This is not the time to knock Clough

Curtains

Yes... such statements generally refer to the fact that one cannot explain why they think or believe something.

he cannot man manage his players.his tactics are incomprehensible,he doesnt seem to know what his best side is.he is completely uninspiring in his interviews,which must mirror his aura on the training ground.His backroom staff are useless "yes men" and he is only in the job because of his surname.

ive seen plenty of poor managers at his club and clough is certainly in that bracket.

The problem is its the happy clapping,keep smiling,musnt moan pc brigade that put up with this dross.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, we are Derby so seeing only black and white is easy but surely there's both sides in every of us.

Clough +-:

+ signings

+ hard work mentality

+ family man

+ seeing bigger picture

+ shipping out people who doesn't do their job properly

- games and subs

- public criticising

- not admitting own faults

I'd say let's get someone in who can take control of games and interviews.

Opening the season with a 120 minute mid week cup game is very unusual and probably the worst preparation we could have had for that opening game. Despite that we got off to a great start and whilst we tired in that second half and ultimately ended up defending as Wednesday came at us and tried to get back into the game, are you saying that you offer no credit to Clough for how the team played first half yet all the blame to how we started sitting back a bit?

Where did I say that I like the attacking football that cloughs got us playing everyones says the possession game is the right way to go but in the second half we didn't ease off a bit we eased off a lot it's a wonder we got a point and then playing hoof ball up to ward we're inviting more pressure as I said should of played keep ball if we were going to sit back

he cannot man manage his players.his tactics are incomprehensible,he doesnt seem to know what his best side is.he is completely uninspiring in his interviews,which must mirror his aura on the training ground.His backroom staff are useless "yes men" and he is only in the job because of his surname.

ive seen plenty of poor managers at his club and clough is certainly in that bracket.

The problem is its the happy clapping,keep smiling,musnt moan pc brigade that put up with this dross.

His tactics saw us leading 2-0 in the first half on opening day as much as they saw us draw 2-2. He has lead players to the form of their lives and has built a handy young squad. He is honest and direct in interviews and equally will praise or criticise players when deserving. He has slowly built up a good young squad, despite having very little to spend and has equalled and even better managers in this division who were supposedly world class and working with comparatively unlimited budgets.

Its also worth noting that not knowing his best side might actually be a good thing as it means there is real competition for places.

Where did I say that I like the attacking football that cloughs got us playing everyones says the possession game is the right way to go but in the second half we didn't ease off a bit we eased off a lot it's a wonder we got a point and then playing hoof ball up to ward we're inviting more pressure as I said should of played keep ball if we were going to sit back

You need to work on your syntax. Generally speaking I wouldn't mind, but its very hard to understand your point when you write like this.

So you're saying that you think that we've been entirely poor so far this season, no positives at all?

Its not really fair to say Nigels tactics got us 2-0 v Wednesday and luck made them pull 2 back.

Having a blind positive view is as bad as a blind negative one

And we played 120 v Scunny cus we let them back in the game. If we're tired it's what we deserve. No complaints.

Just saying

Wednesday did well to get their second, but the first was entirely against the run of play.

You need to work on your syntax. Generally speaking I wouldn't mind, but its very hard to understand your point when you write like this.

So you're saying that you think that we've been entirely poor so far this season, no positives at all?

2 things

1 I don't know what syntax means

2 no there have been positives which I put iny original post I just think some of the decisions has made has cost is points and they ever so important second round in the COC

2 things

2 no there have been positives which I put iny original post I just think some of the decisions has made has cost is points and they ever so important second round in the COC

You don't need to tell me that you don't know what syntax means, its quite clear from this post.

2 things

syntax - is a payment you make when you do bad things

cheques payable to 'rimbaud@dcfcfans.co.uk'

Would people be seriously happier if he came out to the press and admitted his mistakes after every game? that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!

We lost, this makes people unhappy, and when they post on a forum, they don't want to just post:

I'M UNHAPPY!!

Because they'd look like an idiot, as such they try and rationalise why they are unhappy. One person will generally chuck out a throw away line like "It twaz dem dam subzes!!!" or "It waz dem taktiks!" and suddenly it'll be repeated until the cows come home, with usually no more explanation apart from the original statement. As its been repeated, other become more comfortable repeating it and it just becomes the norm, leading to it becoming "common knowledge" or "self evident" that the manager must have made the wrong decision, because... well, you know... everyone is saying it.

Okay, we are Derby so seeing only black and white is easy but surely there's both sides in every of us.

Clough +-:

+ signings

+ hard work mentality

+ family man

+ seeing bigger picture

+ shipping out people who doesn't do their job properly

- games and subs

- public criticising

- not admitting own faults

I'd say let's get someone in who can take control of games and interviews.

Here here, for god's sake, let's get someone in who is better in interviews. I wanna see Clough on Goals on Sunday and the One Show before the end of August. Jesus wept.

It doest mean that I just googled it basically Albert has called me stupid I must of offended him by having a different opinion.

I never said you were stupid, I just commented that you were hard to understand. You don't have to be stupid to be unintelligible.

I love it when people say things like "His backroom staff are useless "yes men"". I remember a season or 2 back when it was fashionable to say Crosby was useless as it made it look like the moaner had some clever football insight and weren't just listening to the radio and saying the first anti-Clough thing that came into their head.

But although this post is pretty mental, the thing that really turns it round is the "pc brigade" part. I disagreed with everything you said, but when you pointed out it was all down to that goddamn liberal elite pc brigade crowd, that means we have to put up with Clough, I'm now with you all the way.

I never said you were stupid, I just commented that you were hard to understand. You don't have to be stupid to be unintelligible.

Well I was highly offended by what you put........................................ Nit seriously if you look at what I first put to sum it up with good syntax (is that right) basically has his good and bad points but we've not had the easiest start watford (not waffles) is when I will decide to say I'm unhappy, clough out or not.

I still remember when Metgod was the "brains of the whole operation" after the purple patch of 10/11 finished. There were all sorts of wild rumours flying around at the time. I guess its hard for people to really comprehend that maybe we have a good backroom team trying to develop and shape a young squad in a tough league and results will occasionally go against us.

Archived