NC on Theo Robinson

CumbrianRam

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Nige has given theo a kick up the arse for that stagger penalty then he has gone up in my estimation. Daniel Sturridge is not good enough a player to do it for Team GB and Theo Robinson is not good enough a player to do it for us.

I call excellent man-management.

Theo works hard and impresses after being dropped and gets himself back in he squad, bad man management or good man management?

If he works hard and gets back in the squad its not going to be mentioned.

If he doesn't... it'll be "NIGEL OUT!"

Derby County have reprimanded striker Theo Robinson for tweeting about being dropped before the team was announced.

Robinson revealed he was not in the squad before the [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19252279]Rams' 2-0 defeat by Bolton on Tuesday.

Manager Nigel Clough told [url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/england/derbyshire/default.stm]BBC Radio Derby: "The lads know the squad an hour or two before [kick-off]. But we don't go broadcasting it to the opposition.

"He's been made aware of his responsibilities and our feelings on them. We'll deal with it internally."

Handling the consequences of players' social media interactions has become a feature of modern management.

"It's something [which has] just come in during recent times," said Clough. "The players all sign up to a rulebook.

"We've been in the process of sorting it out with the FA. We know exactly what we can and can't put in."

The Rams boss went on to dismiss Twitter as having a place in the lives of players.

He said: "I've never been on any Twitter thing and I cannot see one benefit of players being on it.

"If so-called celebrities want to pop on there and tell people what they're having for lunch then that's up to them. But, in sport, especially football, players will find it difficult to stick to non-football issues."

I think it comes over as Theo not being the brightest cake in the cake shop. I may be wrong, but I think once he was told he had been dropped it shook him enough to get his backside up to Bolton to support the team and make sure everyone new he was doing it. Unfortunately, it was a bit dumb to broadcast it in advance of the match. Meant well but........... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

Derby County have reprimanded striker Theo Robinson for tweeting about being dropped before the team was announced.

Robinson revealed he was not in the squad before the [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19252279]Rams' 2-0 defeat by Bolton on Tuesday.

Manager Nigel Clough told [url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/england/derbyshire/default.stm]BBC Radio Derby: "The lads know the squad an hour or two before [kick-off]. But we don't go broadcasting it to the opposition.

"He's been made aware of his responsibilities and our feelings on them. We'll deal with it internally."

Handling the consequences of players' social media interactions has become a feature of modern management.

"It's something [which has] just come in during recent times," said Clough. "The players all sign up to a rulebook.

"We've been in the process of sorting it out with the FA. We know exactly what we can and can't put in."

The Rams boss went on to dismiss Twitter as having a place in the lives of players.

He said: "I've never been on any Twitter thing and I cannot see one benefit of players being on it.

"If so-called celebrities want to pop on there and tell people what they're having for lunch then that's up to them. But, in sport, especially football, players will find it difficult to stick to non-football issues."

Exactly this!

Twitter, along with kids on my lawn, are two of my most major concerns...

Theo or Nigel who do I go with on this one? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

I choose Cloughie, I'm not keen on the twitter thing either Nige. Theo you're a dunce, we could have won if you had tried harder in training and got in the team and not put our starting 11 on sausageter.

Sort it out Theo, we need you up front feeding the fish.

Damn it Nigel, you shouldn't be telling the media our team sheet, a manager named Nigel Clough told us that!

[size=5]"The lads know the squad an hour or two before [kick-off]. But we don't go broadcasting it to the opposition." - [/size][size=4]Nigel Clough, pre Wolves game interview, 24th of August 2012[/size]

Not letting me copy and paste on me iPad but Theo 'could' be in the squad tomorrow, hidden in the Buxton article at the bottom

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/buxton-could-return-332634.aspx

Did you miss this headline from yesterday

Nigel Clough: Theo Robinson will return to Derby County squad for Wolves

STRIKER Theo Robinson has responded in a positive manner after being dropped from Derby County's first-team squad.

Robinson played a full game in yesterday's Under-21 League fixture against Leeds United and scored Derby's second goal in a 2-2 draw.

His performance in the match at Leeds' Thorp Arch training ground was watched by manager Nigel Clough and members of the Rams' coaching staff.

"Theo worked very hard and he will be back in the first-team squad for Saturday's game against Wolves," said Clough.

"If he gets back to doing what he did against Leeds, then he'll be fine."

