Steve coppell - DOF

FrostedRam

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I have no problem with anyone booing, they pay their money and are entitled to do whatever they want within reason.

Just intrigued by what they are booing at and what result they aim to achieve through booing.

Maybe a positive rather than negative reaction ?  What reaction did Mel expect when he have out his own rollocking?

Not supporting it by the way :-)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Maybe a positive rather than negative reaction ?  What reaction did Mel expect when he have out his own rollocking?

The difference being Mel is their boss and pays their wages?

If a customer rants at you at work does it make you want to perform better or do you just want to tell them to f**k? Judging by the response of players at times over the last couple of seasons the answer is pretty evident!

8 minutes ago, jono said:

Of course he is Eddie although from my personal perspective it just isn't cricket hence my little burst of invective. 

and yeah .. What exactly will it achieve anyway 

I think it was me who stirred his own little personal hornets' nest up initially. I do that every now and again, and shall probably continue to do so. It's not big and it's not clever, but by God it's funny.

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

If a customer rants at you at work does it make you want to perform better or do you just want to tell them to f**k? Judging by the response of players at times over the last couple of seasons the answer is pretty evident!

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I worked in retail for 20 odd years, so from experience I can tell you I didn't care what the customer said, just nod and accept they are always right.  I've also had a CEO tell us that we are doing the job wrong, even though they had no experience in the area I worked in, this had a bigger detrimental effect on the morale of the whole team that any customer who I didn't know from Adam had.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Ok forget the tv/cinema and change it to the theatre. The point was that they boo because they are not entertained?

Am I therefore to assume that they believe that booing will solve this and entertainment will be instantly provided?

Trying to think of instances where this has worked in the past.

If a cast perform well below expectations then yes, I would jeer at the theatre as would most. 

57 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I worked in retail for 20 odd years, so from experience I can tell you I didn't care what the customer said, just nod and accept they are always right.  I've also had a CEO tell us that we are doing the job wrong, even though they had no experience in the area I worked in, this had a bigger detrimental effect on the morale of the whole team that any customer who I didn't know from Adam had.

Fair comment.

I would hardly say that MM had to be an experienced footballer to see that the performance and effort in the Reading game was not acceptable.

PistoldPete2
3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I have no problem with anyone booing, they pay their money and are entitled to do whatever they want within reason.

Just intrigued by what they are booing at and what result they aim to achieve through booing.

I think there has been a big increase in booing. Don't understand it mostly, I've  never booed a manager or a player apart from I think clod Davis. Sometimes it's not clear who or what people are booing about... The team the owners, the manager , the referee, the opposition. or maybe they are shouting HUUUUUGHESY and it just sounds like booing. 

22 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I think there has been a big increase in booing. Don't understand it mostly, I've  never booed a manager or a player apart from I think clod Davis. Sometimes it's not clear who or what people are booing about... The team the owners, the manager , the referee, the opposition. or maybe they are shouting HUUUUUGHESY and it just sounds like booing. 

Things are getting mixed up these days. Have you noticed on the TV people clap themselves if they are congratulated for something. Booing unnecessarily, clapping in a self congratulory way...........worlds gone mad.

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Things are getting mixed up these days. Have you noticed on to people clap themselves if they are congratulated for something. Booing unnecessarily, clapping in a self congratulory way...........worlds gone mad.

My no 1. Pet hate, people applauding themselves!

Grrr.

27 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Every time I hear the noise I look for a 6'4" Estonian goalkeeper

4 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Erm yes I would, if that's what was on the menu.

Did you when you renewed your season ticket, get the lovely email about how life would be so great under our new leader Paul Clement etc etc, and when you shelled out over half a grand to renew, feel that you couldn't have a moan when we wasn't hitting the standards that was set out at the start of the season.  It seems Mel wasn't happy either, and showed his discontent with a visit to the dressing room and removal of the manager a few weeks later.

My expectations didn't exceed Championship football, I knew once the decision was made to employ the u21 coach that we would be playing championship football again this year, and still renewed.  I can therefore moan at anything I like, obviously you sit there, clapping and cheering all the time, shelling out money to go visit them home and away without ever complaining about a thing, similar I'm sure to the days under Nigel Clough, however I'm honest in my assessment of my support, and whilst I'm not going to shout anything negative whilst watching the game, I appreciate that others have the right to do so.

did the letter promise promotion?

I'm pretty sure the promises made were met, we were competitive and tried to win.

3 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I was saying Boo-urns

Mart Poom ... He was a proper player wasn't he ! ? ( auto spell corrected this to Mary Poo ?) 

Anyway back to Steve Copell .. I have the faintest idea if he'd be any good for us .. Is he off the pace having been outside the championship or top flight for a long while ? I have no idea .. I do think he was a cracking footballer, did a good job at most clubs he has been at. Doesn't seem to make enemies, is intelligent and might just have something to offer. I think though he might be a bit like that other ManU old boy Mark Hughes and be the sort of man who needs time to institute a philosophy and style .. Have we the patience ? 

3 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

If i was Mel id be throwing money at Damien Comolli or Frank Arnesen instead who i believe are both without clubs at the minute...

Arnesen maybe, but Comolli? Are you bonkers? Look at the money he wasted at Liverpool.

Archived