any chance we had of getting Pearson, but Coppell is a good footballing brain, got Reading up with 106 points and they played some good stuff as well.

how long ago? Wonder if they'll talk Curbishley into being manager

Very strange and too left field for standard churnalism.

Must be an option they are looking at as guidance for Wassall as with Redknapp. Must admit if Wassall needs to have his hand held long term, then it's a bit concerning. 

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I'm sure I just saw George Graham at the Golden Arches with Steve Coppell and Ian Ormandroyd is coming back #unfinishedbreakfast

David O'Leary might be coming back into football after a 15 year break and what about Alan Curbishley......

22 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Must be an option they are looking at as guidance for Wassall as with Redknapp. Must admit if Wassall needs to have his hand held long term, then it's a bit concerning. 

id hardly call it long term, hes only been a manager for less than half a season so far.

11 minutes ago, davenportram said:

id hardly call it long term, hes only been a manager for less than half a season so far.

I think he is talking about next season, and the requirement for an "experienced" head to be around

4 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I think he is talking about next season, and the requirement for an "experienced" head to be around

even then having an experienced old head for one, or even two seasons, isn't long term for a manager in his first senior job.

Until he showed up on telly at the Cup Final, plenty of people probably thought Coppell was dead. He'd certainly vanished from the football consciousness. One reason I wouldn't go near him now is that he's a habitual quitter of jobs. Another is that it suggests to me he'd come as a package with Wassall.

When Harry and Dazza were working together, they contrived to make some awful decisions; I see no reason why Coppell and Wassall wouldn't carry on doing the same. Besides, the pairing sounds as 1980s as Hoddle and Waddle - and equally embarrassing.

I also don't think that having him here implies anything about Wassall? A director of football is essentially a chief scout with a little more power, we already knew that going forward the club would probably be operating in this manner.

If we appoint him I don't think it'll be to hold Wassall's hand. 

Archived