simple poll do you still back Mel???

simple poll  

337 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, blackNwhites said:

Still back him but mightily confused why he's paid out £30m if promotion wasn't important.

Promotion is important because it's the only way he's ever going to recoup any of his investment - if he ever intends to walk away.

It isn't top priority this year though. He'd rather we build a strong team who play entertaining football, capable of staying in the Prem. He sees this as preferable to going up unprepared and coming straight down & having to re-build again.

39 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Wrong question asked completely in this poll for me. If it said:

"Do you think Mel Morris has performed a good job as chairman in his time at DCFC?" a lot more people will probably vote no.

I disagree, it would be the same

55 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Wrong question asked completely in this poll for me. If it said:

"Do you think Mel Morris has performed a good job as chairman in his time at DCFC?" a lot more people will probably vote no.

Erm, no.

How about " Do you not think that Mel hasn't not performed badly in his time at DCFC or not?".

I'd like to see the results from that one.

1 hour ago, StaffsRam said:

Is it that promotion isn't important, or is it that it's not promotion at any cost?

So many questions, we need answers. We must use the DeLoreon, travel back to the day Clement got sacked and infiltrate the boardroom meeting that led to the sacking.

56 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Promotion is important because it's the only way he's ever going to recoup any of his investment - if he ever intends to walk away.

It isn't top priority this year though. He'd rather we build a strong team who play entertaining football, capable of staying in the Prem. He sees this as preferable to going up unprepared and coming straight down & having to re-build again.

If he wants to take time to inflate the squad, why would you go out and spend £30m to do it. That is a huge sum of money for a side that's been languishing in the second tier of English football for over a decade (barring that year).

Just do a Clough without all the selling. Look for bargains, bring through the academy players.

If that was the policy, it was an expensive way to go about it.

1 minute ago, blackNwhites said:

So many questions, we need answers. We must use the DeLoreon, travel back to the day Clement got sacked and infiltrate the boardroom meeting that led to the sacking.

I'd prefer to go back to when Clement was in discussion to be appointment. I'm very intrigued as to what Clement said and if any of it was utter bullshit to just land the job.

Just now, curtains said:

He calls the shots and if he thinks it's best for the club so be it but they won't get a penny out of me during his tenure, it's the only thing I can do.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I'd prefer to go back to when Clement was in discussion to be appointment. I'm very intrigued as to what Clement said and if any of it was utter bullshit to just land the job.

We can do anything, we have the DeLoreon.

Just read some newer posts which cleared up the context for me.

Still think £30m to maintain the quality of football is a bit strange, and for Clement to totally ignore his job description.

Somebody made a huge mistake, or somebodies. Chairman Mel and the scouting 'team'.

Archived