Derby have not been happy with Robinson's form in recent weeks and he has been told he must step up his work rate if he wants to win back a place in the side.

The 23-year-old was left out of the squad for Tuesday's defeat by Bolton Wanderers.

New signing Connor Sammon started up front at the Reebok Stadium and he was partnered by Nathan Tyson.

Derby's other striking options were Jamie Ward, who finished the game in attack after starting on the left side of midfield, and 16-year-old Mason Bennett, who was among the substitutes.

Robinson was joint leading scorer last season and started the final 14 games – his best run in the side since signing from Millwall – and he hit four goals in six friendlies during pre-season.

"There was a combination of reasons why Theo was not in the 18 at Bolton," said Clough.

"Part of it was down to the balance of defenders, midfielders and attackers on the bench.

"We had Mason Bennett on there, who did very well in pre-season, and Jamie Ward is really a forward, so we had enough options up front.

"We have not been 100% happy with Theo and we have talked to him about working harder.

"He must remember what got him into the first team last season."

Clough was delighted with Sammon's debut at Bolton.

"I thought Conor showed in the first half when he was fresh that he is going to be a handful in this league," said Clough, who added that the striker was substituted after 69 minutes because of cramp.

Will Hughes came on and Clough admits it had been difficult to leave the 17-year-old midfielder out at Bolton after he had started against Ssausagehorpe United and Sheffield Wednesday.

"It was a difficult decision but we didn't think it was the wrong decision," said Clough. "It was based on the physical side, more than anything. I had a chat with Will and he did feel a bit tired after Saturday."

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story-16752196-detail/story.html

It's good that the club has responded, because there was a largely negative reaction from the club about him not being the squad against Bolton. That said, I don't actually see anything wrong with him being dropped. Its not as though he was going to start, and ultimately if he's not pulling his weight in training, he shouldn't just get a place in the squad on last season's performance.

Did you miss this headline from yesterday

Nigel Clough: Theo Robinson will return to Derby County squad for Wolves

STRIKER Theo Robinson has responded in a positive manner after being dropped from Derby County's first-team squad.

Robinson played a full game in yesterday's Under-21 League fixture against Leeds United and scored Derby's second goal in a 2-2 draw.

His performance in the match at Leeds' Thorp Arch training ground was watched by manager Nigel Clough and members of the Rams' coaching staff.

"Theo worked very hard and he will be back in the first-team squad for Saturday's game against Wolves," said Clough.

"If he gets back to doing what he did against Leeds, then he'll be fine."

Derby have not been happy with Robinson's form in recent weeks and he has been told he must step up his work rate if he wants to win back a place in the side.

The 23-year-old was left out of the squad for Tuesday's defeat by Bolton Wanderers.

New signing Connor Sammon started up front at the Reebok Stadium and he was partnered by Nathan Tyson.

Derby's other striking options were Jamie Ward, who finished the game in attack after starting on the left side of midfield, and 16-year-old Mason Bennett, who was among the substitutes.

Robinson was joint leading scorer last season and started the final 14 games – his best run in the side since signing from Millwall – and he hit four goals in six friendlies during pre-season.

"There was a combination of reasons why Theo was not in the 18 at Bolton," said Clough.

"Part of it was down to the balance of defenders, midfielders and attackers on the bench.

"We had Mason Bennett on there, who did very well in pre-season, and Jamie Ward is really a forward, so we had enough options up front.

"We have not been 100% happy with Theo and we have talked to him about working harder.

"He must remember what got him into the first team last season."

Clough was delighted with Sammon's debut at Bolton.

"I thought Conor showed in the first half when he was fresh that he is going to be a handful in this league," said Clough, who added that the striker was substituted after 69 minutes because of cramp.

Will Hughes came on and Clough admits it had been difficult to leave the 17-year-old midfielder out at Bolton after he had started against Ssausagehorpe United and Sheffield Wednesday.

"It was a difficult decision but we didn't think it was the wrong decision," said Clough. "It was based on the physical side, more than anything. I had a chat with Will and he did feel a bit tired after Saturday."

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story-16752196-detail/story.html

You just made all that up

I know this thread is about the one and only theo

but what's people's thoughts on the likes of connor doyle and mason bennet?

personally i think doyle is a lost cause........he means well but he's utter *****

as for mason bennet i just have a hatred for him, he seems like a cocky little **** with a bit of talent who thinks he's amazing (kind of like a young ronaldo....just less skillful)

Archived