Johnny Russell

Ramchope

From an article before all this was announced...

Only the agreement of personal terms was completed after that article. It mentions a bid accepted. And I don't see how that would affect Celtic monitoring the situation, especially as he hasn't signed yet.

For the record, I still think we'll get him.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok , lets weigh up the situation ..

He signs for Celtic - 'oh well he was w**k anyway'..

He signs for us - if he doesn't score in the first twenty minutes of his debut ,

Sammon will no longer be number one 'hate target'..

the 'plus' side of him coming here , is he's more likely to get into the Prem with Derby

than he would with Celtic..

You're right. However, i don't think he'll get the full 20 minutes from a number of people on here. The first shot saved by the goalie [should have scored] or misplaced pass/loss of control [bring back Theo] and his fate will be sealed. Headline "Waste of £700k" [or whatever figure we decide in the next few days, irrespective of the facts].

You heard it here first....however, hope he's great -  just to rub it in :)

I dont care how $hite his goal scoring record is.

He'll never become my No1 target over Sammon.

Sammon is probably a better player than theo.

But at lest Theo has a go at goal every now and then.

Theo would get the odd goal, simply by having more efforts on goal, and being at the right place at the right time.

I just have no time for a Forward who doesnt want to score/is afraid to try/looks for support and wants to lay it off for someone else despite being in a clear goal scoring suituation himself.

If Russell is a goal scorer then he'll never be abused like Sammon is. I like my CFs to have already grown a pair!

Theo is lightening, but has a brain the size of a single cell organism.

Conor looks more of a footballer, but fannys about too much.

Nigel has tried the "go for pace" card when he set us up with Theo and Tyson (and Martin?) so clearly wants a few brains out there.

So.....you get an "enabler",

a bit like John O'Hare - he doesn't necessarily "do it", but sure as hell makes it happen.

And good luck to us - it is a very interesting signing. and if this club needs anything, its interest.

Am I the only one who thinks Dundee are being a tad greedy? Their valuation would suggest that Russell is a multi-million pound player...if we take into account how contract length and deprecation factor into a players valuation. 

Am I the only one who thinks Dundee are being a tad greedy? Their valuation would suggest that Russell is a multi-million pound player...if we take into account how contract length and deprecation factor into a players valuation. 

How much would you accept for Brayford?

and there is your answer.

Archived