Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

froggg

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man for man wolves obviously far superior to us. However we've had 2 good perfermamces and probably deserve a win. Wolves got a wake-up call against Leeds and went on to comfortably beat Barnsley who many think will struggle anyway. From what I know they have a big, strong team who have very talented wide-men. I wonder how Derby will line up because although I rate Roberts at left-back, Matt Jarvis will pass him every time. Prediction Wolves 1 Derby 2. Jarvis, Sammon and Tyson.

Man for man wolves obviously far superior to us. However we've had 2 good perfermamces and probably deserve a win. Wolves got a wake-up call against Leeds and went on to comfortably beat Barnsley who many think will struggle anyway. From what I know they have a big, strong team who have very talented wide-men. I wonder how Derby will line up because although I rate Roberts at left-back, Matt Jarvis will pass him every time. Prediction Wolves 1 Derby 2. Jarvis, Sammon and Tyson.

Name a fast player that has beaten roberts hands down over the past 13 months - and go.

I can name a load that he kept at bay without breaking a sweat.

Name a fast player that has beaten roberts hands down over the past 13 months - and go.

I can name a load that he kept at bay without breaking a sweat.

I wasn't referring to Jarvis being able to beat Roberts for pace down the wing, although he is rather fast anyway. In my opinion I think Jarvis will be the trickiest winger Roberts has come across. Jarvis is too footed and can swing a cross in on either foot by cutting inside or going down the line. Plus he executed skill very well and doesn't over do it like a lot of wingers would. Like I said I do rate Roberts at left back, but I think this will be a tall order even for him. And like Tibbs said he might be at West Ham by Saturday.

I wasn't referring to Jarvis being able to beat Roberts for pace down the wing, although he is rather fast anyway. In my opinion I think Jarvis will be the trickiest winger Roberts has come across. Jarvis is too footed and can swing a cross in on either foot by cutting inside or going down the line. Plus he executed skill very well and doesn't over do it like a lot of wingers would. Like I said I do rate Roberts at left back, but I think this will be a tall order even for him. And like Tibbs said he might be at West Ham by Saturday.

Roberts for me is one of the most competent full backs in the league - rarely see him get beat, over the past year or so has out performed Brayford by a long way.

Jarvis is a good player, but Roberts rightfully is one of the trickiest games he'll have (if he stayed in this division) at this level, but as said, he is moving along.

Roberts for me is one of the most competent full backs in the league - rarely see him get beat, over the past year or so has out performed Brayford by a long way.

Jarvis is a good player, but Roberts rightfully is one of the trickiest games he'll have (if he stayed in this division) at this level, but as said, he is moving along.

You're right Roberts is a top full back who gets the job done week in week out, and has hardly put a foot wrong. My reason for high-lighting Roberts possibly struggling on Saturday is because Jarvis was capable of causing Premier League full backs problems. In my opinion, he was the one player Wolves had who, despite being relegated, looked a threat every time he picked up the ball. I think Roberts will have to raise the bar on Saturday to keep Jarvis quiet.

so true i like roberts but a lot of people underrate him to be fair though when he has a rare bad game its a howler

Archived