Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

froggg

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's important to get a result from this game- win, draw, whatever (although let's not play for the draw). The moment we went into extra time v Ssausagehorpe, it became a concern that we had three matches in the space of a week, two against recently relegated teams and one against a recently promoted team. Luckily we'll have a week to prepare for the Watford game, while the Hornets have a cup game midweek (fingers crossed for extra time!) so I feel it is important we win that game. After the rest of September- Huddersfield (A), Charlton (H), Burnley (H) and Forest (A)- contains some winnable yet nonetheless tough matches, a good opportunity to build some momentum up.

As for the Wolves game- whisper it- I think we could get something from it. If Clough fires them up sufficiently and makes some changes- giving Jacobs, Buxton, Sammon and Hughes games (and for god's sake, bring Theo back!), we could continue our good football and might just snatch something. Wolves are about to let go of Fletcher and Jarvis, and what I've heard of them so far this season- a win against Barnsley, but also a meek defeat to Leeds and scraping past Aldershot on penalties in the cup (at least we lost to a League One side!)- we might just get lucky, you never know.

As for a prediction, I'll sit on the fence and say 1-1...Ebanks Blake on 34, Bryson on 41.

Our defence is really a concern at the moment and our midfiled need strengh of more experienced players.

My team against Wolwes would be:

Frank Fielding

Tom Naylor

Jake Buxton

Richard Keogh

James O'Connor

Craig Bryson

Paul Coutts

Michael Jacobs

Will Hughes

Jamie Ward

Conor Sammon

Subbs: Theo Robinson, Mason Bennett, Ben Davies, Nathan Tyson, Jeff Hendrick, Valentin Gjokaj and Saul Deeney.

Archived