This is not the time to knock Clough

Curtains

For me NC is addressing the team. Sammon is a good signing as is Keogh Coutts Jacobs Oconner and the lads from Forest and Switzerland. I've criticised Clough in the past but come on its early days. Let's get behind NC and the Rams its our team.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The signings have been very good IMO all look shrewd quality buys - the performance levels on last season again, are much better we're looking to pass the ball about a bit more and show a bit more.

We aren't getting the results though, and that's what people are looking at...

For me the season begins at waffled then I shall cast my judgement on him but he has made good signings for the team but then makes bad tactical decisions.

COYR!!!!!!

Explain the bad tactical decision please.

It was his tactics that got us off to that flying start against Sheffield Wednesday, and a bit of luck that got them back into it. He tried the same tactic that didn't fail last year to keep us from conceding a late goal and a strange decision by a young midfielder of ours ultimately lost us 2 points. At what point was that the wrong tactics.

His tactics again got us playing well and even had us in a position at one point to possibly win it, but sadly it wasn't to be. His tactical changes that game were positive and one of the subs hit the post at a point where it would have made it 1-1...

...where were the bad decisions, or is this just you parroting the same old rubbish that people like to post when they can't explain why they're mad?

I don't agree he is making bad decisions. He's working with new players give him time.

Well being negative a lot and he's made subs that have cost us but let's hope he realizes that as we're more negative the more pressure that's on us and we may concede a lot.

Explain the bad tactical decision please.

It was his tactics that got us off to that flying start against Sheffield Wednesday, and a bit of luck that got them back into it. He tried the same tactic that didn't fail last year to keep us from conceding a late goal and a strange decision by a young midfielder of ours ultimately lost us 2 points. At what point was that the wrong tactics.

His tactics again got us playing well and even had us in a position at one point to possibly win it, but sadly it wasn't to be. His tactical changes that game were positive and one of the subs hit the post at a point where it would have made it 1-1...

...where were the bad decisions, or is this just you parroting the same old rubbish that people like to post when they can't explain why they're mad?

Dont start telling me I'm talking rubbish because I have a different opinion.

The Wednesday game after half time we came out and defended for 45 mins instead of attacking and at bolton the attacking subs were too late and why replace sammon with hughes when you have a striker on the bench in Bennett who came on later.

Made good signings. Have more depth in our squad than last season plus the youths coming through. Only played 2 games, played well in both and on another day we could be top of the league on 6 points instead of 22nd with 1 point. But if we keep playing well then the wins should naturally come..

COYR!

Right I've had time to calm down after last night. There was some good play and the score line could have been oh do different had the referee not disallowed our goal, spotted a push in the box or Bennetts shot have gone in.

But it still doesn't alter the fact that Fielding kept us in it, the defence shipped several chances when we started to sit back.

Its going to be a long season if we don't start seeing games out. It was good to see us go for the equaliser but why sit back like we did?

Now the decision really is do I spend another £100 plus taking the family to Wolves. I can't actually remember the last time I saw us win away. Might have some time in September last season.

I'd forgotten how much drama there is over you first few games, and it's the part of the season I don't miss at all and that must be why I'd forgotten it.

Curtains is completely right, it's not really the time to bash Clough, at least not on these games alone.

Just hope we start getting results and what we're seeing now isn't a pattern for the season. If we were still doing this in October, I would be getting seriously worried.

Dont start telling me I'm talking rubbish because I have a different opinion.

The Wednesday game after half time we came out and defended for 45 mins instead of attacking and at bolton the attacking subs were too late and why replace sammon with hughes when you have a striker on the bench in Bennett who came on later.

Hughes came on as an attacking midfielder from what I could tell. Hughes had also been arguably our best player in the previous two games, surely bringing him on was a priority. He himself has said (if I recall correctly) that his best position is just behind the striker.

We also didn't defend for 45 minutes, but we did slow down after the half time break, most probably something to do with playing 120 minutes midweek, but lets ignore that.

Look, one day when Derby are looking for a new manager, whether that be November or 2040, apply for the job, speak to them of your vast tactical knowledge, see how that goes.

Hughes came on as an attacking midfielder from what I could tell. Hughes had also been arguably our best player in the previous two games, surely bringing him on was a priority. He himself has said (if I recall correctly) that his best position is just behind the striker.

We also didn't defend for 45 minutes, but we did slow down after the half time break, most probably something to do with playing 120 minutes midweek, but lets ignore that.

Look, one day when Derby are looking for a new manager, whether that be November or 2040, apply for the job, speak to them of your vast tactical knowledge, see how that goes.

From what I saw he was a striker and I didn't exactly see us attack Wednesday a lot in the second half and I think it's pathetic how people use the fact that they played for an extra 30 mins as an excuse for us sitting back if your gonna defend play keepball then you not hooding it and running around and I'm not saying I'm a tactical genius but it obvious tjatwe're inviting pressure when we sit back.

From what I saw he was a striker and I didn't exactly see us attack Wednesday a lot in the second half and I think it's pathetic how people use the fact that they played for an extra 30 mins as an excuse for us sitting back if your gonna defend play keepball then you not hooding it and running around and I'm not saying I'm a tactical genius but it obvious tjatwe're inviting pressure when we sit back.

Opening the season with a 120 minute mid week cup game is very unusual and probably the worst preparation we could have had for that opening game. Despite that we got off to a great start and whilst we tired in that second half and ultimately ended up defending as Wednesday came at us and tried to get back into the game, are you saying that you offer no credit to Clough for how the team played first half yet all the blame to how we started sitting back a bit?

Its not really fair to say Nigels tactics got us 2-0 v Wednesday and luck made them pull 2 back.

Having a blind positive view is as bad as a blind negative one

And we played 120 v Scunny cus we let them back in the game. If we're tired it's what we deserve. No complaints.

Just saying

Archived