Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bullshit. I did not say we have the same chance of being in the premier league as celtic. All i said is we can't offer EPL football TO RUSSELL. Neither do Celtic.

The quote you used was celtic can never offer pl football, key word there einstein is "never". You said, underneath the quote, neither do Derby, you directly compared our ability to make the pl and celtics, it is right there and still you deny it.

I'd have to say that Derby County ought to be a very attractive proposition for a striker who can score goals, but has to prove himself in England. With the amount of sitters that our strikers missed last season, you would expect that anyone with a decent finish could expect 25+. And Hughes and Hendrick are both another year more experienced. 

I have a good feeling about this transfer, and next season if we get Russell, Forsyth and a decent partner for Keogh, and keep Brayford, Hughes and Hendrick...and don't try to accommodate Bryson in a silly unbalanced formation.

Thats a lot of ifs though... what would you do about having 3 CMs in Hughes hendrick and Bryson?

Thats a lot of ifs though... what would you do about having 3 CMs in Hughes hendrick and Bryson?

I'd start with Hendrick and Hughes playing and Bryson on the bench. If either tire, or we're getting over-run, then Bryson is a brilliant option on the bench.

Then, as the season progresses soon as either of the youngsters struggles in terms of injury, fatigue, discipline or form then I'd bring Bryson in. Assuming we play fifty games (we can't lose every League Cup surely?) I'd envisage Hendrick starting 40, Hughes 35 and Bryson 25. That way I'd say that we'd have the strongest centre-midfield in the league for the entire season.

I also think that Sammon's energy could be very valuable when coming of the bench with 20 minutes to go. Can you imagine how a tired team would react if they saw a fresh Bryson and Sammon coming on?

I'd start with Hendrick and Hughes playing and Bryson on the bench. If either tire, or we're getting over-run, then Bryson is a brilliant option on the bench.

Then, as the season progresses soon as either of the youngsters struggles in terms of injury, fatigue, discipline or form then I'd bring Bryson in. Assuming we play fifty games (we can't lose every League Cup surely?) I'd envisage Hendrick starting 40, Hughes 35 and Bryson 25. That way I'd say that we'd have the strongest centre-midfield in the league for the entire season.

I also think that Sammon's energy could be very valuable when coming of the bench with 20 minutes to go. Can you imagine how a tired team would react if they saw a fresh Bryson and Sammon coming on?

Got to disagree with that i'm afraid.

At this moment in time i'd have to go with Bryson for the majority over Hughes.

The quote you used was celtic can never offer pl football, key word there einstein is "never". You said, underneath the quote, neither do Derby, you directly compared our ability to make the pl and celtics, it is right there and still you deny it.

You completely forgot about Russell again. The key word is can we offer PL football to "him"? I do not think so.  

You completely forgot about Russell again. The key word is can we offer PL football to "him"? I do not think so.

Unless he turns out to be a blinder then you would of thought even if we got promoted he would be a bench back up player (we hope! )

I can understand short-term negativity... but the lad's 23... so are you honestly saying that you don't beleive we're going to get promoted in the next, say, 10 years?

If so... why are you a Derby fan?

Right, you know for sure that we will not be promoted in the next 4 years? And you are a Derby fan?

Quick question

So is the key word “him“? That is the first time it has been used.

Or do you mean the key word is Russell, after all you did use a very big font, but that makes no sense.

I think you are actually trying to say that the key word is that we cannot offer Russell pl football, now that is quite a bit more than a word but you do not appear to be the sharpest tool in the shed so let's go with that.

So your point is that we are not in the premier league? But the guy you quoted, and tried to ridicule, knew that and was simply saying that if he was to come and sign for 3-4 years which is the normal contract length then he had the chance to make it, if he went to celtic he did not.

It was quite straightforward, but you raised issue with it and directly compared our ability to make the prem with Celtics. It is there in black and white, read it again, the thing you quoted was that celtic do not offer the possibility of playing in the pl at any time, you said neither do derby. The original poster was clearly not talking about next season but future seasons so I can only assume you were doing the same.

Archived