More transfers to come ?

WystonRam

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't Clement say that any signings we get in will not be squad players and will come in only if they significantly improve on what we've got?

In that case I don't think it's going to be a striker purely because a better striker than Martin wouldn't come here, Weimann and Bent are new signings, so they'd get pushed down the pecking order.

If we go for wingers it could be a winger, we're limited in that area but again Ince wouldn't drop to the bench, so only 1 place in the squad.

Centre mid? Possibly. Would probably result in a CM leaving. I can't see it being a CDM unless Clement rates Bridcutt or whoever over Thorne.

It could be a full-back, won't be a keeper. Centre back perhaps, but that would all but see either Keogh or Buxton go, neither would be starting and both would be pushed down 1 in the pecking order.

We still do not have a back up player for Martin, that can hold the ball up with his back to goal.

the reason we went down hill when Martin got injured was because the tactics didn't change and McLaren tried to fit round pegs into square holes. You change the formation to match the players that you have at your disposal.

Jordan Rhodes and Darren Bent are very similar - I don't think we would actually benefit at all from signing Rhodes as we can only put so many players on the pitch and I don't think either is much better than the other if at all. 

If I could pick four positions I would look to strengthen now, which sounds more than we will but oh well:

A seriously, seriously good right-back - I like Christie and I think Ssewankambo has a lot of promise but I'm not holding out for either to be pulling up trees in the Championship next season. Christie, at this point last season, looked an outstanding player and he's still some way for them levels. Ssewankambo has shown that he's perhaps as capable as Christie, but not better. 

A defensive midfielder - I think we're still a little short in this area, but that's only because we're holding our breathe on Thorne staying fit. I wouldn't be opposed to loaning one in, maybe even during the loan window, but I have no doubt we will need one. That is unless, of course, Hanson improves dramatically.

A winger - again, this should be a loan move as we are already very strong in this area and Premier League clubs tend to have these types of players in abundance. I think club's will see what we've done with Ibe and will consider us as a good option, especially with Clement at the helm. 

A striker, well a target man - as I said, this could be a loanee quite comfortably, but I don't know too many kicking around. I think that will be the most difficult position to buy for. 

I think that will depend on who goes out though. 

Dwight Gayle?

Maybe. Palace have been strengthening their forward options. Very good goal scoring record. Especially when we take into account minutes played per goal. Shown he can offer something to a PL side. They wouldn't sell him for anything less than what they bought him for. 

Jordan Rhodes and Darren Bent are very similar - I don't think we would actually benefit at all from signing Rhodes as we can only put so many players on the pitch and I don't think either is much better than the other if at all. 

If I could pick four positions I would look to strengthen now, which sounds more than we will but oh well:

A seriously, seriously good right-back - I like Christie and I think Ssewankambo has a lot of promise but I'm not holding out for either to be pulling up trees in the Championship next season. Christie, at this point last season, looked an outstanding player and he's still some way for them levels. Ssewankambo has shown that he's perhaps as capable as Christie, but not better. 

A defensive midfielder - I think we're still a little short in this area, but that's only because we're holding our breathe on Thorne staying fit. I wouldn't be opposed to loaning one in, maybe even during the loan window, but I have no doubt we will need one. That is unless, of course, Hanson improves dramatically.

A winger - again, this should be a loan move as we are already very strong in this area and Premier League clubs tend to have these types of players in abundance. I think club's will see what we've done with Ibe and will consider us as a good option, especially with Clement at the helm. 

A striker, well a target man - as I said, this could be a loanee quite comfortably, but I don't know too many kicking around. I think that will be the most difficult position to buy for. 

I think that will depend on who goes out though. 

i tend to agree but i also think that maybe enough is enough. Lets work with what we've got and see where that takes us first.

i tend to agree but i also think that maybe enough is enough. Lets work with what we've got and see where that takes us first.

The latter three could definitely be picked up on loan in the emergency window if absolutely needed. I still think an absolute top class right back is needed.

Christie has the ability, but he's inconsistent. Shotton is turned too easily and Ssewankambo is just starting out in his career. 

Get Wisdom back then I'll be itching for the first game to come around! 

The latter three could definitely be picked up on loan in the emergency window if absolutely needed. I still think an absolute top class right back is needed.

Christie has the ability, but he's inconsistent. Shotton is turned too easily and Ssewankambo is just starting out in his career. 

Get Wisdom back then I'll be itching for the first game to come around! 

We don't yet know if the keeper is better. Subject to a surprise inclusion for Baird or ssewankambo we've still got the same full backs. We can only guess as to whether the addition of Shackell will solve the defensive issues. GT is fragile and we haven't yet got proven cover. you could argue that we are also short of cover for the wingers and strikers......but even so, its already a big squad. I feel like we'll puke if we stuff ourselves with any more. 

Last season our weakest area of the team most weeks was right back, we saw it, Mel saw it, big Sam saw it and if Clement watched his DVDs he will have seen it.

With the big money we are spending id be shocked, in fact mortified if we weren't looking to strengthen RB.

We were rumoured to be after Lowton from Villa and could have got him for a million, but he went to Burnley.

So I would hope we have someone better lined up, like Wisdom.

Archived